Version 0.14.4

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.4

Post by FactorioBot »

• Minor features
    • Included the ghost/god controller movement in the latency hiding.
  • Changes
    • Research notifications are only printed to players of the same force.
    • Removed the /team command, chat is team only by default, added /shout (/s) command to speak to everyone.
    • Tweaked the /help command, so it prints just the list of commands, and it is required to write /help <command> to get details
    • Don't allow to deconstruct tiles that have nothing under it.
  • Scripting
    • Added read/write of LuaPlayer::tag. This tag is added to the player username in chat and on map.
    • Added LuaEntityPrototype::logistic_mode read.
    • Added a 4th (optional) parameter to LuaGameScript::write_file to write only for a specific player (or the server).
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed crash when entities are migrated across types while in blueprints. (31984)
    • Fixed crash when setting filters in the map editor. (32082)
    • Additional desync fix related to selection of trains. (32102)
    • Fixed crash when canceling deconstruction of tiles of other force.
    • Fixed crash related to reconnecting to a game after 3 desyncs
    • Fixed crash when using quickbar shortcuts in ghost mode in multiplayer. (32144)
    • Fixed crash when changing player's controller in multiplayer while the player opens entity GUI with inventory. (32139)
    • Fixed crash when opening entities that only exist in the latency hiding. (32141)
    • Additional latency state fixes related to lag spikes and latency changes.
    • Fix of one way (hopefully the only one), the ghost player could appear.
    • Fixed freeze with specific modded recipes. (32048)
    • Fixed LuaForce::research_progress could return invalid values in specific cases. (32047)
    • Fixed error when manually calling LuaGameScript::raise_event(). (32039)
    • Added additional inventory defines: car_fuel, car_trunk, car_ammo, and cargo_wagon. (32100)
    • Fixed that the server commands didn't work when there was noone online and the autostop was on (again) (32112)
    • Fixed that LuaUnitGroup::set_command wouldn't update the command of its members.
    • Fixed that mod GUIs would get left behind if the mod was disabled due to an invalid factorio_version. (32196)
    • Fxied that the Lua console would ignore first pressed key if the "toggle console" control was bound to a mouse button. (32093)
    • Fixed wrong fonts used for languages using non-latin characters. (32061)
    • Fixed crash on blueprint placement with rail signals with connected wires. (32002)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

XenoCyber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.4

Post by XenoCyber »

Yay Awesome Job on the Production Challenge!!!! and team chat by default even better!!!

Chocolatetthunder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chocolatetthunder »

viewtopic.php?t=32102
"Also, we added additional info to crc, so it desyncs more reliable when something else is selected, which might feel like it "desyncs even more", but it is better for us, so we can find the problems faster." - Kovarex
this is a good thing to make aware
3Ra Gaming Owner
join us on discord @ http://www.3RaGaming.com/discord

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

Another fantastic update! The modding API just keeps getting better and better!!! :D
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Jayz536
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jayz536 »

Headless server crashes after connecting to it?

