Bug Reports

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bug Reports

Post by L0771 »

Very little bug :3

missing this

Code: Select all

[item-group-name]
treefarm = InsertNameHere

DjTeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DjTeo »

drs9999 wrote:No it's intended. Actually the cokery shouldn't use energy at all, but because that isn't possible (or at least not in a not-hackish way) I set it to this tiny value.
I understand that it shouldn't use energy, but in this game, convert wood into coke-coal without use energy (except some inserters), I think it's a litlle overpowered.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

Fertilizer doesn't seem to have any effect nor can it be inserted manually into Treefarm MK1s. Our setup is exactly like in the screenshot with both germlings and fertilizer leading to the box.

Charcoal -> Coal seems extremely inefficient and wasteful of fuel. Never going to use it, not sure if a bug or a feature designed to make 'free coal' really hard to get for use in other recipes? I'm not saying break the laws of thermodynamics but it is a game and I am just looking for the best consumable fuels to run my furnaces.

With Fertilizer not working and Char/Coal processing seemingly pointless we just ended up scrapping the whole thing and making lots of tree farms to compensate and fuel our furnaces with charcoal.

Other thoughts, for some reason the listed .3 rate for rubber and .1 rate for sulfur saplings only resulted in one sulfur sapling being created from 250 raw wood yet 18 rubber saplings. It seems like the game only marks it down as a chance to get these materials and not guaranteed 1 sulfur sapling out of 10 raw wood. Not sure if the game is just doing some completely weird rounding as well but if I go by the numbers I should have gotten (exactly if its not chance-based) an average of 25 sulfur saplings and 75 rubber saplings, so yeah something really screwed up here XD

You really only need the one sapling to get started if you make a proper loop in your farm including a sapling maker of course, since you can increase your total saplings by 400% at the end of each growth cycle so after the first few cycles I ended up with 64 sulfur trees from my initial 1 by the time the 250 raw wood (manually inserted 50 at at time when I felt like it lol) finished being a complete disappointment. This should probably be fixed though since the low/broken odds make it needlessly difficult and luck-based starting out.

Question, do you plan on adding actual sulfur and rubber trees to world spawn or is that very difficult? I've never seen them if they actually exist but I think it would be a good feature and reward exploration over raw wood magical transmutation lottery. More types of wood even if fantastic in origin/use would be pretty cool too, I know it's is a sci-fi game so I hope I don't sound too realistic demanding XD

Umm...that became a large wall of text. Great mod though, I use it with Dytech and haven't run into any other notable bugs, I'll post again once I get to all the endgame stuff if I find anything else!

PS- being able to rotate more of the buildings would be great and improve consistency with the rest of the game, especially the large cokeries.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Fetilizier only works in the field mk2 and sulfur trees are from dytech and he has nothing to do with them.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks for the feedback!
MaxStrategy wrote:Fertilizer doesn't seem to have any effect nor can it be inserted manually into Treefarm MK1s. Our setup is exactly like in the screenshot with both germlings and fertilizer leading to the box.
That was actually a bug and I just uploaded new versions which fix the error.

Related to the fuel-processing:
I list some point here in which I try to explain why I did it this way.

And as Sandro already said sulfur AND rubber trees aren't part of my mod(s), they are added via dytech.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. New patch fixes fertilizer for mk1 fields then?

I didn't know sulfur/rubber was dytech only, can't complain about that then, dytech is full of balance issues.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Yes, it's fixed in the new versions. I already wrote it in the main-thread, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to write it here again:
The new versions (0.1.3) are savegame-compatible, although I noticed that if your old fields contain wood in their output-slots inserters wont start to insert fertilizer into the field automatically, but they will start if the output slot is or was empty. So you might have to extract the wood manually once after that they will work correctly.

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

Works great, thanks for the quick fix!

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Stone Crusher wouldn't accept modules, added "allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity"}," after line 199 in buildingprototypes.lua
Fixed issue.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Darlis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darlis »

When removing a Treefarm MK1 there is a chance of getting the following notice:
Error while running the event handler: __Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:420: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
and then get thrown to the main menu...
I've tried removing seeds, wood and trees from them beforehand but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Edit: I've added "field.valid == true" to the condition in the line mentioned in the error message and it seems to solve he problem.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Darlis wrote:When removing a Treefarm MK1 there is a chance of getting the following notice:
Error while running the event handler: __Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:420: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
and then get thrown to the main menu...
I've tried removing seeds, wood and trees from them beforehand but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Edit: I've added "field.valid == true" to the condition in the line mentioned in the error message and it seems to solve he problem.
Thx for the bugreport. Is there something I can do to reproduce it, because I wasn't able to reproduce it.
I'm asking, because your suggested change won't fix the issue, but only hides the symptoms instead.

