[Rseding91] [1.1.0] Map settings revert to default after closing and relaunching game

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
F_W
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.0] Map settings revert to default after closing and relaunching game

Post by F_W »

Took a break and only came back to the game for the 1.1 release so this may have happened earlier (one person in my reddit thread said this was also happening in 1.0)

1. Open the map view and enable pollution, electric networks, etc to be shown
2. Close and relaunch the game
3. Map view settings are reset to default and doesn't show pollution, etc as per previous settings

Not sure if this was intentional, but it is quite annoying having to re-enable everything every time I load my save so I'm hoping it's an unintentional bug

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Map settings revert to default after closing and relaunching game

Post by valneq »

I am pretty sure this is intentional. If you don't close the game though it remembers the previous settings.

F_W
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by F_W »

valneq wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:38 am
I am pretty sure this is intentional.
If so, then that's pretty disappointing. If we click on something to have it show up in map view, you would think that it's important enough that we'd want to keep seeing it every time we play and not have to re-enable it every time we launch the game

While it's only mildly annoying, I don't see how it would be any different from having to re-do your entire quickbar or re-bind your keys every time you loaded the game up. Not sure what the rationale behind this intentional change would be, if it was indeed intentional

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Map view settings are stored in the "[map-view]" section of config.ini. Thus they do not "reset", they are merely global and not per-savegame, same as for example shortcuts are. Unless maybe you're using steam-sync or similar and it's overwriting your config when you restart?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Oh I am sorry, this is about map view settings. For some reason I thought I saw map generation settings.
Map view settings should be remembered across restarts of the game.

F_W
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by F_W »

eradicator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Map view settings are stored in the "[map-view]" section of config.ini. Thus they do not "reset", they are merely global and not per-savegame, same as for example shortcuts are. Unless maybe you're using steam-sync or similar and it's overwriting your config when you restart?
After reading your comment I tried editing the config file manually and it was still reverting to default view settings and not saving my settings. I checked if the file was read-only or something (it wasn't)

So I tried a bunch of random actions like starting/loading a bunch of new games/scenarios, and toggling a bunch of different interface options and other settings, etc... and now it seems to save the map view settings properly for some reason. Strange, and interesting.

At any rate, I have no clue what caused/fixed it, but I suppose this can be removed since it was probably just me

Durr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Durr »

I'm having issues with this as well. I'm going to try deleting my steam cloud storage when I get home and see if that fixes it.
Tired of manually backing up your saves? Check this out! -> Factorio Backup

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.0] Map settings revert to default after closing and relaunching game

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Durr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.0] Map settings revert to default after closing and relaunching game

Post by Durr »

Thank you! You guys are awesome.
Tired of manually backing up your saves? Check this out! -> Factorio Backup

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”