We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by tuhe »

FuryoftheStars wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:01 pm
My speculation is that they're merely claiming not to be aligned with Russia's goals so that the rest of what they have to say won't be dismissed outright
Yah, an endless stream of whataboutism and justaskingthequestion. I have not read much Russian propaganda first hand, but my understanding is that every media-savvy Russian views themselves as a little version of RT; i.e. as being provocative and full of challenges to a hypocritical west.

This is what I feel is one of the most disingenuous aspects of this thread, namely that defenses of Russia are usually offered in a passive way; as in "Russia claims" and "Russia feels" and "what the west does not understand" and so on. In normal circumstances, people have views they are actually convinced about, and so they can commit to an explanation: "I think Russia bombing Kyiev is proportional and rational because...". I can certainly explain why I don't think Russia should be in Ukraine, or why I now think I was wrong in supporting the Iraq war when I was very young.

I am just not ready to call troll because my ex's family were very hard-core fundamentalist, and I have seen the same sort of behavior in them. My understanding was that even the fully convinced believer needs to deal with a lot of cognitive dissonance; they are exposed to contrary information from time to time they need to put aside, or explanations that they are taught are true one day and then are told are false another day. To adjust to that, it is very convenient to adopt a truth you can subscribe to but which somebody else is ultimately responsible for (in their case, it was their church. In the case of a Russian patriot, I would assume it is an amalgamation of the official story plus some ideas about Russian past and future greatness and innocence).

Update:
On a lighter note, this one has a 'the death of Stalin' feel to it: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 35270.html
Now if you will all excuse me, knowing that Europe is no better than Russia when it comes to free speech, I will now go out and get my ass thrown in jail for SUPPORTING my government :D

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

Russian media = Russian propaganda
Ukrainian media = Ukrainian propaganda
European media = European propaganda
American Media = American propaganda

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

No, I dont want my youtube recommendations to be ruined.

danbopes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by danbopes »

enterisys wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:57 pm
You know you can open them an in incognito window, right? This wont affect any of your precious youtube recommendations.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Vintors wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:42 pm
Russian media = Russian propaganda
Ukrainian media = Ukrainian propaganda
European media = European propaganda
American Media = American propaganda
Brazil media = Brazil propaganda.
South Africa = Soouth Africa propaganda
Japan = Japanese propaganda
Middle-east media = Middle-east propaganda
Asian media = Asian propaganda.
African media = African propagnda.
World media = World propaganda.

if that sounds ridiculous to you it's because it is

arguments

danbopes wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:07 am
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:57 pm
You know you can open them an in incognito window, right? This wont affect any of your precious youtube recommendations.
This or go on rutube, it's only russian propaganda, because youtube is american propaganda like facebook and twitter or instagram, i think people in europe use dailymotion for their propaganda but i'm not sure.

If you want to see 2-3 min clips of video montage as it was done 15 years ago to thrill young complotist

[ after some research i realize europe is many country, for example in france they use francebook, and in germany, germanygle, and also spanishgram, or italytter those are only some langage used that are not english where people can use the american propaganda, but there are no country in europe which langage is english, there was the UK before but they left the EU ]

Edit => That still is being posted here for no apparent reason other than in an attempt to legtimate an escalation in violence that is happening near the wheat planting season where Russia N3 producer tries to invade Ukraine N5 producer.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:21 am
if that sounds ridiculous to you it's because it is
I apologize for my English, not my native language.
I was born in the USSR, if anyone present at the forum knows that there was once such a country. I try not to watch the news so as not to get upset.
1. Putin, supported by the people - 77.4%
https://www.interfax.ru/russia/827641
2. If, in my favorite game, there was no news in support of Ukraine, I would not have paid attention to it.
3. Judging by the comments, people do not understand the reasons for the "war" between Russia and Ukraine at all. It will not work to explain to a non-Russian.
4. The government of Ukraine itself says that it has been "fighting" since 2014
years with Russia. Ask the Ukrainians.
5. Since I was born in the USSR, it's funny to me to listen to "this is Russian propaganda." Russia is full of independent media, read them, maybe you will understand something. Unlike the United States and Ukraine, opposition media are closed by law. Don't believe the "Western propaganda".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzKPYNsB4o
6. Today's time reminds me of the 90s of the collapse of the USSR.
7. I would pay attention to the behavior of England, the USA and Europe. (sanctions, the end of last year, etc.)

