[MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Post by Therax »

Thanks Cadde for the additional pictures. I hope they help future users who run into similar confusion.
Kingdud wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Edit: Ok, I get it. The miniloader can *either* load or unload, it cannot unload on one side and load on the other. So it isn't possible to do what I'm doing, unload from a chest into an assembler. I have to have at least one belt unit in between. Lame.
Note that it's possible to get what you're after, 12-beacon cells with 5 belts in and 1 belt out, if you add a tile of width:
manybelts.png
manybelts.png (115.71 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Do note that there's a difference in speed between curved and straight belts right before/after the loader. The difference is noticeable at full belt speed, using double feeds with curves is necessary to maintain full speed for that belt type.

In total you can have 8 chests around the assembler. Which is enough for up to 420 items of input or output per second. (where at least one chest of course is used for the opposite)
Do note that there are recipes out there that (with speed modules and beacons) simply will not run every tick on an assembler as you can't feed them enough items.

However, per tick recipes are bloody awesome!

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Is there a way to configure this to "FOOMF" stuff in to a lab up to its maximum hold value the way Loader Redux does?

IE, fill the lab's inventory completely up and THEN stop instead of stopping at 2 of each bottle.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Locane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:08 pm
Is there a way to configure this to "FOOMF" stuff in to a lab up to its maximum hold value the way Loader Redux does?

IE, fill the lab's inventory completely up and THEN stop instead of stopping at 2 of each bottle.
This is determined by the core Factorio logic for inserters. For the behavior you’re describing you need a mod that uses loader entities like LoaderRedux, Deadlock’s Compact Loaders, etc., but you cannot use the same mod for loading vehicles like cargo wagons.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Therax wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:00 pm
This is determined by the core Factorio logic for inserters. For the behavior you’re describing you need a mod that uses loader entities like LoaderRedux, Deadlock’s Compact Loaders, etc., but you cannot use the same mod for loading vehicles like cargo wagons.
Ahh that's too bad. Load Redux is what I was using before, and it has a few buggy things with it so I was looking for something cleaner. It loads in to cargo trains just fine, it's what I used the loaders for, primarily.

Thank you for the reply!

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Locane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm
Ahh that's too bad. Load Redux is what I was using before, and it has a few buggy things with it so I was looking for something cleaner. It loads in to cargo trains just fine, it's what I used the loaders for, primarily.

Thank you for the reply!
LoaderRedux can load into cargo wagons, but it's very inefficient when doing so. If you have a look at the portal:
Performance

Don't use Loader Redux with wagons. It uses lua script to find wagons and puts items on belts through script as well.
Disable the option to connect to wagons in mod settings and use wagon > stack inserter > chest > loader > belt for much better performance.
Current versions of Loader Redux disable cargo wagon integration by default.

I wrote Miniloader in the first place to address the performance problems of using Loader Redux with trains. :)

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Therax wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm
Locane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Thank you for the reply!
LoaderRedux can load into cargo wagons, but it's very inefficient when doing so. If you have a look at the portal:
Performance

Don't use Loader Redux with wagons. It uses lua script to find wagons and puts items on belts through script as well.
Disable the option to connect to wagons in mod settings and use wagon > stack inserter > chest > loader > belt for much better performance.
Current versions of Loader Redux disable cargo wagon integration by default.

I wrote Miniloader in the first place to address the performance problems of using Loader Redux with trains. :)
I'm aware actually! But thank you for pointing it out anyway. I've run 3 different games now of (what I consider to be) relatively medium size compared to how I believe most users play (?), and my CPU is idle 60% of the time. I probably have roughly 100 of them all active on full in my game right now? And it doesn't matter at all.

I had performance issues with Endgame Combat that I had to disable and start a new map over, but never Loader Redux. At least not yet.

Aphelius
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aphelius »

Issue: When using bobs logistics rebalance with colored tiers of inserters, all miniloader recipes require express inserter(blue) to craft, instead of that loader color respectively. I guess they should require inserters (stack?) of the same color.
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (364.89 KiB) Viewed 5256 times

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

I probably introduced a bug in the most recent patch. I’ll have a look.

