Version 0.17.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
User avatar
FactorioBot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm
Contact:

Version 0.17.3

Post by FactorioBot » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 pm

Changes
  • Disabled target leading for flamethrower turrets until it can be made better. (65152)
  • Changed train pathfinding in a way, that it can find path that ends in the same segment where it started. This worked only for the trivial case of all path of one segment before.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed possible crash related to browsing in the mods gui.
  • Fixed that turning off exoskeletons didn't work correctly in multiplayer.
  • Fixed shaking of blueprint preview in blueprint book tooltip. (65594)
  • Fixed the wrong detection of changed autosave interval in other settings. (65626)
  • Fixed /help *command* would print a number instead of the help message. (65695)
  • Fixed a crash when dying with the locomotive GUI open. (65705)
  • Fixed a crash when using sprite variation sheets with mismatched frame counts. (65634)
  • Fixed that the admin-only portions of the whitelist command where not localised correctly. (65792)
  • Fixed building underground pipe between pipes with different fluids. (65607)
  • Fixed visual direction of fluid flow. (65486)
  • Fixed dead-dry-hairy-tree and dry-hairy sprite shifting in normal resolution. (65593)
  • Fixed PvP error when changing enabled mods. (65652)
  • Fixed number pad Enter key-bindings would be converted to normal Enter when restarting the game. (65568)
  • Fixed small worms having fluid consumption. (65870)
  • Fixed that copy-paste of fluid recipes would sometimes not reset fluid box contents. (65609)
  • Fixed that double-clicking a technology in the tree view wouldn't start research. (65335)
  • Fixed pipes that would sometimes be too noisy. (65670)
  • Fixed that you could build multiple underground belts on top of each-other. (65828)
  • Fixed tightspot level 5 was unbeatable. (65629)
  • Added workaround for GPU accelerated texture compression producing corrupted textures. (65336)
  • Fixed that the technology window scroll position would keep getting reset. (65160)
  • Fixed that the current research panel would not update in multiplayer if some other player changed the research. (65185)
  • Fixed terrain not being rendered when using OpenGL and any game overlay was enabled. (65096)
Modding
  • Added LoaderPrototype::structure_render_layer with default value "lower-object". (65627)
We're having problems with our automatic updater at the moment, so please use Steam, or download the full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

User avatar
SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by SuperSandro2000 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:25 pm

[Moderated by Koub]
Last edited by Koub on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No firsting on this forum please.

User avatar
Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Light » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:26 pm

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 pm
Changes
  • Disabled target leading for flamethrower turrets until it can be made better. (65152)
Watching flamethrowers destroy every defense around them was most certainly infuriating. I love my flamethrowers, but they loved the biters more than me.

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Ranakastrasz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Light wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:26 pm
Watching flamethrowers destroy every defense around them was most certainly infuriating. I love my flamethrowers, but they loved the biters more than me.
If a flamethrower loves you, does it protect you or set you on fire?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Linnun
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Linnun » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Just to let you know, the link to download the headless 17.3 for linux does not work :( (error 404)


edit: Nevermind, I was too fast. Working now :D
Last edited by Linnun on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by wahming » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm
Light wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:26 pm
Watching flamethrowers destroy every defense around them was most certainly infuriating. I love my flamethrowers, but they loved the biters more than me.
If a flamethrower loves you, does it protect you or set you on fire?
It keeps you warm and fuzzy

Edit: Am I correct in thinking there's a campaign coming as well, in addition to the NPE? Any idea when that will be?

User avatar
wheybags
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by wheybags » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:42 pm

wahming wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:31 pm
Am I correct in thinking there's a campaign coming as well, in addition to the NPE? Any idea when that will be?
Probably not until 1.0, unfortunately.

Schallfalke
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Schallfalke » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Not a bug report but suggestion.
The new logistics boxes are not so distinguishable with my eyes, especially between the green buffer chest and blue requester chest. It is especially bad with a yellowish logistic area overlay (when holding a logistics chest, trying to replace...)
I did NOT have such problem and feel very good with 0.16 chest colours.
I guess the problem comes from the requester chest. Can devs revert its colour back to the darker 0.16 one?
Chest colours.jpg
Request chests with buffer chests...
Chest colours.jpg (270.94 KiB) Viewed 11487 times

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by jmurrayufo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm

Changed train pathfinding in a way, that it can find path that ends in the same segment where it started. This worked only for the trivial case of all path of one segment before.
Could anyone offer an EILI5 on this?

