UPS Wars 1 - Copper plates
UPS Wars 2 - Steel plates
The concept is simple. Download the map, make a factory that builds and delivers 100k electronic circuits per minute, and do it using as little UPS as possible.
Ore patches are 50x50 in size. If your mining operation does not fit on one patch, you can travel east to find more. Note that longer transport lines may hurt your UPS.
- Build a factory that produces (and delivers to infinity chests) 100k electronic circuits per minute.
- All assembling machines must be built east of the desert line (X > -90).
- All infinity chests must be built west of the desert line (X < -100).
- You may use electric energy interface to produce power, and infinity chests to produce train fuel. No loaders or other cheat buildings.
- You may use the map editor and helper mods to help build your factory. But UPS will be tested with all mods disabled.
- No editing the map or technology levels. You have Mining productivity 44 and Worker robot speed 15 (one million science cost each).
Your score will be the time it takes to run this command on my headless server:
Code: Select all
factorio --benchmark "savename.zip" --benchmark-ticks 100000
Before submitting, please run your factory for an hour of game time, and verify it produces 6 million electronic circuits per hour in the production graph. To do this fast use the command: /c game.speed = 100
Attach your saved game in a reply to this thread.
In your reply, please describe anything that makes your factory special. Does it only use belts, or bots, or trains? Is it compact, or power-efficient, or cheap to build? There are many things to optimize for, and I would like to highlight more categories than just "fastest overall".
The overall winner is a collaboration between Stevetrov and DaveMcW, with a benchmark of only 39497 ms! (Winning entry)
Trains only category
39497 ms - Stevetrov & DaveMcW
40822 ms - Stevetrov
Belts only category
50828 ms - Stevetrov
51754 ms - AssemblyStorm (Shyn)
Off patch smelting category
66223 ms - Stevetrov
70821 ms - flame_Sla