Version 0.11.5

Information about releases and roadmap.
AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.5

Post by AlphaRaptor »

cpy wrote:Anyone tried playing this with 3 ore more people? I heard it's not working for 3+.

We can try it if you want , only my Friend need his Graphic Card for his Computer , that silly boy :mrgreen:
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

This is really strange... Yesterday I tried to play with 2 friends of mine. About 20 minutes, it was just fine. Then, the game hung up and after that, there was no possibility to get all 3 players into the game again. 2 players was no problem, but getting the third, was not possible. All 3 used windows x64, we tried a new map, loading older saves, another "host", chainjoining (player 1 = host, player 2 joins player 1, player 3 joins player 2), but nothing helped. That was pretty frustrating. Especially because it worked just a minute ago and all of a sudden, all broke down =/
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

DeathMoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeathMoon »

berni1212 wrote:
DeathMoon wrote:I play it with 2 friends, and it desyncs only "normal" xD
I play with 1 friend and About 10 Mods and we only had 1 desyncloob because of an bug after 10 Houers game time :)

:mrgreen: ;)
Now is the game dead...
2 Players are Ok, but no. 3 has a Blackscreen and the Server dies...
No desync xDDDD

DDR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DDR »

I have a mac. The results from .11.5 are:
1) Doesn't work under wine/winebottler.
- Black screen, menus don't draw backgrounds, etc.
2) Works under Parallels running the free win7 from https://www.modern.ie.
- Although it takes a little longer loading.
- Would probably work under Virtualbox, as well. VB is freer than Parallels, but less user-friendly.
-- The parallels trial period should see you through the Indian expedition, iirc?
- Remember to set your ram/vram high, factorio will mysteriously die otherwise.
- Settings can be copied between mac, from ~/Library/Application Support/factorio to C:\Users\IEUser\AppData\Roaming\Factorio. This includes save files.
3) Doesn't work under Parallels running win8.1.
- Next keystroke(s) after clicking seem to be dropped. Still playable, but not enjoyable.

I did not try the linux build, as I only have the IE test machines installed atm and I'm lazy.

BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

kovarex wrote:So as the 0.11.4 had some very serious game breaking bugs, I we released smaller patch batch today.

Notes:
  • The mac release is delayed a bit
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed the faulty connection logic for splitter preview.
    • Fixed the crashes when doing certain actions in the sandbox mode.
    • Added sanity check for the coordinates of chunk creation, chunks are limited to position of 1000000.
    • Fixed crash in map editor when building lab.
    • Fixed "start level" button of transport belt madness.
Is it a bug in this version that Research Labs can research tech without power and with science packs? I just started a new map, and threw it away when the two research buildings I'd placed next to my steam engines weren't getting power but were conducting research. I placed power poles next to them and everything, but seems like they wanted to research whilst apparently being out of power, they just don't give off the sound that is played when a Research is completed. Weirdness! I'm also not sure if they correctly used up the science packs I put in them ( I built two, and was able to complete two research items with just 5 science packs in each one! Since 10 packs were required for each research item I'd selected, that was a free research I'd just been given!

Also, the power generation seems a bit silly: I'm not sure if there's something to power because there's really no way to tell if an electric circuit actually exists between the power poles and the steam engines that are supposedly producing the power. I think I should be able to see an electricity map that shows connected elements of a power grid in an obvious manner, as I've had situations where power poles that are supposedly connected via wires don't actually power anything, and I have to add another power pole somewhere to make it connect the circuits. Lastly can you make the power poles and power lines more visible when placed over copper ore deposits? They are extremely hard to see against a copper background.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I was testing the lab and it seems to work properly.

We are thinking about some better visual representation of pole connections when you are are holding (building) power poles. Something similar to visualisation of connections of roboports.

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

more new monsters? large company quests? i need more dificulty levels want play and see score... interesting you wright somewhere you plans?

BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

kovarex wrote:I was testing the lab and it seems to work properly.

We are thinking about some better visual representation of pole connections when you are are holding (building) power poles. Something similar to visualisation of connections of roboports.
While you're thinking about better visual representations of poles, could you think also about better visual representations of other connections, too? Steam engines, for example, will only turn green when space is available however there should also be a check for the existence of a steam connection they are able to connect to. I was rather stuck for answers and finally found that the steam engines will light up green in any space they fit, and don't check that there is also a steam connection going into them.

This means that if you place your steam engines off-center, they won't supply power to anything until you realign their connection to the proper center of the engine's input port.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

iklarazu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by iklarazu »

BrickVoidFCT wrote: there should also be a check for the existence of a steam connection they are able to connect to. I was rather stuck for answers and finally found that the steam engines will light up green in any space they fit, and don't check that there is also a steam connection going into them.
This should be easy to spot as the engines are only animated when they're fully functioning; have a water supply and plugged into your power grid.

