Version 1.1.35

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.35

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed multiple issues related to placing blueprints with electric poles near other electric poles or ghost thereof. (97398)
  • Fixed a lighting issue with QCK Prism mousepads. (98393)
  • Fixed recipe notifications when a recipe is hidden from hand crafting. (98328)
  • Fixed that units dying wouldn't contain the unit group they were part of. (98142)
  • Fixed a crash when migrating entities across types in some cases. (97882)
  • Fixed several crashes when writing to disk fails. (98386)
  • Fixed that searching descriptions of some items didn't work correctly. (98378)
  • Fixed that fast-replacing gates would remove wall control behaviors. (98369)
  • Fixed desync related to manually fast replacing both ends of underground belt in a way, that they don't connect in the end.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to edit the whitelist on a server while autosave happens. (98447)
  • Fixed counting tiles when part of search area hits non existing chunks. (98684)
  • Fixed that gate technology had no description. (98683)
  • Fixed loaders would leave a gap on belt when items started moving. (98703)
  • Fixed nuke did not vaporize things in the epicenter of the blast and would leave corpses and remnants behind.
  • Fixed a crash when using items with inventories that contain construction robots. (98706)
  • Fixed a crash when making a new game from a scenario with the map editor in a vehicle. (98682)
  • Fixed not being able to leave large cars with certain shape. (98729)
  • Fixed that using large values in the map editor "tick custom" field didn't work correctly. (98798)
  • Fixed that radar coverage preview wasn't visible when the mouse was above invisible parts of the GUI. (97500)
  • Fixed Terrain water checkbox in map generation settings didn't have the tooltip info icon. (97953)
  • Fixed that the mining drill GUI couldn't be moved off screen. (98113)
  • Fixed science pack requirement objective in supply challenge. (98267)
  • Fixed that tooltips of slots in the statistics GUIs didn't account for force bonuses. (97931)
  • Fixed that upgrading underground belts marked for upgrade didn't properly upgrade the (potentially) connected belts on the other side. (98849)
  • Fixed LuaEntityPrototype::module_inventory_size would return nil when entity has 65535 slots for modules. (98867)
Scripting
  • Added a machine-readable JSON format of the runtime documentation, which can be used by developer tools to provide code completion and related functionality.
  • Added vertical_alignment parameter for LuaRendering::draw_text.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

zanven
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.35

Post by zanven »

Added a machine-readable JSON format of the runtime documentation, which can be used by developer tools to provide code completion and related functionality.
is this json schema and where can I find it so I can use it as a linter!

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

VScode mod debugger 1.1.10 has a converter to translate the json to EmmyLua for sumneko (and one for TypeScriptToLua is coming soon)

https://github.com/justarandomgeek/vsco ... rkspace.md

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

zanven wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm
Added a machine-readable JSON format of the runtime documentation, which can be used by developer tools to provide code completion and related functionality.
Information about it can be found here, and support for code completion is built into the newest version of the Factorio debugger.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Therenas wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Information about it can be found here, and support for code completion is built into the newest version of the Factorio debugger.
Well, not quite built-in, it needs some help from the Lua extension too, but they play nice :)

zanven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zanven »

justarandomgeek wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:58 pm
Well, not quite built-in, it needs some help from the Lua extension too, but they play nice :)

should consider that json support for https://json-schema.org/ format
example schema's can be seen: https://www.schemastore.org/json/

i use it all the time as i code from neovim. would mean the format provided is in a more generally consumable format with heaps of editors with support out of the box.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pm

i use it all the time as i code from neovim. would mean the format provided is in a more generally consumable format with heaps of editors with support out of the box.
Well, it's not for validating JSON content, it's just a JSON file describing the Lua API. I did suggest making the meta-doc a json schema though and i think it may be in consideration for possible future iterations.

Edit: that said, i *do* have schemas for various json files encountered in modding, but chose not to publish them generically because the required file match patterns are too overly broad. I instead include them in the debugger extension to apply only in relevant workspaces. If you have
suggestions about how i would publish these to schemastore without a stupid number of false-matches though, i'm open to ideas. https://github.com/justarandomgeek/vsco ... ter/schema
Last edited by justarandomgeek on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zanven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zanven »

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Well, it's not for validating JSON content, it's just a JSON file describing the Lua API. I did suggest making the meta-doc a json schema though and i think it may be in consideration for possible future iterations.
yes sorry, i was suggesting using a json schema to describe the Lua API as most text editors can use that schema to provide linting and avoids all clients needing to make dedicated plugins / extensions to support it. would mean that you only need to publish and maintain the schema and not the client addon(s) to get the support. For example vscode already has it built in and so managing the vscode implementation won't be needed. Thanks for considering it!!

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:19 pm

yes sorry, i was suggesting using a json schema to describe the Lua API as most text editors can use that schema to provide linting and avoids all clients needing to make dedicated plugins / extensions to support it. would mean that you only need to publish and maintain the schema and not the client addon(s) to get the support. For example vscode already has it built in and so managing the vscode implementation won't be needed. Thanks for considering it!!
I've never seen any editor use json schema for linting anything but *json files*. You still need all the extra stuff for other languages.

zanven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zanven »

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 pm
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:19 pm

I've never seen any editor use json schema for linting anything but *json files*. You still need all the extra stuff for other languages.
yes but we are talking about an API and making it easier to consume and not providing full on lua debugging.
I use schema's primarily for autocompletion in kubernetes yaml files or for my cloudformation for AWS so i don't have to memorise the file format or have the doco open in another monitor to figure things out i just let the suggestion box and tab completion do the heavy lifting and just ensure i do no logic mistakes.
having it purely for the auto complete suggestions with documentation would be the biggest win to productivity and learning of the API.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm

yes but we are talking about an API and making it easier to consume and not providing full on lua debugging.
I use schema's primarily for autocompletion in kubernetes yaml files or for my cloudformation for AWS so i don't have to memorise the file format or have the doco open in another monitor to figure things out i just let the suggestion box and tab completion do the heavy lifting and just ensure i do no logic mistakes.
having it purely for the auto complete suggestions with documentation would be the biggest win to productivity and learning of the API.
Yeah, you can't do that stuff with just a schema in anything beyond "data" languages like json and yaml and such, you need a Language Server to go with it that understands the language, and that Language Server will determine the format needed for describing the environment. And since Language Server Protocol hasn't standardized any kind of cross-language format for that type/env info yet (i think they're working on it), you get a ton of ad-hoc formats.

zanven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zanven »

Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:56 pm
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Yeah, you can't do that stuff with just a schema in anything beyond "data" languages like json and yaml and such, you need a Language Server to go with it that understands the language, and that Language Server will determine the format needed for describing the environment. And since Language Server Protocol hasn't standardized any kind of cross-language format for that type/env info yet (i think they're working on it), you get a ton of ad-hoc formats.
yeah i suppose thats accurate and wouldn't work in the full scope of complexity to even be a useful aid because writing the rules around generic lua would be impossible which sucks ( i just had the dream of some kind of tab aid). I had a look at writing a LSP for arma scripting and was annoyed at it so i know your pain looking into writing LSP servers. Yeah it is pretty free going ad hoc implementions to meet the spec, was comparing a few different ones to try and quickly learn how to write one and felt like the wild west since every language is different and to do a factorio LSP essentially means writing a Lua LSP.

It is 4:20am i should sleep.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Is it available in-game as well? I need it in my mod.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm
Scripting
  • Added vertical_alignment parameter for LuaRendering::draw_text.
Did not expect same-day-delivery.
Boskid += 1!
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to β€œReleases”