And finally, listen carefully to Putin's speeches, I think since the Munich speech of 2007.

I don't approve of War, but if forced... the French and Germans won't let you lie.

It is interesting that the Western media are talking about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDCiU6w7B-g

I'm not a politician about that article. I think the French were just scared.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

https://www.kp.ru/daily/26888.5/3932379/

Zelensky was a comedian before the presidency. Too lazy to search.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWrNs3ISDyo

However, this is not relevant.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

This year and the following will be difficult for everyone. The world has not recovered from the 2019-2020 year, as the energy crisis began, and politicians, instead of solving these crises, decided to blame all the problems on Russia. The world has changed.

Prayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yRLR5Db6o

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:03 am
https://www.kp.ru/daily/26888.5/3932379/

Zelensky was a comedian before the presidency. Too lazy to search.
And putin is kgb spy. How does that make him good tyrant? Oh wait it does.
Last edited by enterisys on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 am
This year and the following will be difficult for everyone. The world has not recovered from the 2019-2020 year, as the energy crisis began, and politicians, instead of solving these crises, decided to blame all the problems on Russia. The world has changed.

Prayer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yRLR5Db6o
Yup thanks to putin we have another year to recover from. But dont worry democratic economies are good at recovering not sure about USSR.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:15 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWrNs3ISDyo

Yes not relevant. Its the americans who are passive since Obama. If Bush was in charge this war would be over a week ago.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am
Yup thanks to putin we have another year to recover from. But dont worry democratic economies are good at recovering not sure about USSR.
I'm not sure. The current situation is a natural process.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:43 am
I was born in the USSR, if anyone present at the forum knows that there was once such a country. I try not to watch the news so as not to get upset.
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:47 pm
2. If, in my favorite game, there was no news in support of Ukraine, I would not have paid attention to it.
Fair enough, you posted french radio show without subtitled, but then do not answer in french. I found it weird because that's the only french journalist mentionned in russian official media despite many of them covering the story and her being pretty inexperienced since in her movie you can see that the representative of the doneskt pro-russian is choosing the witness himself, and asking the question himself in front the journalist who seem just "used". 3 times 15 days in place only at the demand of the local authority that are not allowing other journalists to roam free and ask their own question.

I think that anyone without malicious intent realize what happened to the journalist but maybe as it is in french it's not obvious to you and you justed posted it because you thought it would help.
3. Judging by the comments, people do not understand the reasons for the "war" between Russia and Ukraine at all. It will not work to explain to a non-Russian.
some people do not understand, some people do not want to understand, some people wants to legitimize, some people try to justify , i don't think you are trying to inform, i think you are pushing a point of view which is different.
4. The government of Ukraine itself says that it has been "fighting" since 2014
years with Russia. Ask the Ukrainians.
The government of Ukraine also say they tried to put out corrupt pro-russian leader in 2004, and were repressed before succeding, twice ! then Putin started to threaten to retaliate and armed some region and seized crimea, which some people in ukraine threaten to re-take by force, which leads russia to claim ukraine is a threat, because ukraine in nato could try to attack russia which made the situation more difficult for a president that was elected by 73 % of the ukrainian people where he was the most prefered candidate in the eastern region compared to his opponent, which look like it had a chance to reconciliate the 2 parties. It was also how some of his critics went against him saying he was too pro-russian, or close to russian-backed oligarchs. Which makes me think he was genuinly trying to make things better between the 2 party.

But russia has tons of nuclear missile in Kaliningrad and keep crying about its safety which is a dumb lie. They are the one threatening to blow up Europe , not the opposite. They are the one who have nuclear missile next to other people country. Europeans country do not have nuclear arsenal and rely on USA protection, hence NATO. You must know about Kaliningrad right ? So who is legitimate to complain about threat ?
5. Since I was born in the USSR, it's funny to me to listen to "this is Russian propaganda." Russia is full of independent media, read them, maybe you will understand something. Unlike the United States and Ukraine, opposition media are closed by law. Don't believe the "Western propaganda".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzKPYNsB4o
There is no link between you claiming to be born in USSR, and the media in russia. Also you said earlier you yourself try to not watch the news to not get upset. And now you tell me to read the independant media in russia. That is contradictory, and is also something i do, reading medias. Hence why i try to explained to you that reading only media "from russia" and "from the west" like it's only 2 block is a view that is propagated only in russian stated-backed media, the narratives is the same wether it's someone that is allowed to repeat like a parrot the government parole without analisys or the government. Then the goverment closes the media that defend views that are against the official view.

