We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

30 years after ? doing the same ? being proud ? justifying it ?

Yugoslavia or Georgia or Ukraine are you talking ?

LUNCHTIME AT THE TROLL FARM ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

tuhe wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:22 am
I wonder how it happened, if it was a screwup, sabotage or a missile? Anyway, Putin is probably not pleased :-).
Sorry, no missile. Sabotage or mostly like Screwup.
https://t.me/boris_rozhin/35974

And of course "the most truthful news"
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukraine-d ... pid=fb_fnc
Ukraine's Navy claimed to have "destroyed" - once again, why destroyed in ""
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:14 pm
tuhe wrote:
I wonder how it happened, if it was a screwup, sabotage or a missile? Anyway, Putin is probably not pleased :-).

The truth is that the Ukraine navy claim something and also that boris_rozhin claim something else.
What happened to the boat is unknown for sure at this stage, what is sure though, is who is saying what. In that sense the fake irony calling "the most truthful" news is inappropriate because that's stricly the truth to say "UKRAINE NAV CLAIM", they have the deontology to name their source, they relay official stance, attributing the quotation.

But you no, you think boris is true because he said it. You don't say "boris claim" you say "this is the truth", in that sense you are not trustworthy, at least less than foxnews on this subject.
Last edited by mmmPI on Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

Djmixxx wrote:
tuhe wrote:

Have you considered this may not simply be how Russian warships normally operate -- after all, Putin is a very smart person, and the 72-hour 'special operation' is going according to the plan, right?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
tuhe wrote:

Who said it was missile. I just named it russian success nothing else.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

tuhe wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:21 pm
Have you considered this may not simply be how Russian warships normally operate -- after all, Putin is a very smart person, and the 72-hour 'special operation' is going according to the plan, right?
https://www.balkanstimes.eu/2022/03/15/ ... orld-news/

There was statement issued by russian officials to say it was not really according to plan this was last week already !

Source is Viktor Zolotov on press conference

CSO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CSO »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm
CSO wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:15 pm
You might be interested in another perspective of why it happened!
A reputable and knowledgeable American Professor has an interesting commentary of why he believes the west (USA) is partly to blame for whats going on in Ukraine.

Putin's Invasion of Ukraine (John Mearsheimer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppD_bhWODDc
I forgot to warn you, You can not criticize the authorities of Ukraine or the United States here. Since they are united with the people and criticizing the authorities, you mean all civilians.
It's strange that you don't know this. From every iron of the European Union they talk about it.
Djmixxx - Who do you think you are warning me! (READ MY ORIGINAL WORDS CAREFULLY AGAIN). I'VE not criticized either and I am fortunate to live in a country
that has freedom of speech.
I see you read my first post - I clearly made my thoughts known - they are with both nations people only for they are the ones who are suffering. I'm
not interested in who did what to who or the political maneuvering done by nations over the years to maintain power and dominance.
I merely point out the name of the video and what it is about. Try watching it and you might get the point of what what I originally wrote!

Tuhe - Yes, I'd call it a war at this point - WAR definition - a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation
Russia has invaded (verb in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing. to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent) - they could have stopped at Donetsk and
Luhansk.
I did not say the west is to blame - i pointed out that the speaker in the video suggests this. I'm not 'buying' into the bs undercurrents of 'Us vs Them'
in this forum which is abundantly obvious.

Enterisys - Are they? Neutral in what respect - boots on ground, supplying aid, imposing sanctions. Maybe they're concerned about it escalating further.

mmmPI - I say 'another' in that the often one sided and dubious news and commentary on the mass media is not the only source of information and from
someone who does not see it only from one side / one point of view and actually has some insight historically and politically into the situation, which
is not really seen on TV or on selected pictures conveniently posted on forums!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

CSO wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:56 pm
mmmPI - I say 'another' in that the often one sided and dubious news and commentary on the mass media is not the only source of information and from
someone who does not see it only from one side / one point of view and actually has some insight historically and politically into the situation, which
I agree with the view that mass media are not the only source of information and that their reliability highly depends on the country in which you live and the topic on which you seek documentation.

The point of view of that Chicago professor was already posted in the thread, by an individual who also posted all sorts of links that were for the most part unrelated or maybe related in the mind of that person who never bother explaning with his own word the relation and kept posting many links. That particular video of yours is more recent 2015 vs 2022.

Also thank you for taking the time to answer properly to my question that may have seemed aggressive that help differenciating you and the person who previously posted the same perspective saying "it explains it all" but would then make statement that contradict the video supposed to explain everything.

I think this is "another" perspective compared to the mainstream media only if you live where this is the minority view, in other places this is the state-sponsored perspective.

CSO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Re:

Post by CSO »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:17 pm
CSO wrote:
I agree with the view that mass media are not the only source of information and that their reliability highly depends on the country in which you live and the topic on which you seek documentation.

The point of view of that Chicago professor was already posted in the thread, by an individual who also posted all sorts of links that were for the most part unrelated or maybe related in the mind of that person who never bother explaning with his own word the relation and kept posting many links. That particular video of yours is more recent 2015 vs 2022.

Also thank you for taking the time to answer properly to my question that may have seemed aggressive that help differenciating you and the person who previously posted the same perspective saying "it explains it all" but would then make statement that contradict the video supposed to explain everything.

