Full tank gives 24000 as output signal

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Full tank gives 24000 as output signal

Post by Quax »

Hello there, I just created a system to evenly fill my tanks using combinators. Now I have stumbled across somthing interesting, that I cannot explain: When I connect a full tank to the circuit, the signal reads 24.000 instead of 25.000, see picture. As you can see, this has nothing to do with interfering circuits, as I have used a red wire for measuring the content. Well, so why is that? What am I doing wrong?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Full tank gives 24000 as output signal

Post by FuryoftheStars »

It’s actually reading something like ~24,995.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

As far as I remember there is rounding, so 23500..24499 will appear as 24k, and 24500..25000 will appear as 25k.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Ok .. it's because I built a fill level display, where the last (green) light should be active when the tank is full. SO I wil set it to 24.500 ..

THx

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Quax wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:08 pm
Ok .. it's because I built a fill level display, where the last (green) light should be active when the tank is full. SO I wil set it to 24.500 ..

THx
You could also hook up a constant combinator that adds 1 to the fluid count signal:
watertank.png
watertank.png (2.85 MiB) Viewed 2060 times
In the image, the constant combinator is turned off, and hovering over the power pole will show 24k water on the red wire. If you turn on the constant combinator, the display will switch to 25k.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Constant boxes don't need power.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

quyxkh wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:05 pm
I know, but having power doesn't make them dysfunctional either. Moreover, the pole isn't even connected to electricity (but the area actually is in range of a Creative Mod super substation). :-)

I've just plopped down the combinator where it seemed convenient, not too far away from the pole showing the signals.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Pi-C wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:46 pm
quyxkh wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:05 pm
I know, but having power doesn't make them dysfunctional either. Moreover, the pole isn't even connected to electricity (but the area actually is in range of a Creative Mod super substation). :-)

I've just plopped down the combinator where it seemed convenient, not too far away from the pole showing the signals.
Ah. And I even do exactly that. That was me just blindspotting, sorry for the distraction.

Return to “Gameplay Help”