I'm on my second mega-build (only counting successful builds), doubling my last build, and now aiming for 4800 sppm, this time with robots everywhere (belt based last time).
Now, on some level I'm vanilla Factorio, but see that I use a lot of utility and helper mods - and was wondering what other players use and why...
Here is my list as of 0.17.21 (yeah.. 17.24 is out, but have not logged out of the game yet ) :
- AfraidOfTheDark - Just more light at night - because I don't like the dark...
- Big_Brother - Just more effective radars.. got tired of placing them everywhere to see.
- Bottleneck - This I just from day one. Need to see status on all things. Very helpful to find problem in production
- FNEI - Think KoS used it in her new megacity video. Very nice to check what is used where
- Logistic Train Network - First time with LTN, but so far I really like it. MegaBase not up and running yet so we will see...
- LTN Tracker - Shows info about Logistic Train Network in a very nice GUI. A must with LTN!
- MaxRateCalculator - This is a must for all who want's to build a balanced base. Very good now that things have changed and I need to verify all blueprints
- Nanobots - OK - I admit it - I use em! Lot's of Termite bot use in the start, but still use the nanobots on big builds to help my robots
- Noxys_Waterfill - Jupp, megacheat. But when I build big I just can't be bothered piping water from miles away. Done by train in 0.16 and that sucks
- PowerArmorMK3 - Who doesn't want bigger, better and badder armor with more inventory space? I certainly do!
- SqueakThrough - First try in 0.17 and I'm now so slim that I can walk between solar panels and pass through pipes! Does have a tree issue I don't like
- WaterWell - Alternative to Waterfill. Same as Landfill, but makes water. Like this a lot!
- Zoom - First time use and I LOVE IT! Finally I can zoom out far enough to place my blueprint AND see where it goes. Also very nice with far-reach
- beautiful_bridge_railway - Railway over water... Yes - why not? Makes sense and I finally can use some wood. Got millions and millions of trees
- far-reach - Your active click-range is greatly increased to as far as you can see (not true with Zoom as you can see very, very far)
That's it so far for my 0.17 build. I will try more when 0.17 is final and stable and mods are caught up and also stable.
I have not tried the really big once like Bob's or Angels, but will sometime in the future when my 0.17 base is up and stable.
Appreciate comments on mods and ideas for helpful mods.