Personally, I enjoy the troubleshooting of my Factory. I rarely play solo any more as the multiplayer patch changed everything, to the point where I'll only play duo with a friend (so much more fun).

To realise that something is running slow or otherwise not working, only to later find that one of us has connected something up wrong, missed a section of pipe etc is what makes the duo experience more enjoyable; tidying up your friend's mistakes (though usually my own)!

Without being rude, I find the suggested 'green light on all systems go' to be the kind of hand holding approach I'd expect in the tutorial. I'd prefer it not to be in a live game.

BrickVoidFCT
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BrickVoidFCT »

iklarazu wrote:This should be easy to spot as the engines are only animated when they're fully functioning; have a water supply and plugged into your power grid.

Personally, I enjoy the troubleshooting of my Factory. I rarely play solo any more as the multiplayer patch changed everything, to the point where I'll only play duo with a friend (so much more fun).

To realise that something is running slow or otherwise not working, only to later find that one of us has connected something up wrong, missed a section of pipe etc is what makes the duo experience more enjoyable; tidying up your friend's mistakes (though usually my own)!

Without being rude, I find the suggested 'green light on all systems go' to be the kind of hand holding approach I'd expect in the tutorial. I'd prefer it not to be in a live game.
Well, my view is that if mining drills have an arrow indicating their output space, why can't a steam engine have arrows indicating it's input and output spaces? With a million and one things to remember the orientation of, I'd much rather know up front where an input or output is than have to guess at whether it's going to work or not. Perhaps this could be made a config option for people who feel they are smart enough to figure out which way is which? ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Er, BrickVoidFCT, steam engines don't have seperated input and output. You can use both pipes for input and output. Just think about steam engines like a fixed formation of 5 pipes in a row with walls at the sites. The water just flows through it and some of it will be consumed.
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

I remember struggling with that too when I was new. It's obvious when you've played for a while, but it would still be nice for the newbies if there was some sort of a marking there. Same thing with liquid storage tanks.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

There are markings... Big pipes from the structure... Not to miss... o_O

(Then again, we will need a real "tutorial" as soon as the game gets near the finish line.)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Beichtvater
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Beichtvater »

Something I did not like the new player.
shaking hands on the run as a bazaar woman.
The last was not the original, I understand.
But his animation, at least has the natural and realistic.
—>>Great Old World<<—

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Still not released for mac ?
:(

Bumbade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bumbade »

Hi all,

i wanted to post my multiplayer experience with 3+ people.

At the beginning we crashed and desync pretty frequent.
As we figured out that the autosaving of each client is the problem of the desync we turned at each client the autosave off and it worked for hours without a single crash.

just saying.

Cheers Bumbade

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Bumbade wrote:Hi all,

i wanted to post my multiplayer experience with 3+ people.

At the beginning we crashed and desync pretty frequent.
As we figured out that the autosaving of each client is the problem of the desync we turned at each client the autosave off and it worked for hours without a single crash.

just saying.

Cheers Bumbade
I still don't understand how the autosave can have something to do with the desync. We have autosave on when we test multiplayer and there is never an issue. The autosave usually takes like half a second or so, so I don't know why should it make problems, when the dropout interval is something like 10 seconds.

Bumbade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bumbade »

We didnt play the multiplayer over LAN only over the internet.
We think that it has to do something with the fact that each client does an autosave at a different time.

Especially if the map and machines gets bigger. The savefile size went up to 30mb.
Sorry i am not a programmer. That are the experience we had.

After disabling of the autosave function we didnt got a crash and played for hours.

Cheers Bumbade

Update:
Actually we dont know if it is a desync problem but the crashes have something to do with the autosave.
Example: I host the game at start my autosave timer starts. 45seconds after me a friend is joining and his autosave timer starts delayed 45 seconds. we think it is the different autosave times of each player that crashes the game. Dont know if desync or something else. Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

tno1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tno1 »

lol after 20 hours of gameplay then the chunk error came -.-'' so annoying lol - why does it come? and why a limit xD
Also why crash it xD instead of just block new chunk creation so it wont happen just world wont go on xD -- annoying as fuck xD

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

tno1 wrote:lol after 20 hours of gameplay then the chunk error came -.-'' so annoying lol - why does it come? and why a limit xD
Also why crash it xD instead of just block new chunk creation so it wont happen just world wont go on xD -- annoying as fuck xD
I'm sorry for that, but this is just the experimental release, and things like that can (very rarely) happen.

Return to “Releases”