I have recently added a new button to Maraxsis' remote view that enables quickly switching between the surface and trench. I have received feedback suggesting that I should move the button to be below the surface list. I agree with this suggestion, but there is no way to place GUI elements below the surface list. Placing this button element in gui.left results in the button appearing in the same position as it does if I place it in gui.top. I would like an option to place GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI. In this case, this button should be below the GUI.
Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI
-
MeteorSwarm
- Long Handed Inserter

- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2025 10:49 pm
- Contact:
- FluidNatalie
- Inserter

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2025 7:52 pm
- Contact:
- protocol_1903
- Filter Inserter

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI
+1, this would be nice for "alt surfaces" and different universe viewers
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI
While you're there, being able to resize it would be good too. It's too limited with the number of items it can have, especially in 2.1
- protocol_1903
- Filter Inserter

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI
Please put separate feature requests in separate forum posts, otherwise it's likely to get lost.sarge945 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:14 am While you're there, being able to resize it would be good too. It's too limited with the number of items it can have, especially in 2.1
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903
Buy me a coffee
