Factorio: Space Age is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Gordfact47
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio: Space Age is here!

Post by Gordfact47 »

Too bad I can't use my Mods with Space Age game forces me to disable all mods in order to play from load.

fusionfan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fusionfan »

NVM I think I solved it, but I couldn't find how to delete the post completely.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask - is there a way to disable the wave-y graphics of the new ghosts? I have an older CPU with integrated graphics and it really lags the game even when pasting a smaller blueprint. In the past I could run megabases on this. I assume - but not sure - that this is due to the wave in the ghosts.
Last edited by fusionfan on Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wampir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wampir »

Hi! I'd like to thank you for a great dlc, it's truly awesome:) I have hundreds of hours in the game (still rookie numbers, I know) and I love the idea behind the expansion very much. I just don't like the vanilla being trivialized in 2.0. Cheap rockets in the expansion are great, because sending rockets there is not a goal, it's just a tool. I feel like the vanilla with it's goal being now a lot easier to achieve is not a fun challenge any more. Could you consider introducing back old tech tree just for vanilla game, or maybe call it "classic" as a separate mode of vanilla? I'm now feeling like I've lost my old time favorite game experience. I know I could downgrade the application, but then I'd give up on great quality of life features that you introduced, or mod it back somehow, but this would feel just not right.

Nevertheless I'm grateful for your effort and I really like the DLC stuff, your work is truly a piece of art:)

Saiph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Saiph »

wampir wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:44 pm
...... I feel like the vanilla with it's goal being now a lot easier to achieve is not a fun challenge any more. ......
That's their strategy for pushing people into buying the new version.

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

wampir wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:44 pm
Hi! I'd like to thank you for a great dlc, it's truly awesome:) I have hundreds of hours in the game (still rookie numbers, I know) and I love the idea behind the expansion very much. I just don't like the vanilla being trivialized in 2.0. Cheap rockets in the expansion are great, because sending rockets there is not a goal, it's just a tool. I feel like the vanilla with it's goal being now a lot easier to achieve is not a fun challenge any more. Could you consider introducing back old tech tree just for vanilla game, or maybe call it "classic" as a separate mode of vanilla? I'm now feeling like I've lost my old time favorite game experience. I know I could downgrade the application, but then I'd give up on great quality of life features that you introduced, or mod it back somehow, but this would feel just not right.

Nevertheless I'm grateful for your effort and I really like the DLC stuff, your work is truly a piece of art:)
you can disable the space-age mod to get the "classic" mode back and keep the QOL ;)
bringing the oops to devops

wampir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wampir »

I tried this on a version without bought space age expansion, and the vanilla had a lot cheaper rockets, silos and necessary technologies
Last edited by wampir on Tue Oct 22, 2024 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupraz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dupraz »

Is the Factorio Soundtrack Steam depot going to get updated to account for the new original music from the expansion?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/436090/
It originally cost 7€

Especially since it's being labeled as "Professionally recorded" "orchestral performance".
https://factorio.com/game/content-space-age

For now all we're getting is 128 kbps Vorbis from the game files, instead of FLAC.

Return to “News”