Code: Select all

0.000 2016-09-06 10:54:06; Factorio 0.14.4 (build 24514, linux64, headless)
   0.108 Operating system: Linux (Debian 8.5)
   0.108 Not rotating logs.
   0.108 Program arguments: "factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--start-server" "factorio/_autosave3.zip" "--server-settings" "factorio/data/server-settings.json" "--autosave-interval" "10" 
   0.108 Read data path: /opt/factorio/data
   0.108 Write data path: /opt/factorio
   0.108 Binaries path: /opt/factorio/bin
   0.133 Running in headless mode
   0.139 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.149 Loading mod base 0.14.4 (data.lua)
   0.313 Checksum for core: 1620335853
   0.313 Checksum for mod base: 574141439
   0.785 Info PlayerData.cpp:47: Local player-data.json unavailable
   0.785 Info PlayerData.cpp:52: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
   0.786 Custom inputs active: 0
   0.787 Factorio initialised
   0.789 Info ServerSynchronizer.cpp:27: nextHeartbeatSequenceNumber(0) initialized Synchronizer nextTickClosureTick(0).
   0.789 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: mapTick(-1) changing state from(Ready) to(PreparedToHostGame)
   0.789 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: mapTick(-1) changing state from(PreparedToHostGame) to(CreatingGame)
   0.789 Loading map /opt/factorio/_autosave3.zip
   0.820 Info Scenario.cpp:148: Map version 0.14.3-0
   2.688 Checksum for script /opt/factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 900459546
   2.723 Info PosixUDPSocket.cpp:50: Opening socket at port 34197
   2.724 Hosting game at port 34197
   2.724 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: mapTick(1260001) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InGame)
   8.418 ConnectionRequestReplyConfirm (type(ConnectionRequestReplyConfirm) ) from(XXX:59181)
   8.418 Info ServerRouter.cpp:418: Replying to connectionRequest for address(XXX:59181).
   8.420 Info ServerSynchronizer.cpp:504: nextHeartbeatSequenceNumber(0) adding peer(1)
   8.427 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:625: mapTick(1260001) changing state from(InGame) to(InGameSavingMap)
   8.489 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:701: mapTick(1260001) received stateChanged peerID(1) oldState(Ready) newState(ConnectedWaitingForMap)
Killed
Edit I tried to have a 14.4 map and still the same issue

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=32252
What have you done to me!!! :cry:

I'll just go fix my mod to work with the changes :roll:

If the error is a result of an added feature, fair enough, keep up the good work.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

So many bugs fixed! Thanks a lot. :D
Jayz536 wrote:Headless server crashes after connecting to it?
Please submit bug report here, especially if the bug can be reproduced. ;)
bobingabout wrote:viewtopic.php?f=51&t=32252
What have you done to me!!! :cry:
Yes, I encountered this problem from your mod too. I think they have forgotten to add this in the changelog. :roll:

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I see my yesterday's bugreport about fluids with altered temperatures being ignored in recipes was moved to "resolved" but I can't see it in the changelog here. Was it simply a minor change that wasn't worth mentioning? I sure hope it didn't disappear somewhere :)

I haven't updated yet to test if it was fixed. I'm also not sure if I even can test it easily as the mod author that altered the temperature of fluids changed some stuff on their side as well.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

hoho wrote:I see my yesterday's bugreport about fluids with altered temperatures being ignored in recipes was moved to "resolved" but I can't see it in the changelog here. Was it simply a minor change that wasn't worth mentioning? I sure hope it didn't disappear somewhere :)

I haven't updated yet to test if it was fixed. I'm also not sure if I even can test it easily as the mod author that altered the temperature of fluids changed some stuff on their side as well.
I tested for you.
In 0.14.3, both Nitrogen and Oxygen could not enter the chemical plant if I changed their temperature with boiler.
In 0.14.4, they could enter the chemical plant.
The weird part is that the bug only happened on modded fluids. Water and petroleum gas don't have such issue during the test in 0.14.3.
Anyway, the bug has been fixed. ;)

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

Can we get an alias for shout that's /all ?

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Awesome job by the devs here :)

Multiplayer is so much more stable :)

I can get in a train now without wondering whether I'm gonna desync :)
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

ChurchOrganist wrote:...I can get in a train now without wondering whether I'm gonna desync :)
this happens to me all the time in summer in german trains, oh wait... you talk about factorio, right!? :lol:

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

fishycat wrote: this happens to me all the time in summer in german trains, oh wait... you talk about factorio, right!? :lol:
You leave your body if you enter a train here in germany? You should go to a doctor...thats not normal ;)

Update runs smoothly so far great work thanks ;D

Masterfox
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Masterfox »

illmaren wrote:
fishycat wrote: this happens to me all the time in summer in german trains, oh wait... you talk about factorio, right!? :lol:
You leave your body if you enter a train here in germany? You should go to a doctor...thats not normal ;)

It is totally normal, you just melt out of it ;)

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Masterfox wrote:
illmaren wrote:

It is totally normal, you just melt out of it ;)

I have a smiley suggestion: maybe a sign with "joke" on it, could be helpful sometimes... :roll:

and yes, it was a bad melting joke :mrgreen:

Return to “Releases”