pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

spitfire_23
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by spitfire_23 »

Yeah, seems crazy difficult to get enough glass. My starting quartz patch has room for about 2 crystal mines, so it's going to be slow going until I get to trains to bring in more quartz.

host65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by host65 »

Just saying I LOVE IT.

Got niobium running now and having a blast.

Pyanadon. The recipes seem really good now. Its a challenge to get all the borax (because iron needs a lot) but I like it. Will find a huge patch and get train loads of that stuff.

Continue, no complains about any recipe so far.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New update
So u decided to return worse variant in iron chain - 20 iron oxide for iron slime but 6 iron oxide - so now i'm absolutly sure that making iron slime from iron oxide have no sense :roll: - yeah yeah i thought that the 6 iron oxide was right decision from ur side but i mistaked
Smelting iron oxide directly to iron plates gives more iron plates then process it with ALL IRON PULPS from pulp 01 to pulp 07
Pyanodon i remeber u changed recipe for iron plate from raw ore - for now it 10 iron ore for 1 plate, I urge you to do something similar with iron oxide - let it be 4 iron oxide for 1 iron plate

ALL CHAINS for all ores looks good but iron chain is some broken i think - all we need todo is define iron slime production ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm
New update
So u decided to return worse variant in iron chain - 20 iron oxide for iron slime but 6 iron oxide - so now i'm absolutly sure that making iron slime from iron oxide have no sense :roll: - yeah yeah i thought that the 6 iron oxide was right decision from ur side but i mistaked
Smelting iron oxide directly to iron plates gives more iron plates then process it with ALL IRON PULPS from pulp 01 to pulp 07
Pyanodon i remeber u changed recipe for iron plate from raw ore - for now it 10 iron ore for 1 plate, I urge you to do something similar with iron oxide - let it be 4 iron oxide for 1 iron plate

ALL CHAINS for all ores looks good but iron chain is some broken i think - all we need todo is define iron slime production ;)
there was a infinite iron loop there that is why he changed it . the loop was 625% so 525% income per cicle.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
New update

there was a infinite iron loop there that is why he changed it . the loop was 625% so 525% income per cicle.
Explain as much as possible - can't understand with this %
Past variant with 6 iron oxide was very very good :D

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:38 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:29 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
New update

Explain as much as possible - can't understand with this %
Past variant with 6 iron oxide was very very good :D
3iron > 6 oxide > full processing > 18.75 plates

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I had the misconception that pyanodon has added a new variant recipe for iron slime after one of my discussions with him - I don't know where he got the code for the recipe after editing the code was right only he and Nexela
Here's my message in spoiler - coz too big:
Discussion about iron slime and my suggestion
Donno where's missing screenshots but okey

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurve »

mrbaggins wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:43 am
Arfarazon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm

t1 - Ore > processed > molten > plates
t2 - Same as t1 because it just unlocks steel and few recipes for graded iron which are unusable at this point.
t3 - Ore > processed > graded iron > iron dust > slime + useless pulp at this point which is burned away > unslimed > plates (with some byproducts than can be refined back to graded iron or iron dust)
OR
t3 - same as t1, because you need steel anyway.
t4 - Ore > processed > graded iron > iron dust > pulp way to high grade etc + slime > unslimed as byproducts
I feel like I'm mssing something....

T1, yep, ore, processed - molten - plates.
T2 makes no sense though for half of it. It opens the steel improvment, but all the iron grading crap is completely useless until you get to T3.

Either some stuff from T3 needs to come back to T2 so that grade 1/2/3 is useful, or the grade stuff in T2 needs to push back to T3.
I want to draw attention to these posts.

Judging from the iron industry diagram in the imgur album, I gather that we're supposed to have some way of smelting grade 1 iron directly into plates. We don't. Instead, the Iron 2 tech gives us a recipe for smelting plates from unslimed iron, which we can't actually make until Iron 3. I suspect the recipes got jumbled around a little at some point.

aeemnrsu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aeemnrsu »

Just started trying out Full Py and I'm getting some weird CPU usage spikes. Removing other mods leads me to believe it's one of Pyanodon's mods, probably Raw Ores, maybe HighTech.

When loading factorio, the status bar gets stuck for about 5-10min at 40%-60% and Loading Sprites. This also slows my entire computer and mkaes it difficult to type even this.