I think this is "another" perspective compared to the mainstream media only if you live where this is the minority view, in other places this is the state-sponsored perspective.
Thankyou mmmPI for your understanding. I did not take your question as aggressive. I should have specified that the video came out around the 4th March 2022. I simply needed to make myself clear about where I stand. Right in the middle with humanity. I want to have a better understanding of why this has occurred. I take offence only when someone tries to force their views apon me or tries to tell me what I can and can't say. I'm not anti Russian or anti Ukrainian or anti US. We all bleed the same color blood! And no matter what happens in Ukraine, one way or the other, it is already a devastated land!

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re:

Post by enterisys »

CSO wrote:
Enterisys - Are they? Neutral in what respect - boots on ground, supplying aid, imposing sanctions. Maybe they're concerned about it escalating further.
In respect they are not participating in the conflict - supplying aid is nice but its nothing compared to what is russia is invading with; sanction? which will start start having effect in 1-2 years minimum?
They certainly could sent in army because thats what US citizens want according to polls and polls are very important before soonish election. Yet they remain neutral and just observe/condemn russians in twitter.

CSO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CSO »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:33 pm
CSO wrote:
In respect they are not participating in the conflict - supplying aid is nice but its nothing compared to what is russia is invading with; sanction? which will start start having effect in 1-2 years minimum?
They certainly could sent in army because thats what US citizens want according to polls and polls are very important before soonish election. Yet they remain neutral and just observe/condemn russians in twitter.
Why do you think they do not want to enforce a 'no fly zone' as has been requested by Ukraine? If they interfere, or supply aircraft to Ukraine, enforcing this, it will be taken as military aggression by USA towards Russia, which is part of the reason Russia has gone into Ukraine (concerns that Ukraine would becomes part of Nato ) the overall concern is that it will become WWIII b/w Russia and the US. And the real threat of Nuclear war...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:33 pm
CSO wrote:
Are you aware, if US army or any NATO partner openly intervenes (also no fly zone), we have most likely have a world war?
And I don't like the perspective, that the battlefield will be europe or germany...
Last edited by jodokus31 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re:We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

CSO wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Why do you think they do not want to enforce a 'no fly zone' as has been requested by Ukraine? If they interfere, or supply aircraft to Ukraine, enforcing this, it will be taken as military aggression by USA towards Russia, which is part of the reason Russia has gone into Ukraine (concerns that Ukraine would becomes part of Nato ) the overall concern is that it will become WWIII b/w Russia and the US. And the real threat of Nuclear war...
This is not true, this is what the russian miliatry say, they also say it is to protect russian minorities, and it is to fight the USA bioweapon program, and it is because of NATO, the USA say it's because Russia wants to regain its political influence in the world.

You say it's part of the reason, but it's what a party in the conflict says, not everyone agree to this narrative that this is a pre-emptive self defense war.
Last edited by mmmPI on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

CSO wrote:
Here we go again about NATO Ukraine.
How exactly a defensive military alliance is a threat to russia considering Latvia (NATO member) is already bordering russia and can set up NATO nukes some 550kms from moscow?
It is obviously a threat to further conquest of ex-ussr states, and THAT is the real reason for the invasion. putin just wants new territories and not some mythical NATO.
NATO threat to russia is fake news for russian babushkas watching TV. It's a threat to putin's ambitions, nothing more.
Dont remember NATO conquering/invading any states, yet russian history is full of invasions with putin or his predecessors.
Last edited by enterisys on Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Re:We support Ukraine

Post by jodokus31 »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:52 pm
CSO wrote:

This is not true, this is what the russian miliatry say, they also say it is to protect russian minorities, and it is to fight the USA bioweapon program, and it is because of NATO, the USA say it's because Russia wants to regain its political influence in the world.

You say it's part of the reason, but it's what a party in the conflict says, not everyone agree to this narrative that this is a pre-emptive self defense war.
Yes, there are doubts in either depiction

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Yes, there are doubts in either depiction
It's not only about doubt, it's about consistensy, for example, if one media claims at home to the population that it is fighting in Ukraine to combat the nazi, one cannot at the same time say the reason is the expansion of NATO and therefore threaten to use nuclear weapon.

If you are here to liberate the Ukrainian people, then you can't use nuclear weapon.

If you are willing to use nuclear weapon because you think it's NATO who is attacking you then you need to admit that you are not helping the Ukrainian people but using strengh to try and submit them to protect your own interest.

Either reasonning is consistent as a line of defense, which again like in a trial doesn't have to be trusted, just scrutinized for consistency

CSO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CSO »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:52 pm
CSO wrote:

No problem. We can all agree to disagree! There are probably several reason which we will never know but can only speculate on- I don't believe much of what the US, Ukrainian or Russian governments say. Propaganda is rife nowadays. I don't really care what the reasons or justifications are - I don't want to see WW3 occur. I think most of Europe doesn't either!

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Good link for djmix to read about nazi fakes from russia
https://jewishjournal.com/news/worldwid ... ld-war-ii/

We strongly reject the Russian government’s cynical abuse of the term genocide, the memory of World War II and the Holocaust, and the equation of the Ukrainian state with the Nazi regime to justify its unprovoked aggression.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:05 pm
You know he doesn't read the links right ? he only post sometimes even links that contradict his statement but which wording of the title is misleading counting on the translation.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:07 pm
enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:05 pm
You know he doesn't read the links right ? he only post sometimes even links that contradict his statement but which wording of the title is misleading counting on the translation.
Its a meme bro its for the rest to read :D

Return to “News”