Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
MeteorSwarm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 10:49 pm
Contact:

Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI

Post by MeteorSwarm »

09-21-2026, 12-48-50.png
09-21-2026, 12-48-50.png (74.03 KiB) Viewed 306 times
I have recently added a new button to Maraxsis' remote view that enables quickly switching between the surface and trench. I have received feedback suggesting that I should move the button to be below the surface list. I agree with this suggestion, but there is no way to place GUI elements below the surface list. Placing this button element in gui.left results in the button appearing in the same position as it does if I place it in gui.top. I would like an option to place GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI. In this case, this button should be below the GUI.
gui-element-below-surface-list.png
gui-element-below-surface-list.png (61.15 KiB) Viewed 306 times
User avatar
protocol_1903
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI

Post by protocol_1903 »

+1, this would be nice for "alt surfaces" and different universe viewers
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903

Buy me a coffee
sarge945
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI

Post by sarge945 »

While you're there, being able to resize it would be good too. It's too limited with the number of items it can have, especially in 2.1
User avatar
protocol_1903
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI

Post by protocol_1903 »

sarge945 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:14 am While you're there, being able to resize it would be good too. It's too limited with the number of items it can have, especially in 2.1
Please put separate feature requests in separate forum posts, otherwise it's likely to get lost.
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903

Buy me a coffee
Post Reply

Return to “Modding interface requests”