Pause Logistics Queues / Turn off logistic system requests

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Philuminati
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Switch to disable logistic slots

Post by Philuminati »

Sorry I didn't mean the trash slots but the auto-trash section. Let's say for example that you only let 300 belts of each colour be in your inventory. This way it is - for example - easier to replace all your belts in your mainbus without running out of space. Now you want to take more belts to your new outpost because who can built an outpost with only 300 belts? :D Of course you could just remove the belts from the auto-trash section but what if you have more than just belts in this section?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Philuminati wrote:Sorry I didn't mean the trash slots but the auto-trash section. Let's say for example that you only let 300 belts of each colour be in your inventory. This way it is - for example - easier to replace all your belts in your mainbus without running out of space. Now you want to take more belts to your new outpost because who can built an outpost with only 300 belts? :D Of course you could just remove the belts from the auto-trash section but what if you have more than just belts in this section?
How about save and load different auto trash configs for different use cases?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Philuminati
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Philuminati »

steinio wrote:How about save and load different auto trash configs for different use cases?
Can you explain what you are saying? I never heard about auto trash configs... :?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Philuminati wrote:
steinio wrote:How about save and load different auto trash configs for different use cases?
Can you explain what you are saying? I never heard about auto trash configs... :?
Yes, why they don't exist... so far.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Philuminati
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Philuminati »

Wouldn't a turn on/off option be easier to use than loading a whole new config? I mean normally you won't change everything, just a few items.

Darklaser
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Darklaser »

something like blocking/unblocking a slot with smth? so you can turn on/off 1 slot not all of them? they are visible but not in use?

Philuminati
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Philuminati »

Darklaser wrote:something like blocking/unblocking a slot with smth? so you can turn on/off 1 slot not all of them? they are visible but not in use?
Exactly.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

I like the idea of being able to turn off logistic requests, but not individually, rather a button / checkbox to turn them all on or off, I don't see the need to suspend one or 2 requests - just remove it.. and readd it's not hard, but as in the OP having bots flood you with new goodies after you die is a pain, you have to quickly cancel them all [edit, and run out of supply range] (sigh, only to readd later) Otherwise you get back to your body and run out of inventory space..

It would also be useful when you're at an outpost which has its own unique roboport set up (perhaps to move items from trains - repair packs, ammo etc) It's most likely you don't want to deplete the outposts resources, or for the logistic bots to empty your trash. So being able to turn off logistic requests / auto trashing would be very useful. An awesome mod is https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AutoTrash which lets you pause logistic requests, and a hell of a lot more besides (pre-made logistic request configs) And like his oil tanker mod eventually getting into vanilla so should this one.. It's more recommended than condoms for a gang bang on an STD hospital ward.

I really don't like the whole There's a mod for that ™, as I wonder if it's less likely to get added because the mod exists, if that makes sense. But like on/off for exoskeletons, personal roboports, belt immunity or night vision, a toggle for logistic requests/trashing would be very useful and should be in vanilla and not only available to those who mod-all-the-things.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Or better yet, the ability to set logistic slot profiles.

I like the idea of disabling as well.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ghoulish wrote: I really don't like the whole There's a mod for that ™, as I wonder if it's less likely to get added because the mod exists, if that makes sense. But like on/off for exoskeletons, personal roboports, belt immunity or night vision, a toggle for logistic requests/trashing would be very useful and should be in vanilla and not only available to those who mod-all-the-things.
Things with a mod a re more likely to be added. The problem is: There isn't a mod for this. Afaik there can't be a mod for this. The only way to mod this would be to remove the roboports and then you loose charge in the roboports making it basically useless.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

mrvn wrote:Afaik there can't be a mod for this. The only way to mod this would be to remove the roboports and then you loose charge in the roboports making it basically useless.
How about remove the construction bots from the player inventory and replace them with a placeholder item when the the player roboport is switched off, and do the reverse when the roboport is switched on.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

