[SOLVED] Multiple stations with same name

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Fumelfo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[SOLVED] Multiple stations with same name

Post by Fumelfo »

Hi ! I've encountered a problem trying to build a rail network able to load ores only from full chest (later on, from the most loaded chest with more signals and combinators).

My logic is : "If the outpost is not full, close the rail". So, only the full outposts will have accessible paths. (And later, only the one with most ore). Each outpost will have the same station name (Here, the two on the bottom are named "LOADED"). So, technically, the train can go to both, right ?

Here is my problem : the train absolutely wants to go to either (here, it's the left one), even if the sign is red. It's sad because he could have chosen the other direction, which was green, and get to the station LOADED without problem and get the ores.

(Note that the red circuit in the bottom is not used, only the green ones between the chests and the rails, and are 2 different circuits).

How can I make my train go to the right outpost ? Put another rail signal ? Modify my signal in circuits ? Or something totally different maybe ?

EDIT 1 : I added loops at each ends and removed one locomotive. Didn't change anything (nothing to do with having to go "backwards")
EDIT 2 : I just tried in manual mode some cases. Apparently, went left alone in front of an "Y" it goes to its right. Which is what is happening to me. But why would it do that if the road is closed. Investigating.
Last edited by Fumelfo on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiple stations with same name

Post by Optera »

Use chain signals or simulated chain signals and it'll work.

Fumelfo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fumelfo »

Thank you for your answer ! But I don't understand where to put it. I tried right before the intersection, and now my train stops there instead of going to either station. Currently its locked indefinitely because only one rail is green at a time xD.
And by simulated chain signal, you mean linked regular rail signals and use conditions to cop ?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Easier to take some screens than finding the old thread.

Both stops have the same name and are initially blocked. The train waits in front of the crossing so it can take the next free stop.
both paths blocked
both paths blocked
2017-01-31-16-02-19-5278146.jpg (464.38 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
Path recalculation is done only every few seconds. More on that later.
repathing happens only every few seconds
repathing happens only every few seconds
2017-01-31-16-02-55-4958719.jpg (457.61 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
After recaculating train goes to the free stop.
changed to new path
changed to new path
2017-01-31-16-02-57-4149816.jpg (457.76 KiB) Viewed 4483 times
You can force trains to instantly recalculate paths with circuit controlled path signals simulating chain signals. When trains come to a circuit controlled signal paths are always recalculated.
simulated chain signal
simulated chain signal
2017-01-31-16-09-21-1199283.jpg (415.1 KiB) Viewed 4483 times

Fumelfo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fumelfo »

Oh, yeah. But that only works when a train is already on the track. It will never recalculate its direction if the station is empty but path is blocked :s

I kind of found a way around it, using your advices :

I use signals not turn the rail signal red when it's not the best route, but to put a train right in the station when it's that case. Works pretty decently, and even for station with same name hundreds of tile away. It call them lock trains.

Return to “Gameplay Help”