Then, while playing, placing a couple pY objects and walking around leads to again more CPU usage spikes/Factorio not responding, getting to the point of becoming unplayable.

Any ideas on fixes? I'm not too far into the game, and my angelbob run seems to still be running fine.

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Ore is very heavy on video memory.

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

aeemnrsu wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 am
Just started trying out Full Py and I'm getting some weird CPU usage spikes. Removing other mods leads me to believe it's one of Pyanodon's mods, probably Raw Ores, maybe HighTech.

When loading factorio, the status bar gets stuck for about 5-10min at 40%-60% and Loading Sprites. This also slows my entire computer and mkaes it difficult to type even this.

Then, while playing, placing a couple pY objects and walking around leads to again more CPU usage spikes/Factorio not responding, getting to the point of becoming unplayable.

Any ideas on fixes? I'm not too far into the game, and my angelbob run seems to still be running fine.
Hi

I too had this problem, it was when raw ores was enabled. A fix for me was go to options -> Graphics then on the left haand side towards the bottom change sprite resolution from high to normal. It made my load times go from around 5 - 10 minutes like yourself to around 30 seconds :)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Cardoyle wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:13 am
aeemnrsu wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:09 am

Hi

I too had this problem, it was when raw ores was enabled. A fix for me was go to options -> Graphics then on the left haand side towards the bottom change sprite resolution from high to normal. It made my load times go from around 5 - 10 minutes like yourself to around 30 seconds :)
wierd i got a long loading time problem after win 10 update but ill try to lower from high to med the rez to see if it works

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

Since ammo now requires lead, and mining lead requires acetylene, there is quite a long chain of products to get going before you can make any ammo at all. The time spent, and more importantly, the pollution generated to get any new ammo basically guarantees that I have already fended off enough biter attacks to have run out of the initial ammo.

My solution was to add back the vanilla recipe (4 iron plate -> 1 firearm magazine) as a slow handcraft-only recipe to help get through the early game. The amount of ammo needed for turrets or even just feeding an SMG for any length of time is still a very strong incentive to get lead mining up and running so you can automate ammo production.

What does everyone else do? Do most people just turn on Peaceful Mode when using pY mods?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

zizzleswomp wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 pm
Since ammo now requires lead, and mining lead requires acetylene, there is quite a long chain of products to get going before you can make any ammo at all. The time spent, and more importantly, the pollution generated to get any new ammo basically guarantees that I have already fended off enough biter attacks to have run out of the initial ammo.

My solution was to add back the vanilla recipe (4 iron plate -> 1 firearm magazine) as a slow handcraft-only recipe to help get through the early game. The amount of ammo needed for turrets or even just feeding an SMG for any length of time is still a very strong incentive to get lead mining up and running so you can automate ammo production.

What does everyone else do? Do most people just turn on Peaceful Mode when using pY mods?
i play peacefull but i agree with the hand crafting only recipe py did a sumilar thing when it came to circuit1

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I turned off pollution. I really don't think it's possible to play the full py suite with normal biter settings. And it would be miserable if you did

host65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by host65 »

I turn of biters completely. Pyanadon is hard enough by itself and I do not enjoy dealing with biters. Same true for cliffs, that is also turned off

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

pyanodon, I think I found an actual bug. In your PyCharts, the outlet-gas-1 recipe gives tar as a result. In the actual outlet-gas-1 recipe, it takes tar as an input. That's a rather large difference. I guess no one has done the new coke chain yet to notice? All of the other outlet gas filtering gives a useful output so I assume this one was meant to as well

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

is it intended that sand extractor 1 is unlocked with excavation one which is science 3 lvl when sand extractor 2 is unlocked in mining machines 2 in science 2 lvl?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 am
is it intended that sand extractor 1 is unlocked with excavation one which is science 3 lvl when sand extractor 2 is unlocked in mining machines 2 in science 2 lvl?
i will check it out.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

host65 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 am
Just saying I LOVE IT.

Got niobium running now and having a blast.

Pyanadon. The recipes seem really good now. Its a challenge to get all the borax (because iron needs a lot) but I like it. Will find a huge patch and get train loads of that stuff.

Continue, no complains about any recipe so far.
Thank you :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”