Missing Recipe Errors

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Post Reply
User avatar
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am
Contact:

Missing Recipe Errors

Post by Proxy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:23 am

I wanted to Remove the Rocket Silo and all Items/Recipes/Technology that it Brings. (don't ask why)
I deleted the Entities, the Items, the Research and the Recipes.
Problem is, whenever i try to Run the game, it says "Error in assignID, recipe with name 'low-density-structure' does not exist."
which is really Confusing, becasue the Only thing i know that Requests Recipes, is Research, but i Deleted the Rocket-Silo Research, and i can't find anything called "low-density-structure" ANYWHERE in any file...
is it hard-Coded?
Let's just wait til the Age of Iron Stars

User avatar
prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by prg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:27 am

Proxy wrote:i can't find anything called "low-density-structure" ANYWHERE in any file...
is it hard-Coded?

Code: Select all

data/base/prototypes $ grep -n low-density-structure -r .
./item/item.lua:781:    name = "low-density-structure",
./item/module.lua:116:        "low-density-structure",
./technology/technology.lua:1223:        recipe = "low-density-structure"
./recipe/recipe.lua:983:    name = "low-density-structure",
./recipe/recipe.lua:993:    result= "low-density-structure"
./recipe/recipe.lua:1029:      {"low-density-structure", 10},
./recipe/recipe.lua:1043:      {"low-density-structure", 100},
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

User avatar
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by Proxy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 pm

prg wrote:
Proxy wrote:i can't find anything called "low-density-structure" ANYWHERE in any file...
is it hard-Coded?

Code: Select all

data/base/prototypes $ grep -n low-density-structure -r .
./item/item.lua:781:    name = "low-density-structure",
./item/module.lua:116:        "low-density-structure",
./technology/technology.lua:1223:        recipe = "low-density-structure"
./recipe/recipe.lua:983:    name = "low-density-structure",
./recipe/recipe.lua:993:    result= "low-density-structure"
./recipe/recipe.lua:1029:      {"low-density-structure", 10},
./recipe/recipe.lua:1043:      {"low-density-structure", 100},
I already Removed it from all of those Files.
but it is Still Erroring, it wants to find the "Rocket-Silo" Research...
for some reason.
Let's just wait til the Age of Iron Stars

User avatar
DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by DaveMcW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Download Notepad++, it has great text search capability.

User avatar
prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by prg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Proxy wrote:I already Removed it from all of those Files.
You modified the base game files?
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

User avatar
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by Proxy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm

DaveMcW wrote:Download Notepad++, it has great text search capability.
Well, i use Notepad++ for around 3 Years now.
prg wrote:
Proxy wrote:I already Removed it from all of those Files.
You modified the base game files?
Yes.
Let's just wait til the Age of Iron Stars

User avatar
prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 947
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by prg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Proxy wrote:
prg wrote:
Proxy wrote:I already Removed it from all of those Files.
You modified the base game files?
Yes.
Don't. This will only cause sadness when updating the game or trying to play with other people. Make a mod and set stuff to nil that you don't want to see in the game anymore.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

mpratt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:28 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by mpratt » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:09 am

I've found a safer way to disable recipes and techs is simply disabling them, rather than deleting them. If you're worried about someone using research_all_techs, which does indeed unlock disabled techs too, you can also modify the disabled techs to have no effects.

User avatar
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: Missing Recipe Errors

Post by Proxy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:08 pm

prg wrote:
Proxy wrote:
prg wrote:
Proxy wrote:I already Removed it from all of those Files.
You modified the base game files?
Yes.
Don't. This will only cause sadness when updating the game or trying to play with other people. Make a mod and set stuff to nil that you don't want to see in the game anymore.
I am not Stupid :D
I didn't modded my Steam Version of Factorio, but a External one i Downloaded.
the Only time i Modded the Steam one Directly was for the Achivements.
Let's just wait til the Age of Iron Stars

Post Reply

Return to “Modding help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Reika, silenceko