Yodarkore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yodarkore »

Aphelius wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:54 pm
Issue: When using bobs logistics rebalance with colored tiers of inserters, all miniloader recipes require express inserter(blue) to craft, instead of that loader color respectively. I guess they should require inserters (stack?) of the same color.Screenshot.png
Same bug here (angel/bob + bob logi overhaul) since a few days, pretty gamebreaking as i rely heavily on your loaders now for expansion... I'm currently browsing your control.lua to troobleshoot the bug but havent found it yet.

Yodarkore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Yodarkore »

Therax wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:13 pm
I probably introduced a bug in the most recent patch. I’ll have a look.
I browsed data.lua from your previous version (miniloader 1.6.8, and reverted all the mod to it due to that gamebreaking recipe bug during bobangel + boblogi overhaul run). I suspect the bug lies when you split data.lua into prototypes\recipes.lua, still investigating for it...

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Aphelius wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:54 pm
Issue: When using bobs logistics rebalance with colored tiers of inserters, all miniloader recipes require express inserter(blue) to craft, instead of that loader color respectively.
Yodarkore wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 pm
Same bug here (angel/bob + bob logi overhaul) since a few days
Should now be fixed in 1.6.10. Thanks for the reports!

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

getting an error in miniloader_1.7.0

5.208 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x43, right_bottom=53x86) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=212x85).
Sprite name: __miniloader__/graphics/entity/filter-template.png.: __miniloader__/graphics/entity/filter-template.png

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Sunnova wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:56 am
getting an error in miniloader_1.7.0

5.208 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x43, right_bottom=53x86) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=212x85).
Sprite name: __miniloader__/graphics/entity/filter-template.png.: __miniloader__/graphics/entity/filter-template.png
Should be fixed in 1.7.1. Looks like Factorio 0.17 is pickier about correct sprite sizes.

RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RockDeicide »

1.7.1 here, the issue persists but in a weird way: the game doesn't have any issues loading any mods until another one is added and after a restart the game demands a whole bunch of mods to be disabled. Re-enabling them one 1 by 1 works, until a certain number of them are enabled and then the story repeats. This only happens with mods from you and GotLag it seems.

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Thank you! Working fine so far :)
Therax wrote: Should be fixed in 1.7.1. Looks like Factorio 0.17 is pickier about correct sprite sizes.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

RockDeicide wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:37 pm
1.7.1 here, the issue persists but in a weird way: the game doesn't have any issues loading any mods until another one is added and after a restart the game demands a whole bunch of mods to be disabled. Re-enabling them one 1 by 1 works, until a certain number of them are enabled and then the story repeats. This only happens with mods from you and GotLag it seems.
Same error message? Do you have sprite atlas caching enabled?

RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RockDeicide »

1.7.2 here, the issue still persists, atlas caching on/off doesn't seem to effect it.

The error message is:

Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=1x1).
Sprite name: __core__/graphics/entity/empty.png.: __core__/graphics/entity/empty.png

Mods to be disabled:
  • Flare Stack
  • miniloader
  • beltlayer
  • Flow Control
  • DeepMine
  • Explosive Excavation

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

I ran into that one a lot while adapting seablock mining over for pyblock. The root cause turned out to be pycoalprocessing doing some naughty things when making the void recipes for the invisible beacon entity it used.

I forget the exact fix at the moment, but if you haven't found one in another 6 hours or so I'll be able to see what I did for that one.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

Finally home and looked over what was happening for me:

pyindustries sweeps through a bunch of categories, creating void recipes for them. In particular, it does ammo, armor, capsule, gun, item, mining-tool, and module. When it creates the recipe, it clones the icons table into a new one, adds the void one on the end, and blindly sets the recipe icon_size to 32. The workaround is that it does not do this for anything with a fuel_value, so I gave the invisible module in mine fuel_category="chemical" and fuel_value="1J". I recall the category was necessary to get the game to load it.

The invisible inserters are probably the cause here.

Return to “Mods”