Version 0.17.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.10

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Terrain generator options are preserved by the map generator GUI unless explicitly changed.
  • Changed landfilling result to be tile called "landfill" instead of tile called "grass-1". It looks the same for now, but it solves some unexpected behaviour. We might give it a custom graphics later on. (67282) Existing blueprints containing "grass-1" will be migrated to the "landfill" tile.
  • The game will load without an error when non-essential shaders fail to compile. (65107)
  • When a player dies in the Wave defense, the free equipment will be removed from the corpse.
Minor Features
  • "Make Blueprint", "Make Blueprint Book", "Make Deconstruction Planner", "Make Upgrade Planner", "Toggle Personal Roboport", and "Toggle Exoskeleton" functions are now accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed references to nonexistent noise expressions in map gen settings would crash the game.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to read Lua drop-down font style names. (67379)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to join a Steam game fails in some cases. (67366)
  • Fixed crash related to latency hiding and undo.
  • Fixed that map generation wouldn't always update to reflect modded noise expressions.
  • Fixed a crash when the open GUI target would become invalidated during the same tick as autosave starting.
  • Fixed that the repaired lab showed in the bonus GUI. (67320)
  • Fixed NPE crash when Compilatron tried to place his chest. (67153)
  • Fixed that Control+F didn't work in the trains GUI. (66253)
  • Probably fixed GUI not responding to user input in some situations. (66210)
  • Fixed scaling of some of the debug info text overlay. (67172)
  • Fixed headless server would be stuck in reset loop when trying to apply an update. (67231)
Scripting
  • Added LuaGuiElement::select_all and select methods that work for textfield and textbox.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.10

Post by darkfrei »

I like updates!

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aardwolf »

Nice!

What I'd still like to see is:

-way to move items (shortcuts) in the quickbar by dragging them, the middle click method is too much hassle (middle clicking itself is fine, but if you want to swap two items you need to temporarily use a third slot to put one...)

-way to open all your blueprints with one of those blueprint related buttons (right of the quickbar), not with items from your inventory or quickbar itself (why must blueprints be in inventory at all?! since you create a blueprint with one of the buttons from the right, it makes sense that you can also use them from those buttons? the book button is the weirdest of all, one would expect it to open the book but instead it puts an empty book in your inventory...)

-trees better visible on the map

Thanks!

[EDIT: removed faulty copy blueprint point, oopsy :)]
Last edited by Aardwolf on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zignotzag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zignotzag »

Aardwolf wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:53 pm

-way to use a temporary blueprint that makes no item, just to say the robots "copypaste this thing to over there, but no need to keep that around for later"
How would this differ from the "Cut" & "Paste"?

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Thanks for all the bugfixing on the actual Factorio game. However, it would be nice if a bit of bugfixing was also done on the Factorio forums.

As pointed out in this thread, the forum's search function has been broken for several days already.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:33 pm
Changes
  • Changed landfilling result to be tile called "landfill" instead of tile called "grass-1". It looks the same for now, but it solves some unexpected behaviour. We might give it a custom graphics later on. (67282) Existing blueprints containing "grass-1" will be migrated to the "landfill" tile.
Dude YES!!! FINALLY!!!

Now you are just one step away from making it removable to reclaim water that was accidentally filled in.

Jannis92
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jannis92 »

-way to open all your blueprints with one of those blueprint related buttons (right of the quickbar), not with items from your inventory or quickbar itself (why must blueprints be in inventory at all?! since you create a blueprint with one of the buttons from the right, it makes sense that you can also use them from those buttons? the book button is the weirdest of all, one would expect it to open the book but instead it puts an empty book in your inventory...)
This is already planned to change, right?

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

Gergely wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:18 pm
Changes
Dude YES!!! FINALLY!!!

Now you are just one step away from making it removable to reclaim water that was accidentally filled in.
Creating water pools/puddles would be VERY useful indeed. My 'OCD' makes me want to shape natural lakes to another shape. Often it will fail a bit and then I cannot undo it (besides reloading an old save).

raisins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by raisins »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Changes
Dude YES!!! FINALLY!!!

Creating water pools/puddles would be VERY useful indeed. My 'OCD' makes me want to shape natural lakes to another shape. Often it will fail a bit and then I cannot undo it (besides reloading an old save).
The military applications are the problem. Arbitrary water would let you build moats. With landfill kept separate now they could make only removable landfill, which is less dangerous. But you could still use it as a drawbridge for a lake base.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

Thanks,

I can finally confirm that downloading a patch for the base game is no longer an issue.

Hiladdar

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

-way to move items (shortcuts) in the quickbar by dragging them, the middle click method is too much hassle (middle clicking itself is fine, but if you want to swap two items you need to temporarily use a third slot to put one...)
Doesn't it work this way now? You can drag an item from your inventory to quickbar as you wish. Do you mean something different than this?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

rldml wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Doesn't it work this way now? You can drag an item from your inventory to quickbar as you wish. Do you mean something different than this?
I think he means one of things we lost with neq quickbar - ability to rearrange items on it.
You can't grab one shortcut and move it between slots right now.

Cisz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cisz »

raisins wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 pm
Sander_Bouwhuis wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Changes
Dude YES!!! FINALLY!!!

The military applications are the problem. Arbitrary water would let you build moats. With landfill kept separate now they could make only removable landfill, which is less dangerous. But you could still use it as a drawbridge for a lake base.
There is a possible workaround, there is shallow water (in the editor at least), which is walkable, but (I guess) can be used for pumps. So this could be the compromise? Replace ground with shallow water, so it can be water and walkable?

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

raisins wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 pm
One solution is only being able to create the new shallow water added in 0.17, seen after you complete the NPE campaign. However, it still trivializes the water logistics, so it may very well not happen.

Sidenote: The shallow water doesn't have a proper walking sound yet, though the Alien Biomes mod has added one and generates maps with it now.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Nice improvements, thank you! πŸ™

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FasterJump »

Changes
Dude YES!!! FINALLY!!!

I love this idea. I imagine new new landfill graphics being something with gravels or gabion, in factorio style.

bigbear1989
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bigbear1989 »

Minor Features
"Make Blueprint", "Make Blueprint Book", "Make Deconstruction Planner", "Make Upgrade Planner", "Toggle Personal Roboport", and "Toggle Exoskeleton" functions are now accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
Minor Features
Minor
Minor?? Its MAJOR for me!

Panderturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Panderturtle »

"Make Blueprint", "Make Blueprint Book", "Make Deconstruction Planner", "Make Upgrade Planner", "Toggle Personal Roboport", and "Toggle Exoskeleton" functions are now accessible via keyboard shortcuts.
The shortcut for "Make Blueprint" is set unfortunate. ALT+B opens the symbolstrip of windows. I know you can edit the shortcuts, but for new players it is not quit optimal.

Edit: tested again and it happens only in some cases.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Panderturtle wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 pm
The shortcut for "Make Blueprint" is set unfortunate. ALT+B opens the symbolstrip of windows. I know you can edit the shortcuts, but for new players it is not quit optimal.

Edit: tested again and it happens only in some cases.
There is Alt+B and Win+B - symbolstrip is the second one. Might want to look into apps with functionality that disables windows key ;)

Return to β€œReleases”