AND PEOPLE EVEN IN RUSSIA USES TELEGRAM: Why ? Because it's secure ? WHY ? BECAUSE THE FOUNDER FLEE RUSSIA SO THAT HE COULD CREATE A SERVICE OF MESSAGERY THAT IS NOT UNDER A STATE CONTROL.

Look it up yourself, try to ask in Russia about this guy : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Durov

6. Today's time reminds me of the 90s of the collapse of the USSR.
Not me the curtain that separated the world collapsed in the 90's. It's being erected at the moment.

7. I would pay attention to the behavior of England, the USA and Europe. (sanctions, the end of last year, etc.)
And finally, listen carefully to Putin's speeches, I think since the Munich speech of 2007.
I don't approve of War, but if forced... the French and Germans won't let you lie.
You would if you were reading the news ? you said you are not reading the news to not get upset, yet you seems to have been careful there in following what is very important to understand. But of course without reading the "western propaganda".

I'm not a politician about that article. I think the French were just scared.
That's an english article that says the opposition far-right leader is funded by Russian bank after the leader met with Putin. Her father is a well-known neo-nazi supporter having gotten into trial several time for his speech on that. He founded the political party initally and his daughter succeeded, thanks to the money of the Russian people. Which doesn't seem coherent with the narrative of Russia being the defender of the world against the western nazi .

You say you are not a politician yet you seem to be pretty willing to justify a war for political reason. A war that not only endanger the very people it claim to protect, but also the world food supply chain.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 am
This is the argument of anti-russia feeling, which is not true , and ridiculous especially when you look at the example of the french politc scene where a presidential campain is happening and even the candidate funded by russian bank and pro-russia pro-putin think that the aggression of Ukraine constitute an escalation of violence that is source of a strain of wheat supply chain among other thing. Such strain on wheat supply chain DURING THE PLANTING SEASON is a great risk of instability, riots, and war next year when the wheat will be missing. And this is not Ukraine that is to blame.
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:15 am
Most of what you posted is called "cheap and low content" It's irrelevant in general, not included into any discussion, just spammed repeatedly because you cannot explain rationnaly why you mean with those. It's just "guilt by association" or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

Premise: A is a B
Premise: A is also a C
Conclusion: Therefore, all Bs are Cs

some Ukrainian are 1m90
1m90 is very tall
Therefore all ukrainian are very tall.

Sounds stupid with the size right ? but if you take political party and copy paste it a lot, maybe you will manage to make some people doubt. Thing is you can only convince people that are gullible, then you can do opinion poll to verify for example:

In a country some people agree with the war-advocate some think peace is better. Now you ask them in a separate poll for example if they believe in flat earth, in vaccine, in science, in extra-terrestrial beings, and so on. This way you have some sort of idea of who is more likely to believe what. And then you realize what is a "gullible" person. Then you can measure the effect of the method of copy pasting regularly denial argument, cheap and low. It does have a slight effect of people who are gullible but pretty limited because generaly those person aren't in a position of responsability.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

And 80% believe they should be friends with Ukrainians, and 60% support the war. Hey lets be friends and send tanks.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:25 am
And 80% believe they should be friends with Ukrainians, and 60% support the war. Hey lets be friends and send tanks.
that's why opinion polls company have power, they can provide the correct "fact" to support the narrative of whoever pays for it.

Then it's just a question of framing.

heeerrr i mean no, there is no war it's only special operation remember who you should trust.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:33 am
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:25 am

that's why opinion polls company have power, they can provide the correct "fact" to support the narrative of whoever pays for it.

Then it's just a question of framing.

heeerrr i mean no, there is no war it's only special operation remember who you should trust.
I actually believe russian polls just because how brainwashed everyone is.

Vintors
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vintors »

Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:07 am
English is not my native language, there may be a wrong translation.
I said I'm trying, but it doesn't always work out, advertising was constantly climbing on youtube, to various appeals. Various news items are offered. I am glad that youtube has disabled ads.

About the wars, I do not approve. Like many Russians.

I don't impose my opinion.

In the world of economy with wheels (not an economist, I don't know how this term is called by economists), goods (raw materials) are delivered by various means, and the same goes to the store (factory), you play factorio, with such an economy, everything depends on logistics.

Russia exported a lot of goods.
Last edited by Vintors on Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to β€œNews”