I am looking for a way/mod to allow loading buildings with an item cap to their maximum.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
capnflummox
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I am looking for a way/mod to allow loading buildings with an item cap to their maximum.

Post by capnflummox »

For example: more than 10 ammo loaded into a turret. Or, more than 2 science packs loaded into a lab.

My question is: is the amount loaded determined by the lab/turret, or the inserter?

Can this be accomplished in vanilla with circuits or something else I am missing? Or would I need to find (it doesn't exist) or create a mod that changes this.

Yes, I know loading more packs into labs does not impact research speed or throughput. Yes, I know that I can use a buffer chest.

Those are not what I want. What I want is to load as many science packs (or ammo) into a lab as possible. You can manually add 200+ packs to a lab. Now I want a way to do it automatically.

There is no gameplay reason that I want this. I just *want it*. I *desire* to fully load my buildings because that is how I want to play.

Thank you in advance. Yes, I searched the forums, wiki, reddit, etc.

EDIT: the comical irony that I am given the "Manual Inserter" level on the forums because of my new account. I am here and in game a Manual Inserter because I keep having to manually insert maximum science packs, fuel, and ammo.

Brathahn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: I am looking for a way/mod to allow loading buildings with an item cap to their maximum.

Post by Brathahn »

you can use the vanilla loader (obtainable with the console or mods) to fill buildings up to the stack size

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”