Version 0.17.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.4

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed crashes related to Lua errors. (66007)
  • Fixed a crash when opening the fluid wagon GUI in the map editor. (66067)
  • Fixed that pressing "back" on the login prompt in the other settings GUI would exit the other settings GUI. (65643)
  • Fixed that robots could get stuck when trying to upgrade in some cases. (65816)
  • Fixed that the tooltips for tooltip times where backwards. (65085)
  • Fixed Lua commands wouldn't work show help correctly. (66022)
  • Fixed portable fusion reactor and rocketry tech pre-requisites - added military science pack. (66080)
  • Fixed uranium processing tech pre-requisites - added sulfur processing. (66060)
  • Removed ghost buildability consistency check until we properly integrate building of ghosts into the fluid mixing prevention logic.
  • Fixed crash related to train pathfinding. (65950)
  • Fixed layouting of Map Generator gui when the preview is shown. (65959)
  • Fixed issues with rich text tags referencing entities that have no icon.
  • Fixed crash related to moving blueprints from game blueprints to player blueprints. (66091)
  • Fixed crash related listing all players while while processing event of player being removed.
  • Fixed a crash related to research that would continue even though the research queue is empty. (66057)
  • Fixed Compilatron placing a chest on top of things. (65924)
  • Fixed crash during quest to reactivate assembler in NPE. (66122)
  • Fixed that script render text would scale with GUI scale. (65982)
Modding
  • Made MiningDrillPrototype::radius_visualisation_picture tintable.
We're having problems with our automatic updater at the moment, so please use Steam, or download the full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.4

Post by CDarklock »

(Loads up Factorio 0.17.3)
Forum: "Version 0.17.4"
*sigh*
(Closes Factorio and waits for update)

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

CDarklock wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:37 pm
(Loads up Factorio 0.17.3)
*sigh*
(Closes Factorio and waits for update)
Better still...
(Playing Factorio 0.17.3)
(Closes Factorio)
(Steam doesn't have the update yet)
*Facepalm*

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

0.17.4 (zip/manual DL) only contains three files, factorio.exe/pdb & factorio-tests.exe. Not the full build it normally does.
Given the changes to pre-requisites, I assume at least some files in base must have changed.

Edit: Mac & Nix builds lead to 404s. Win installer seems to be the regular 1+GB size.

Edit2: Either release bot took it's sweet time, or someone intervened, either way, it's fixed.
Last edited by MasterBuilder on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

wahming wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:41 pm
(Steam doesn't have the update yet)
Same, still waiting. Not a big deal, just, you know... timing. I'm watching the progress bar on startup, and the announcement hits. Announcement just hit Steam, so autoupdate should happen anytime now.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:43 pm
0.17.4 (zip/manual DL) only contains three files, factorio.exe/pdb & factorio-tests.exe. Not the full build it normally does.
Given the changes to pre-requisites, I assume at least some files in base must have changed.

Edit: Mac & Nix builds lead to 404s.
Win one is still downloading for me but it seems to have usual 1.1GB. Server seems pretty busy because dl speed is pretty low compared to yesterday.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If you encounter bugs or other technical issues, make a bug report or open a technical help topic, do not make bug reports here!

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

still wating for incremental updates not want to keep on dowlaod a full install each time

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mmppolton wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:13 pm
still wating for incremental updates not want to keep on dowlaod a full install each time
I agree, having to manually download all HD assets and all those unchanged files over and over is getting really annoying, tedious and for those among us without unlimited plans expensive.
Fixing the updater should take priority.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 pm
Fixed portable fusion reactor and rocketry tech pre-requisites - added military science pack. (66080)
I made a more detailed reply in the bug report thread, but it would be better to remove the military science pack from the fusion reactor. Even without biters you need it to power personal robot ports.

Schallfalke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schallfalke »

I am updating my mod about aliens so I found this out...
All enemy units have 100% acid resistance, except behemoth biter (which has 0/0%).
Is it intentional left out for behemoth biter, because they are running exceptionally fast (now +30% faster than big biter)?

gardrek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gardrek »

Optera wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:33 pm
mmppolton wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:13 pm
I agree, having to manually download all HD assets and all those unchanged files over and over is getting really annoying, tedious and for those among us without unlimited plans expensive.
It would be nice if they could release these smaller incremental updates as some sort of patch file as well.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

The auto updater won't see the new version 0.17.4 - so I have to download the whole game from Wube's website again thought

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

brunzenstein wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:57 pm
The auto updater won't see the new version 0.17.4 - so I have to download the whole game from Wube's website again thought
Correct:
FactorioBot wrote:
We're having problems with our automatic updater at the moment, so please use Steam, or download the full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Henry Loenwind
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Henry Loenwind »

Yesterday my anti-virus just scanned Factorio for a couple of extra seconds. Today we're one step further...

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

Klonan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 pm
brunzenstein wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:57 pm
Correct:
FactorioBot wrote:
how long to it is fix i am think of only updating when i run in to a bug that prevent me from moving on

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wahming »

Henry Loenwind wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 pm
Yesterday my anti-virus just scanned Factorio for a couple of extra seconds. Today we're one step further...

RIP the productivity at Avast HQ

Floaf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Floaf »

A lots of damage here :-)
Skärmklipp.PNG
Skärmklipp.PNG (655.4 KiB) Viewed 17686 times

Thanks for the release! I'm playing through the tutorial right now. All the wait has come to an end!

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Avast currently "questioning" (playing 8-) ) the file

hehehe now Factorio managed to snake in Avast HQ :D

The factory must grow!

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

... still wating for incremental updates not want to keep on dowlaod a full install each time ...
... It would be nice if they could release these smaller incremental updates as some sort of patch file as well ...
... I agree, having to manually download all HD assets and all those unchanged files over and over is getting really annoying, tedious and for those among us without unlimited plans expensive ...
yes, full version 1100MB+ and steam update only 38.4MB ...
yes (referring only to the current problem, NOT yet to incremental updates)
in addition to the above it takes additional time to always setup all options again.
since these are experimantal builds and lots of things can change, i don't dare to simply copy everything from the zip over on top of an existing install and thus cause conflicts with files or directories that might have been deleted, or whatever.
Klonan wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
although you write that in the release/patch notes, please put this important hint at the top (like you did when it happened the first time) and not at the end of the post. many people miss this notice when they don't read all of the changelog on the website. i DO read all of the changelog, but i do it ingame after installing the patch and thus also might not see that "notice".
how long to it is fix i am think of only updating when i run in to a bug that prevent me from moving on
because of all of the above, i also might try updating only once in a while, maybe every 7th subversion (once every week :-)

PS @fishycat: LOL :-)

Return to “Releases”