We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by Djmixxx »

tuhe wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:35 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:20 pm
The European Union has already allocated 1 billion euros to Ukraine for the purchase of weapons from the European Peace Fund.

Great example help. While civilians are collecting humanitarian aid, the authorities are helping Ukraine by sponsoring armed firms in their countries. :roll:
For balance, can you complain a bit about how the US helped USSR with weapons when it got invaded by fascists?
or was that acceptable to you?
No complaints. The main thing is that it saves people's lives without food, water, medicines.
It is clear that arms manufacturers sell these weapons and do not make any profits. And they are not at all interested in the conflict dragging on and another 500 million from the peace fund falling to them.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm
tuhe wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:35 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:20 pm
The European Union has already allocated 1 billion euros to Ukraine for the purchase of weapons from the European Peace Fund.

Great example help. While civilians are collecting humanitarian aid, the authorities are helping Ukraine by sponsoring armed firms in their countries. :roll:
For balance, can you complain a bit about how the US helped USSR with weapons when it got invaded by fascists?
or was that acceptable to you?
No complaints. The main thing is that it saves people's lives without food, water, medicines.
It is clear that arms manufacturers sell these weapons and do not make any profits. And they are not at all interested in the conflict dragging on and another 500 million from the peace fund falling to them.
It would be better if your defense industry would just make sandwitch and blanket for refugee this way when one country is invaded it goes faster and there is less suffering ?

So much people died in WWII or the great patriotic war, it would have been faster and less suffering to just surrender ?

I mean seriously you blame the person who is attacked for defending for too long ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:31 pm
https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-ukra ... itary-aid/
February 27, 2022
https://www.macaubusiness.com/portugal- ... ilitary-2/
March 23, 2022

I wonder who will give this money back.
Never heard Ukraine defaulting, russia on other side is in pretty interesting spot :D
https://www.dw.com/en/putin-unfriendly- ... a-61234904
Because of the sanctions, this means that Russia will continue to receive a lot of money, but it will be impossible to withdraw them from Russia. Since Russia cannot buy anything abroad. In the past, money moved both ways. Now Russia has become a vacuum cleaner for Europe's money.

makrom
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by makrom »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:35 am
Switzerland has other type of securities. Also, I'm deeply shocked, what Russia is doing currently. I just think, it wasn't good to stress a very fragile relation.
I don't believe the narrative of pure russian aggression and evilness.
Right, Switzerland could easily protected itself against Nato with its mountains, while Russia with its nukes would be totally helpless. Seriously, Switzerland's (replace with Austria, Sweden, Finnland and so on) best protection is that they aren't ruled by a bat sh*t crazy dictator.
This isn't about narratives of evil and such but simply about how the Western World should handle dictators who are going nuts.
jodokus31 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:00 pm
No, you got it twisted. The deeds they did or are doing are not cool. But they are still human, who made mistakes.
Who decides, that you are better? Are you better, because your mistakes were less severe? Or do you never made any mistake? Or simply, because you are better by some other measure? Who else is worse than you? Are there any people, who are better than you? Are they allowed to condemn you? Who is neutral enough to decide?
That's getting philosophical!
I even confirmed earlier that I am well aware that the likes of Putin are humans, why did you feel the need to clarify this yet again?
And how did I misrepresent what you said? Because they are not cool as I implied you suggested, just not bad human beings? You can call it philosophical to claim Hitler isn't a bad human, I call it BS. The question who decides whom I consider to be a better or worse human is really simple to answer, it's obviously me. And while I would assume that any reasonable being would come to the same conclusion, in a free society (which should apply to at least some of us) you can of course have more "philosophical" interpretations like that Hitler isn't bad, just a bit uncool.
jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:35 am
So, you think it's a good thing? You are from Canada? Why do you even care, if they turn they backs against Europe?
I think, it's a loss for whole human society, esp. for Europe
Because I focus on plausible options rather than clinging on to naïve visions. My impression is that many people who used to have no strong opinion about Russia are finally starting to wake up and realize that it might not be the smartest move to just hope for peaceful coexistence with a megalomaniac dictator while strengthening each other through cooperation and trade. It would have been lovely if this wakeup call wouldn't have come at the cost of Ukraine, but still, better late than too late.
This outcome would be much less of a loss for Europe than if it would continue to dig its own grave. The writings were on the wall since Putin came to power, yet Europe was largely delusional (mainly the countries in Western Europe like Germany, not so much the ones that were less ignorant to signs of Russian aggressions like the Baltics).
The synergies between Russia and China are rather limited, and I'm sure China won't hesitate for a second to leverage dependencies, especially if they are well aware that Russia's isolation leaves them no alternative. As China's lapdog, I'm confident Russia will be much less dangerous. You might want to point out that the Chinese leadership isn't necessarily less "evil", but they have shown to be much more tactically than emotionally driven, which is why a MAD based relationship with China is comparatively relaxed.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:54 pm
enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:31 pm
https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-ukra ... itary-aid/
February 27, 2022
https://www.macaubusiness.com/portugal- ... ilitary-2/
March 23, 2022

I wonder who will give this money back.
Never heard Ukraine defaulting, russia on other side is in pretty interesting spot :D
Because of the sanctions, this means that Russia will continue to receive a lot of money, but it will be impossible to withdraw them from Russia. Since Russia cannot buy anything abroad. In the past, money moved both ways. Now Russia has become a vacuum cleaner for Europe's money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Russ ... ial_crisis

It refered to something that happened in the past, Russia did default on debt several times throughout history

makrom
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by makrom »