mrvn wrote:
Ghoulish wrote: I really don't like the whole There's a mod for that ™, as I wonder if it's less likely to get added because the mod exists, if that makes sense. But like on/off for exoskeletons, personal roboports, belt immunity or night vision, a toggle for logistic requests/trashing would be very useful and should be in vanilla and not only available to those who mod-all-the-things.
Things with a mod a re more likely to be added. The problem is: There isn't a mod for this. Afaik there can't be a mod for this. The only way to mod this would be to remove the roboports and then you loose charge in the roboports making it basically useless.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AutoTrash does;
Hotkeys:
Shift + P: Pauses Autotrash
Shift + O: Pause logistic requests
Shift + T: Add item on cursor to temporary trash. Pause/Unpause Autotrash if cursor is empty
For logistic request and if you want to pause your bots, you can use his (choumiko's) https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EquipmentHotkeys_fixed
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Zavian wrote:
mrvn wrote:Afaik there can't be a mod for this. The only way to mod this would be to remove the roboports and then you loose charge in the roboports making it basically useless.
How about remove the construction bots from the player inventory and replace them with a placeholder item when the the player roboport is switched off, and do the reverse when the roboport is switched on.
Possible. But what about bots currently outside the inventory? Or bots you pick up while the roboport is off? I think there is an event for inventory changes so it might be possible to catch those.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

mrvn wrote:But what about bots currently outside the inventory? Or bots you pick up while the roboport is off? I think there is an event for inventory changes so it might be possible to catch those.
Not sure what would happen to the players construction bots that are already flying when you disable the player's roboports, but I think it's likely that they would start heading to the nearest available roboport, in which case disabling the roboport with bots out is problematic. (You could always simply tell players "Don't do that", but at least with the placeholder method the problems aren't any worse than current vanilla if bots launch before you remember to turn your roboport off).

Even if the event isn't practical, you should be able to check the players inventory once per tick to catch any the player picks up. (Yes, I know a lua call every tick gets expensive, so the event would be preferable).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Zavian wrote:
mrvn wrote:But what about bots currently outside the inventory? Or bots you pick up while the roboport is off? I think there is an event for inventory changes so it might be possible to catch those.
Not sure what would happen to the players construction bots that are already flying when you disable the player's roboports, but I think it's likely that they would start heading to the nearest available roboport, in which case disabling the roboport with bots out is problematic. (You could always simply tell players "Don't do that", but at least with the placeholder method the problems aren't any worse than current vanilla if bots launch before you remember to turn your roboport off).

Even if the event isn't practical, you should be able to check the players inventory once per tick to catch any the player picks up. (Yes, I know a lua call every tick gets expensive, so the event would be preferable).
If you remove the roboport then yes, they head to the nearest logistic network and are lost to the player.

But the idea was to remove the bots, not the roboport. Any bots outside the inventory would remain functional and keep working. Only when they are idle and return to the inventory they would get replaced too. Unless there is some API to find all active bots of a player?

CarlosDiamanti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Disable-button/-feature for logistic requests from Botnet

Post by CarlosDiamanti »

please add a "disable" button for logistict requests.

upon respawn you will get all items in your request box - but normally you try to get your dead body back. So its useless and you have sometimes too much stuff in inventory to loot your body. :roll:

so here is the deal:
- add a checkbox under request slots to enable/disable
- upon disable all items are grayed out (and can still be edited/removed???)
- on respawn the checkbox will be auto-set active so you have to manually unlock requests

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Disable-button/-feature for logistic requests from Botnet

Post by GrumpyJoe »

altho i cant find it, im pretty sure this was suggested in the FFF280 forum thread

And yes, it would be awesome

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Acid_Burn9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Acid_Burn9 »

I have no idea why is that not in the 0.17 release. It should be so easy to do, and it is HUGE QoL improvement we all need.
Edit: all we need is this thing below logistic slots
Attachments
Button
Button
Снимок экрана (449).png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 4351 times

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

I need this one, especially now when the ui is all ready for those kind of switches.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”