TL;DRRoboport acting like a provider/requester chest
What ?Have the same option as a provider/requester chest for tools and bots of each type and have the information output like a chest of what is in it in addition of those already available for total/available in the logistic area. The player action and logistical needs are made before the roboport request.
Why ?In game :
- Deal with where bot are in a logistic area, how many (better gestion of population/repartition)
- allow a good distribution of repair tool via logistic chest or directly via the roboport
- Possibility to evacuate all bot from 1 roboport in a logistic area (for mining field, out post etc)
- Definitly more tools for the player (logic output)
- (it's my point of view) I don't think it change the deep core of the game, the player can play with it or not like circuitry. It's just about adding the same feature as a buffer chest to a bot container,, fill an empty space where there is not supposed to be, sounds logic to me (easy to code i guess). The chain of logistic is complete with that idea, no more impression to deal with a puzzle with missing pieces.
Actual issues (for my pov):
- Bot have to make a task to make a travel, so for one direction supply, we are block for the come back without a task (so i make stupid logistic request in front of my chest to deal with my bots)
- bot have unexpected behaviour with chest requesting repair kit near from it (not ups efficient at all and energy drain in game)
I try to have a full vanilla experience,i feels like hurting a wall for some reason when i try to organize some little things :
"I recently learned that the roboport act as provider, but there is like a gap in the logic for me.With all the actual system, if the Roboport act as provider, so it's like a chest? why i cant have the info, or the option like the logistic chest available? i mean like available bots in a specific roboports and the tools in it and also have like a request for bot parking, like the requesting line on the blue chest? I try to figure it out all that things work, but some path in the "logic flow chart" are like missing for me"
was my post in help for gameplay trying to find out what i was missing. To my point of view, the game need those options to be more intuitive in terms of a gestion of logistic area. And i hope it's easy to add the feature
related post :
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=67659 (where i try to deal with logistic area problem n1)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68013 (where i try to deal with logistic area problem n2, so it's not a bug, but incomplete feature for me)
If you want to let your opinion about that, be my guest.
Edit : i change a bit the subject of the post because of my game experience, and a wrong bug report who have allow me to see clearly what is going on and what i need to have a good factorio experience, and i dont want to make many post for the finally the same idea, i go deeper in the idea here.
ps: sorry for my english, i hope i was clear, ty to the staff for this awesome game