Djmixxx wrote:
But there are no sanctions. These are merely special economic operations. You will get sent to prison for 15 years for calling it sanctions.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

makrom wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:56 pm
(mainly the countries in Western Europe like Germany, not so much the ones that were less ignorant to signs of Russian aggressions like the Baltics).
Where does such knowledge about the Baltic countries come from?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:59 pm
Where does such knowledge about the Baltic countries come from?
Same place as your elucubration, except from someone who didn't discredit himself previously it has some credibility as an honnest point of view

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

makrom wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:58 pm
But there are no sanctions. These are merely special economic operations. You will get sent to prison for 15 years for calling it sanctions.
Most importantly, do not forget your sense of humor when you pay for this circus with russian sanctions from your wallet. Or give an example when sanctions helped stop someone. Do not write empty text.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Bold move of course, but luckily trade agreements exist which clearly states currency of payment. GL to your country trying to change those one-sided. Remember recent gazprom loss in Stockholm? Wonder why putin was silent as a lamb then.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:02 pm
Djmixxx wrote:
Bold move of course, but luckily trade agreements exist which clearly states currency of payment. GL to your country trying to change those.
Force Majeure ? It is not possible to accept payment in euros due to sanctions. Cancellation of the contract and the conclusion of a new one. At new prices. And not those old and low ones, according to which existing agreements have been concluded. How many countries will go for it? Or just agree to change one line with the payment currency?

Everyone thinks the Russian government is a bunch of old idiots. They are dictators, but not idiots.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:07 pm
They are dictators, but not idiots.
maybe mis-informed, they thought the war would be over in 3 days

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:07 pm
enterisys wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
Bold move of course, but luckily trade agreements exist which clearly states currency of payment. GL to your country trying to change those.
Force Majeure ? It is not possible to accept payment in euros due to sanctions. Cancellation of the contract and the conclusion of a new one. At new prices. And not those old and low ones, according to which existing agreements have been concluded. How many countries will go for it? Or just agree to change one line with the payment currency?

Everyone thinks the Russian government is a bunch of old idiots. They are dictators, but not idiots.
Did you just assume that EU traders already defaulted on payments to gazprom? Another fake?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Speaking of idiots, you sure these generals dont look like one? So much intellect on the face.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Bold move of course, but luckily trade agreements exist which clearly states currency of payment. GL to your country trying to change those one-sided. Remember recent gazprom loss in Stockholm? Wonder why putin was silent as a lamb then.
It was after this trial the history of Nord Stream - 2 began ?
Then I will say that Ukraine was an important intermediary in the supply of gas to Europe. And you couldn't mess with her. A good reason to keep Putin quiet? In just a few years, Ukraine would not be able to blackmail gas supplies to Europe and another story began. But not in this worls.

Surprisingly, the opponents of the project were countries that flew out of the chain of intermediaries for gas supplies to Germany:
Poland (is a direct competitor of Germany, creates its own gas hub for LNG supplies from the US)
Estonia (These are US colonies.)
Latvia (These are US colonies.)
Lithuania (These are US colonies.)
Romania
Hungary
Ukraine (not a member of the European Union)
The United States (according to experts, they are trying to squeeze out a direct competitor from the gas market, offering supplies of more expensive LNG and arguing that the project “makes Europe dependent on Russian energy, limits the freedom of action of <European countries> and their ability to oppose Russia”
Last edited by Djmixxx on Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:17 pm
Speaking of idiots, you sure these generals dont look like one? So much intellect on the face.
I constantly forget that the Nazis judge a person by appearance and the shape of the skull.
I'll make a note to myself, don't forget about it.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:13 pm
Did you just assume that EU traders already defaulted on payments to gazprom? Another fake?
Putin said the government and central bank had one week to work out how to move gas-selling operation to the Russian currency

I noticed that you can't always translate from English correctly, hop this is clear for you:

Путин сказал, что у правительства и Центробанка есть НЕДЕЛЯ, чтобы решить, как перевести операции по продаже газа на российскую валюту.

You said it's not possible. I explained to you how this can be made possible in our time. IN A WEEK we will find out how Russia will do it

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:22 pm
It was after this trial the history of Nord Stream - 2 began ?
No, google.
Djmixxx wrote:
Then I will say that Ukraine was an important intermediary in the supply of gas to Europe. And you couldn't mess with her. A good reason to keep Putin quiet? In just a few years, Ukraine would not be able to blackmail gas supplies to Europe and another story began. But not in this worls.
How can a pizza delivery guy that fulfils all of his obligations to deliver pizza on time blackmail a pizza customer? Or maybe it was pizza chef to prepared shit pizza?
Djmixxx wrote:
Surprisingly, the opponents of the project were countries that flew out of the chain of intermediaries for gas supplies to Germany:
Poland (is a direct competitor of Germany, creates its own gas hub for LNG supplies from the US)
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Romania
Hungary
Ukraine (not a member of the European Union)
The United States (according to experts, they are trying to squeeze out a direct competitor from the gas market, offering supplies of more expensive LNG and arguing that the project “makes Europe dependent on Russian energy, limits the freedom of action of <European countries> and their ability to oppose Russia”
+netherlands, oh wait its not an intermediary how could it oppose NS2???

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:32 pm
Putin said the government and central bank had one week to work out how to move gas-selling operation to the Russian currency

I noticed that you can't always translate from English correctly, hop this is clear for you:

Путин сказал, что у правительства и Центробанка есть НЕДЕЛЯ, чтобы решить, как перевести операции по продаже газа на российскую валюту.

You said it's not possible. I explained to you how this can be made possible in our time. IN A WEEK we will find out how Russia will do it
Government of russia and especially its central bank are not a party to agreements of supply natural gas.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
“makes Europe dependent on Russian energy, limits the freedom of action of <European countries> and their ability to oppose Russia”
Well look at them now: they want to stop buying russian gas but cant. Does it mean USA was right once again?

Return to “News”