rotation/variations for selection box

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
User avatar
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm
Contact:

rotation/variations for selection box

Post by y.petremann »

I'm making an elevated entity that is above ground and have 4 directions, I want to do things like elevated rails but with a "simple-entity-with-force"

Problem:

selection box rotate are only defined once and rotate with the entity

Code: Select all

selection_box = { { -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 } }
image.png
image.png (220.84 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Possible solutions:
  • Allow variation to selection_box:

    Code: Select all

    selection_box = { 
      north={{ -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 }},
      east={{ -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 }},
      west={{ -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 }},
      south={{ -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 }},
    }
  • Locking selection box to north:
    rotate_shift :: boolean optional
    Default: true
    Whether to rotate the selection_box alongside entity's rotation.

    Code: Select all

    rotate_selection_box = false
  • Allow the use of selection_box_shift for any entity with variation/rotation like with RailSignals:
User avatar
protocol_1903
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: rotation/variations for selection box

Post by protocol_1903 »

+1, I want to use it for almost identical purposes but underground :D
pY and pYblock developer, wielder of fluid networks and subtick events in arbitrary ways. I make mods. Check them out, maybe.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/protocol_1903

Buy me a coffee
Post Reply

Return to “Modding interface requests”