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Ranakastrasz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Schallfalke wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm
Not a bug report but suggestion.
The new logistics boxes are not so distinguishable with my eyes, especially between the green buffer chest and blue requester chest. It is especially bad with a yellowish logistic area overlay (when holding a logistics chest, trying to replace...)
I did NOT have such problem and feel very good with 0.16 chest colours.
I guess the problem comes from the requester chest. Can devs revert its colour back to the darker 0.16 one?
I don't have the same problem, but i can't casually see the border between the two colors like I could before, so yea. this is a problem.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

User avatar
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by steinio » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm

jmurrayufo wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm
Changed train pathfinding in a way, that it can find path that ends in the same segment where it started. This worked only for the trivial case of all path of one segment before.
Could anyone offer an EILI5 on this?
If you build a rail circle with one station but no signals, the train will now allow itself to find a path to the station.
Before it blocked itself.
Image
Transport Belt Repair Man
My little mods: Link | My favourite mods: Bob's Mods | Angel's Mods | Yuoki Railway Core | EvoGUI | Logistic Train Network
Factorio Cheat Sheet by Denis Zholob

View unread Posts

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by jmurrayufo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:52 pm

steinio wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm
jmurrayufo wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 pm
Changed train pathfinding in a way, that it can find path that ends in the same segment where it started. This worked only for the trivial case of all path of one segment before.
Could anyone offer an EILI5 on this?
If you build a rail circle with one station but no signals, the train will now allow itself to find a path to the station.
Before it blocked itself.
Thanks! That makes a lot more sense. Never saw that situation come up, but always nice to see the path finder have less issues.

IlyasNL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by IlyasNL » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

hi!
I haven't played experimentals before. Where do I send bug reports?
And more importantly, how do file one?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... CB0E9AFB5/

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 8:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by wahming » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:02 pm

IlyasNL wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm
hi!
I haven't played experimentals before. Where do I send bug reports?
And more importantly, how do file one?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... CB0E9AFB5/
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Anson » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Schallfalke wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm
The new logistics boxes are not so distinguishable with my eyes, especially between the green buffer chest and blue requester chest.
I did NOT have such problem and feel very good with 0.16 chest colours.
Can devs revert its colour back to the darker 0.16 one?
same for me, mostly green/blue (now aqua vs cyan?) and red/purple (now pink vs lilac?) ...

I'm not colorblind, but "pastel colors" don't help to quickly see at a glance which chest has which function, maybe even less in a real factory with differing and/or no additional lights, at night, etc. the darker "strong colors" in 0.16 were very easy to recognize and tell apart. or is it simply that we are used too much to the old colors and have to get accustomed to the new ones? probably a bit of all of these effects ...

Schallfalke
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by Schallfalke » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 pm

I am working on updating my mods to new version.
But I found the default GUI style have changed. Notably, the button has gone unnecessarily elongated, which makes my 0.16 code looks bad.
How could I adjust the button width?
Attachments
ButtonWidth.jpg
0.16.51 vs 0.17.3
ButtonWidth.jpg (49.26 KiB) Viewed 8684 times

obidan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:00 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by obidan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:53 pm

The colors/design of the logistic chests aren´t clear as before.
I also think that the old colorcodes were better, just in my eyes...

User avatar
CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by CDarklock » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:00 am

Anson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm
I'm not colorblind, but "pastel colors" don't help to quickly see at a glance which chest has which function, maybe even less in a real factory with differing and/or no additional lights, at night, etc. the darker "strong colors" in 0.16 were very easy to recognize and tell apart. or is it simply that we are used too much to the old colors and have to get accustomed to the new ones? probably a bit of all of these effects ...
I agree on this and would also like to see more use of shape to distinguish chests.

Like a passive provider chest could have a circle, active provider a triangle point-up, requester a triangle point-down, buffer a diamond, storage a square.

kenmras
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:41 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by kenmras » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 am

CDarklock wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:00 am
Anson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm
I'm not colorblind, but "pastel colors" don't help to quickly see at a glance which chest has which function, maybe even less in a real factory with differing and/or no additional lights, at night, etc. the darker "strong colors" in 0.16 were very easy to recognize and tell apart. or is it simply that we are used too much to the old colors and have to get accustomed to the new ones? probably a bit of all of these effects ...
I agree on this and would also like to see more use of shape to distinguish chests.

Like a passive provider chest could have a circle, active provider a triangle point-up, requester a triangle point-down, buffer a diamond, storage a square.
I like the idea of shapes. you could change the boxes themselves or just have overlays with alt mode. like the arrows that show on refineries and such.

BTW. I love how active the community and the development is of this game not to mention how AWESOME a game it is. Thank you again for all your hard work!

TheKingOfFailure
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.3

Post by TheKingOfFailure » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:43 am

kenmras wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 am
CDarklock wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:00 am
Anson wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 pm
I'm not colorblind, but "pastel colors" don't help to quickly see at a glance which chest has which function, maybe even less in a real factory with differing and/or no additional lights, at night, etc. the darker "strong colors" in 0.16 were very easy to recognize and tell apart. or is it simply that we are used too much to the old colors and have to get accustomed to the new ones? probably a bit of all of these effects ...
I agree on this and would also like to see more use of shape to distinguish chests.

Like a passive provider chest could have a circle, active provider a triangle point-up, requester a triangle point-down, buffer a diamond, storage a square.
I like the idea of shapes. you could change the boxes themselves or just have overlays with alt mode. like the arrows that show on refineries and such.

BTW. I love how active the community and the development is of this game not to mention how AWESOME a game it is. Thank you again for all your hard work!
You could put the shapes on the front of the chests or make the top doors different... I prefer the latter! :D

... If anything higher contrast colors would be wonderful :)

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users