Deep mining

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bolok
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Deep mining

Post by bolok »

This is my response to introduction of new resources like uranium for nuclear plant, if it ever happens.

You build underground sonar (evolution of radar), this allows you to activate new ground overlay (toggle button) that shows new resources as symbols or colors (new tier of resources independent of those on surface), you build new deep mine that works the same as electric mining drill but take resources from different ground level.

bonus: Megabitter challange
If there ever will be nuclear plant, i want a boss, when you build nuclear reactor, you have a chance of spawning megabitter every few days, it diggs up from underground in certain distance from reactor, walks slowly and its very strong, this have two outcomes:
a. it dies and leaves bunch of alien artifacts,
b. destroys reactor, blowing up big area around it, and returns home (so it wouldnt destroy your entire base).
This challange would prevent players from going straight for nuclear plant, you would need quite a defence, like "Advanced Towers".

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Deep mining

Post by DaveMcW »

I don't think there will ever be an underground layer. The developers prefer everything to be visible. This is also why underground belts are so short.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See the development proposals for hidden ores: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... p?f=9&t=10
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”