Friday Facts #369 - To the moon

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Toll
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #369 - To the moon

Post by Toll »

Also love that blueprint wallet string :mrgreen:

VisionofEmpire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VisionofEmpire »

I can't believe it... I actually believed all of it until I clicked the link... Very well played

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

That's wonderful news Wube! NTFs are the salvation of PC gaming, the only chance at survival of you hobby in these dark ages of gaming.

I hope you will make a special NTFs version of the most precious item in the game, i.e. the fish. You could call it the A-Fish!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Tertius wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:47 pm
Every day someone doesn't login and doesn't use a blueprint, a random item from his blueprints gets deleted. If a blueprint gets empty, the blueprint gets removed, thus be available for public use again.
He can buy back deleted items, but only items deleted in the last 7 days, and it's random what items he will get back.
This way an ecologic measure is also a fidelisation operation ! Genius !
tuhe wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:09 pm
What are you, a communist? Sharing a design is fundamentally at odds with the play-to-earn model, as the ability for people to share means effectively that people can mint copies of blueprints without the fun of hand-crafting 20'000 copper coils or what the specific implementation becomes, thereby reducing the EARN aspect of the play-to-earn model which, as we know, is the best part.
The true way to implement 'sharing' is using an algorithmic contract where a person buys an item and is then obliged to sell it back. Since it happens on the blockchain the method requires 'gas', i.e. a certain fraction of a BTC, to perform the transaction. In other words, if I want to share my design of green chips with you, the way to do it is you cut down 500 trees manually to create a fraction of a BTC, and then you can rent it for perhaps 5 uses (or alternatively, just pay $10USD to buy the same fraction of a BTC).
it depends who ask the question ! i had not realized the best part was the opportunity to master a gesture through practice, now picturing the 20000 handcrafting of copper coil, i can relate to the feeling of achievement one could reach. Or even relief (when you're done eventually). I was missing on that and instead i imagined i could just earn tokens from other people's work by getting my names slapped on early basic design like 2x2 balancer , then i would use my early BTC to pay for other people monitoring if this proprietary pattern of splitter is shamelessly copied in other blueprint and ask their creators for tokens.

your theory is interesting too, i will ask my discord-industry advisor for his opinion on the matter.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

I was mortified for a second there xD

webkilla
Inserter
Inserter

Post by webkilla »

Hehe this is a great april first post

Azzinoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Azzinoth »

This cryptocurrency at least incentivises work that is at least useful for other factorio players. Other currencies incentivise "work" which is completely useless.

OvenMittLorenzo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by OvenMittLorenzo »

To be honest I was expecting the link to the forum to redirect to a Rickroll, to cap off the roller-coaster of emotions they put us through

Criperum
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Criperum »

Nice joke. I almost fell into it. But IMHO sharing huge setups DOES ruin some fun.

Mikeuk_3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mikeuk_3 »

Ah, you had me going there. Very sneaky!

maniak1349
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by maniak1349 »

By the end of the post I knew exactly where that last link would lead. Still clicked it.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

maniak1349 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:03 pm
By the end of the post I knew exactly where that last link would lead. Still clicked it.

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Drakken »

Even though I figured it out early in the post, this was a good prank. I didn't know about the Rick roll until I came to the forums...

Well played.

Now get us some more expansion info! I'm dying to get some hints as to what is coming.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Sweet ideas. Can't wait for all the money earning possibilities 8-)
I have one issue though, your Initial Coin Offering link was hacked by some shady individual, who wants to stop you pursuing this opportunity :!:

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Masterfully written, very realistic as it just as crazy as the real deal. What really had me going was the to the moon part of the title. I already conjured images of the expansion leading us to space and all that may entail! Can't wait for the next FFF :)

yert527
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yert527 »

This joke was inspired! The very fact that factorio might actually be a near-candidate for using NFT technology and that functional and creative blueprints actually do require a mental work makes this joke genius and somehow makes me wish there was some sort of officially supported blueprint library where something like reddit-gold, a like, or a thumbs up for creative solutions would actually make that designer feel good. While I disagree on it having actual value beyond the game and don't think that blockchain is a good method for this.

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Post by S_gamez »

went dam mad as i'm reading this at Aprill 2nd. and was not looking at the day it was posted. Please don't do this again.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

I read to the end and pressed ICO link, and at that moment I got that it's a 1st april joke. :mrgreen:

Xenomorph
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xenomorph »

Do you guys not have phones?

WarpZone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WarpZone »

Instructions unclear; I accidentally funged all my blueprints.

I can still trade my blueprints with other players, but I can't trade any specific blueprint. Even after the trade, the blueprint constantly changes to another one of my blueprints while still in the other player's inventory.

I think there's something wrong with your NFT implementation. Not only are they fungible, but it is apparently possible to permanently funge them.

Return to “News”