Version 0.11.13

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.13

Post by kovarex »

• Bugfixes
    • Fixed the freezes related to train building.
    • Fixed the inserter activation logic related to situations where inserter takes the fuel from the entities powered by fuel.
    • Fixed the collision checks related to gun turrets.
    • Fixed the train colliding with itself when the destination was changed manually. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8088)
    • Stopped, manually controlled train adds additional penalty (related to train path finding) of 200 tiles to the block it occupies.
    • Fixed the possible crashes related to invalid map exchange string.
    • Fixed crash related to loading save that is autosaved the very next tick.
    • Gates open in front of the moving character the same way as in front of the moving car.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.13

Post by FishSandwich »

Yeah, amazing job as always. :D

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Woot, now I just have to get out of work so I can test it!!!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Ah yes perfect timing! Was just at the point of needing trains, glad this got fixed. Great job as always guys! :D
Image Image Image

Nic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nic »

kovarex wrote:
  • Bugfixes
    • Gates open in front of the moving character the same way as in front of the moving car.
Thank you very much :P
I am Nic and I love to play games - the more unique the game concept is, the more I am up to buy a game and support the developers with my ideas.
If you want to watch my gameplay videos you do find them on YouTube: http://fwd.nicmd.de/ytng

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

The windows x64 seems to be working fine. The mac version still crashes before the loading screen. :(
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

vlczero
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vlczero »

FlyHigh wrote:The windows x64 seems to be working fine. The mac version still crashes before the loading screen. :(
The mac version works great here on Yosemite 10.10.1, you can check the console app for errors when starting up factorio.
Or check the log file in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/factorio

faloun
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by faloun »

Thank you! I know bugfixes aren't as glamorous but this is way more stable on my machine, especially now that the issue with trains is gone.

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

vlczero wrote: The mac version works great here on Yosemite 10.10.1, you can check the console app for errors when starting up factorio.
Or check the log file in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/factorio
Actually the log hasn't been written since the update which was apparently successful. Yet the game still refuses to start, let alone load.

I've started a thread here in the forum. Not replies as of yet.
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

How can i stop the chunk-count goes crazy ?

screenshot shows only 13K but 2-4 mins later it reaches 180K in a savegame - equals ~ 3.5 GB used memory ... then the game crashes. (there is no outpost, this is the whole map)

with no movement, just viewing map the chunks raised always ~80 every ~10s.
other savegames stable around 4096 chunks.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

YuokiTani wrote:How can i stop the chunk-count goes crazy ?

screenshot shows only 13K but 2-4 mins later it reaches 180K in a savegame - equals ~ 3.5 GB used memory ... then the game crashes. (there is no outpost, this is the whole map)

with no movement, just viewing map the chunks raised always ~80 every ~10s.
other savegames stable around 4096 chunks.
It is most probably caused by some of the mods.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Sorry wrong thread, but can you explain what internal needed to create new chunks ? who is the trigger that say, i need more chunks ? (except move player, or radar)
first i'd thinking a biter runs in wrong way and explore new chunks instead of running around the lake to attack, but pollution can't also spread not so far away.

i removed the suspicus mod, but still counts higher, i will test without mods.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

kovarex wrote: Fixed crash related to loading save that is autosaved the very next tick.
Game crash when loading manual save, where after about 15 seconds game was autosaved, i have save where no crashes if game not autosaved during about 15 seconds after manual saving
Are you sure you fixed this problem?
it only remains for me only to increase the autosave interval
I have avast free antivirus 2015 and comodo firewall - can anything of them cause crash? :?: - before crashing the save loading really long - about 30 seconds or more
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

aklesey1 wrote:
kovarex wrote: Fixed crash related to loading save that is autosaved the very next tick.
Game crash when loading manual save, where after about 15 seconds game was autosaved, i have save where no crashes if game not autosaved during about 15 seconds after manual saving
I have avast free antivirus 2015 and comodo firewall - can anything of them cause crash? :?: - before crashing the save loading really long - about 30 seconds or more
Please make a bug report with all the relevant information (crash log, save, steps to reproduce etc)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

FishSandwich wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:
Please make a bug report with all the relevant information (crash log, save, steps to reproduce etc)
Here - https://yadi.sk/d/sr7n-MdLeJg5x the bad save is UUP_002
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Just for your information: a bug report is explained here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=3638
;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

A bunch of us just finished a loooong game of mostly having 3 or more players at once. Overall it was a good experience, but there were several crashes and here's a link to an archive of the logs. I know that without context these logs will be mostly useless, but suffice it to say that they are all crashes after a player joined or after they desync'd.

Crash logs. Ignore the SSL error, it's valid but not for this subdomain.
https://owncloud.lennier.info/public.ph ... c8d3aff61c
And a link to the save and some neato things about the game itself:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=8350
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

well, the not experimental is in 0.10.12, your game is only update in experimental way in futur ?
when fatorio come in 0.11 in stable way ? it is better to get out before the 0.12 in unstable, i think... (in other words, you should finish what you start before begin another stuff)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

nours77 wrote:well, the not experimental is in 0.10.12, your game is only update in experimental way in futur ?
when fatorio come in 0.11 in stable way ? it is better to get out before the 0.12 in unstable, i think... (in other words, you should finish what you start before begin another stuff)
When a version is stable(0.10.12 for example) they stop working on it and release the experimental. Then they work to stabilise the experimental version, and when the experimental is stable it replaces the old stable version and a new experimental is released etc etc.

As for when 0.11 will be stable, your guess is as good as mine, but seems like end of February is most likely.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

FishSandwich wrote:
nours77 wrote:well, the not experimental is in 0.10.12, your game is only update in experimental way in futur ?
When a version is stable(0.10.12 for example) they stop working on it and release the experimental. Then they work to stabilise the experimental version, and when the experimental is stable it replaces the old stable version and a new experimental is released etc etc.

As for when 0.11 will be stable, your guess is as good as mine, but seems like end of February is most likely.
For singleplayer, in many ways I believe that 0.11 is more stable than 0.10

Return to “Releases”