Darlis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darlis »

I was able to remove all the Treefarms MK1 with the fix, so the problem was solved for me.
I don't know what triggered the error message. IIRC I was able to remove some MK1s early in the game and didn't get the error message. Then I've build some MK2 and started removing all MK1. That's when I've first got the error. I've tried to reproduce this with the original mod and I still get the error in the current save (note that the error isn't triggered on every removal, it seems to be random). Loading the oldest save that doesn't have the MK2 also produces this error. Removing the MK2s does too (but only after I've the removed the 6th (and last) one).

There also seems to be a problem with the MK2: They won't auto-"chop" the trees. IIRC they did at first. I guess there is something wrong with my save. I'm using Factorio 0.11.19 and only your two Treefarm mods.
Here's the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/99x5bb9yfef9o ... 5.zip?dl=0

Twisted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twisted »

Same bug here when trying to remove MK2 fields. Field being active or not does not seem to matter. Does not happen with every removal try or with every field.

All mods latest version, Factorio 0.11.20:

Code: Select all

{
    "mods": [
        {
            "name": "base",
            "enabled": "true"
        },
        {
            "name": "CORE-DyTech-Core",
        },
        {
            "name": "MAIN-DyTech-Machine",
        },
        {
            "name": "MAIN-DyTech-Power",
        },
        {
            "name": "MAIN-DyTech-War",
        },
        {
            "name": "Treefarm-AC",
        },
        {
            "name": "Treefarm-Lite",
        }
    ]
}
With this save I can reproduce the error when trying to remove the fields:
Attachments
dr7.zip
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 223 times

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

i guest you already know it, but this things is annoying
when the field get destroyed by a bitters, not even me or bots can replace it because of trees... kinda heavy sometimes.. not always possible to simply shotgun the trees when you have numberous others things around, such as pole or inserters, ect.. when trying to remove manually, its worst when its not some complete trees but only seeds, so small
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Darlis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darlis »

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

Darlis wrote:This has been fixed in 0.1.4: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=44&t=522
i am using treefarm 0.1.4,
and pocketbots https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4441
and bulldozer https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =bulldozer

not only the bots cannot replace field, but i just notice on one of em, i cannot replace it even MANUALLY, after cleaning the space, i still CANT place the field at the exact same place
Attachments
Sammy-01121.zip
(9.17 MiB) Downloaded 206 times

Darlis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darlis »

Oh, I've misread your post. I thought you were referring to the "invalid entity" bug.
I too have noticed this bug with the Cokery. But it didn't bothered me much as my buildings don't get destroyed by biters.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

one more thing could be fun.. rotating the farm

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:i guest you already know it, but this things is annoying
when the field get destroyed by a bitters, not even me or bots can replace it because of trees... kinda heavy sometimes.. not always possible to simply shotgun the trees when you have numberous others things around, such as pole or inserters, ect.. when trying to remove manually, its worst when its not some complete trees but only seeds, so small
Yes I already know it, because I programmed it that way ;)
But you know: "never change a running system", so I decided not to to change it in the past, especially because afaik no one complained about it earlier. However I'll take a look at it.
aRatNamedSammy wrote:one more thing could be fun.. rotating the farm
Basically the same thing here. The last time I checked it wasn't possible, although this was quiet some time ago, so I'll check it again.
Darlis wrote:Oh, I've misread your post. I thought you were referring to the "invalid entity" bug.
I too have noticed this bug with the Cokery. But it didn't bothered me much as my buildings don't get destroyed by biters.
That's weird though. Can anyone else confirm the behaviour in connection with the cokery (and/or any other tf-building except the field and mk2 field)?

Darlis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darlis »

I've tried to reproduce the cokery-bug again: Once the cokery is rotated (it doesn't rotate visible though) I can't place them next to another building on the horizontal axis, I have to leave a one-tile space between them. That bug has been addressed already here.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”