[Tutorial]Create graphics for your mod...

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Voal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Tutorial]Create graphics for your mod...

Post by Voal »

[Sorry for my bad english]
This tutorial show how you can create sprites for your mod... for example i show you how get graphic from StarCraft II and render it to 2d sptite.

[RU] - Весьма грустно обстоят дела с собственной графикой для модов... в основном народ тупо меняет цвет стандартных мобов/структур и это печально, посему я решил написать этот мануальчик чтобы показать как можно без особых проблем создать индивидуальную графику для своего мода, для примера будем дергать графику из игры StarCraft 2 т.к. она неплохо подходит по сеттингу.
Русский
English - Google Translate
[Result sprites examples - Пример того что получилось]
Other ready graphic from SC2

Stx3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Tutorial]Create graphics for your mod...

Post by Stx3 »

wow? thx, a realy good guide!!!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i didn't know that SC1 and SC2 are now Free-Games even if, you need permission or free-use licence.
I would not have contact with a lawyer from Blizzard Entertainment and discuss copyright-issues with him.

it's the same if you would take factorio-graphics and make your own handy/tablet-game with this and sell or gift people with it, without asking the factorio-crew.

i understand you think it's free because you don't want monetize your work/gfx, but it's not - the original copyright is still present. and if bizzard not catches you then the factorio-crew.

sorry but i my opinion it's not the right way.
i highly recommend using free graphics for tutorials.

Voal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Voal »

YuokiTani wrote:i didn't know that SC1 and SC2 are now Free-Games even if, you need permission or free-use licence.
I would not have contact with a lawyer from Blizzard Entertainment and discuss copyright-issues with him.

it's the same if you would take factorio-graphics and make your own handy/tablet-game with this and sell or gift people with it, without asking the factorio-crew.

i understand you think it's free because you don't want monetize your work/gfx, but it's not - the original copyright is still present. and if bizzard not catches you then the factorio-crew.

sorry but i my opinion it's not the right way.
i highly recommend using free graphics for tutorials.
I'm sorry but what you wrote - nonsense. I'm not going to waste time begging permission from Blizzard Entertainment, and even more does not frighten me that they suddenly see my "great and terrible" tutorial ... God, it even sounds ridiculous, catching me by... what? for the fact that in the internet is walking a few hundred articles on this plugin? but that showed how to draw the model in 3d max for factorio? nonsense.

P.S. - Sorry for my bad english.

ParsimoniousKate
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ParsimoniousKate »

Thank you very much for this! I was hoping this might be possible, albeit still daunting! I've made Sims 1 custom objects for going on 15 years and so I've got some of the basic concepts down of sprite-based art rendering objects in 3DS Max. I'd really love to give my factory a themed make-over!

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

It must be here: Development-Tools Tools, that are useful for mod-development.

Return to “Modding discussion”