Version 0.16.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.16.7

Post by aober93 »

I dont see it so drastic. Its just the same if you use seperate waggons really. There is no limitation to that

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Matthias_Wlkp »

Wasn't the 3-wagon split causing issues with fluids not being pumped out if you were using only one pump.

SQLek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SQLek »

mophydeen wrote:
BLuehasia wrote:I am glad that is removed the different fluids on the wagons XD

posting to counter all those that are upset. i haven't met a person that used them as different fluid types

if i needed a stop to have more than one fluid i made a different train stop per fluid type

and if 75k is too much of a fluid just use conditions on the pumps ...

note:
check by bp book for the acid loading unloading with conditions as an inspiration
When You have personal bots and good power armor sure. Without filters, one station for one liquid is better. But...
  • To make power armor You need oil products.
  • To unlock power armor and fusion You need oil products.
  • To unlock cracking You need oil products.
From before blue science to yellow science, this triple wagon was very handy.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

MrGrim wrote: But.. why are you glad? That's a weird thing to say, tbh. If you didn't use it, then nothing changes for you. It doesn't make using fluid wagons any easier for you. Why are you glad that other people that did had it removed?
Guess it is because of gloating. Some people just like to see others suffer. It is also the cause for the existance of griefers in multiplayer.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

SQLek wrote:
mophydeen wrote:

posting to counter all those that are upset. i haven't met a person that used them as different fluid types

if i needed a stop to have more than one fluid i made a different train stop per fluid type

note:
check by bp book for the acid loading unloading with conditions as an inspiration
When You have personal bots and good power armor sure. Without filters, one station for one liquid is better. But...
you could use pipes.

I always start with robots and a filled power armor mk2 (see SL-extended) so I might be missing some of you're problems.

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

To be honest, using tank wagon for uranium mining seems a bad idea anyway, filtering 2 slots for barrels only in uranium cargo wagon saves so much space, fuel and whatnot.

rldml
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by rldml »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
Oh no! Now I should fill all 75k with acid to travel it to uranium mines? Why? It was so cool to have just 25k storage...
Although i don't understand why the option was killed with 0.16.7 you can have 25k acid even now with the actual game mechanic. Just set the wait-condition in your trainschedule to wait just until there is 25k acid or more loaded into it instead of full load.

If there is a really hard need not to reimplement this feature, it would be much better to make three separated tanks per default instead of one big tank. It is no problem to set up 3 pumps to an existing train station instead of one rather than to extend all existing train stations in an existing game.

My hope is, the devs say some words on their own why this has to be removed.

Sorry for my really bad english.

Greetings

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

rldml wrote:If there is a really hard need not to reimplement this feature, it would be much better to make three separated tanks per default instead of one big tank. It is no problem to set up 3 pumps to an existing train station instead of one rather than to extend all existing train stations in an existing game.
This is honestly a fantastic compromise! Can we please have this instead, devs? You can still avoid the dedicated UI, and we can still choose how to use the wagons based on station pump layout!

udoeiblmaier
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by udoeiblmaier »

rldml wrote:
Wakaba-chan wrote:
Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
Oh no! Now I should fill all 75k with acid to travel it to uranium mines? Why? It was so cool to have just 25k storage...
Although i don't understand why the option was killed with 0.16.7 you can have 25k acid even now with the actual game mechanic. Just set the wait-condition in your trainschedule to wait just until there is 25k acid or more loaded into it instead of full load.

If there is a really hard need not to reimplement this feature, it would be much better to make three separated tanks per default instead of one big tank. It is no problem to set up 3 pumps to an existing train station instead of one rather than to extend all existing train stations in an existing game.

My hope is, the devs say some words on their own why this has to be removed.

Sorry for my really bad english.

Greetings
YOU KIND MY FACTORIES!

PUT IT BACK IN!

SQLek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SQLek »

mophydeen wrote:
SQLek wrote:
mophydeen wrote:

note:
you could use pipes.

I always start with robots and a filled power armor mk2 (see SL-extended) so I might be missing some of you're problems.
In current game play i can. 600 tiles to first oil by pipe kinda pain but i have mini lake in middle so doable. Also i don't use mods.

So lets say RIP to this wired triple wagon. I'm somewhat sad but if it'll help with debugging, then i'm not complaining.

Mango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mango »

Gergely wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: Changes
  • Removed the mechanics of 3 different fluid tanks in fluid wagon, and simplified it so the fluid wagon has just 1 fluid.
WHY THE HECK?!
I guess they'll tell us tomorow in fff.
Hm.... so we have a mystery donor... intriguing.

PhatzDomino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PhatzDomino »

Wakaba-chan wrote:
That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the change, plus now the graphic looks odd having 3 tanks for no reason.

Hamster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Hamster »

How about to have a smaller fluid tank?

icanfly342
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by icanfly342 »

Aww, I used the separate fluid wagons all the time.

horrorizer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by horrorizer »

my humble opinions to the fluid wagon problem is to keep both.
in other words create a new single tank wagon.

PhatzDomino
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PhatzDomino »

horrorizer wrote:my humble opinions to the fluid wagon problem is to keep both.
in other words create a new single tank wagon.
Another good idea :)

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The removal was not the gui problem itself. The fix wouldn't be that hard. But we opened the question whether the feature really adds enough to justify all the logic and gui around it, and we kind of discovered that the feature usefulness is too minor to justify the complications for the player.

Mango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mango »

kovarex wrote:The removal was not the gui problem itself. The fix wouldn't be that hard. But we opened the question whether the feature really adds enough to justify all the logic and gui around it, and we kind of discovered that the feature usefulness is too minor to justify the complications for the player.
Well, as they were writing in the topic spinba11 posted, it would be nice to have 3 tanks without gui.

It would fit existing graphics well and there is no easier thing to do than use 3 pipes to load/unload whole wagon.
I think most players do it anyway.
Hm.... so we have a mystery donor... intriguing.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

Mango wrote: Well, as they were writing in the topic spinba11 posted, it would be nice to have 3 tanks without gui.

It would fit existing graphics well and there is no easier thing to do than use 3 pipes to load/unload whole wagon.
I think most players do it anyway.
totally agree with you Mango. give us the three separate tanks, and disable the ability to connect them.

Return to “Releases”