Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Mella »

Mella wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:27 pm
Respectable pyanodon
Can you add new ways to get propene not only from residual gas and from syngas in next update?
Can we get propene from low distillates or from medium distillates or from hig distillates? Or from methanol?
Still waiting for straight answer from pyanodon and his team about propene getting
Propene is very popular resource when playing with all py mods :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

not planned.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

NameLips
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NameLips »

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I didn't read this entire thread) but I can't seem to deconstruct small Oil Derricks with the deconstruction planner. I have to travel to them and remove them manually.

bowenbigcountry1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Coke oven gas not being accepted for warm bricks

Post by bowenbigcountry1 »

The Regen heat exchanger is not taking my coke gas. Says it's 250.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Coke oven gas not being accepted for warm bricks

Post by kingarthur »

bowenbigcountry1 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:51 am
The Regen heat exchanger is not taking my coke gas. Says it's 250.
If you haven't already try flushing the pipe and/or replacing the building. Its glitch sometimes but once it's going it should be ok.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The advanced tin-chromium alloy recipe is... barely better than the basic one, if not worse, depending on what you value ?
pY-basic_tin-chromium_alloy.png
pY-basic_tin-chromium_alloy.png (80.49 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
pY-advanced_tin-chromium_alloy.png
pY-advanced_tin-chromium_alloy.png (58.86 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
(with -60% energy consumption on the smelters)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:43 am
The advanced tin-chromium alloy recipe is... barely better than the basic one, if not worse, depending on what you value ?
(with -60% energy consumption on the smelters)
It's been a while, but most of the savings in the advanced recipe was because of the convenience of using the molten metals directly, rather than having to cast and "re-melt" them to make the alloy.
You're saving on entity count, power, gas, hot air, and a bit on chromium, but it costs you a bit of tin and some more sand and tar for sand casts.

Maybe it could stand to use a bit fewer sand castings, but you're adding the hot air boost from casting the plates to get the two close to parity.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Right, the main issue might be the lack of a hot air option for the direct casting...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Muche
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Muche »

Hello.
I started playing PyBlock and after reaching Hot air recipes I noticed an inconvenience - the Glassware recipe using Hot air has the Hot air input in different place (compared to all other Hot air recipes):
Glassworks-Hotair.jpg
Glassworks-Hotair.jpg (222.53 KiB) Viewed 3273 times

It comes about from the interaction of PyCoal (where the Glassware recipe is defined as using Iron plates and Wood), PyRawOres ("replaces" Iron plates with Molten glass), PyAlienLife ("replaces" Wood with Rubber stoppers), and PyPetroleum (adds Hot air recipes).
The replacing is in quotes, because they actually remove an ingredient and add another, leaving the ingredients array sparse, which the Hot air function seems to not expect.

I tried the following and it fixed it for me:

Code: Select all

--- a/pyrawores/prototypes/updates/pycoalprocessing-updates.lua
+++ b/pyrawores/prototypes/updates/pycoalprocessing-updates.lua
@@ -62,7 +62,7 @@

RECIPE("gasoline"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "hydrogen", amount = 50})
 RECIPE("olefin"):replace_ingredient("water", "hydrogen")
-RECIPE("flask"):remove_ingredient("iron-plate"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "molten-glass", amount = 200})
+RECIPE("flask"):replace_ingredient("iron-plate",{type = "fluid", name = "molten-glass", amount = 200})
 RECIPE("ref-to-light-oil"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "hydrogen", amount = 250})
 --RECIPE("olefin-combustion"):remove_ingredient("water"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "hydrogen", amount = 100})
 RECIPE("niobium-oxide"):replace_ingredient("water", "nitrogen")
--- a/pyalienlife/prototypes/updates/pycoalprocessing-updates.lua
+++ b/pyalienlife/prototypes/updates/pycoalprocessing-updates.lua
@@ -60,7 +60,7 @@
 RECIPE('ralesia-seeds'):remove_unlock('coal-processing-1'):add_unlock('ralesia'):subgroup_order("py-alienlife-ralesia", "a"):change_category('nursery'):replace_ingredient("ralesia","ralesias")
 RECIPE('chemical-science-pack'):add_ingredient({type = "item", name = "alien-sample-02", amount = 1})
 RECIPE('filtration-media'):add_ingredient({type = "item", name = "micro-fiber", amount = 2})
-RECIPE('flask'):remove_ingredient("wood"):add_ingredient({type = "item", name = "stopper", amount = 4})
+RECIPE('flask'):replace_ingredient("wood",{type = "item", name = "stopper", amount = 4})
 RECIPE('aromatics-to-plastic'):remove_unlock('methanol-processing-1'):add_unlock('coal-processing-1'):change_category('biofactory'):remove_ingredient("aromatics"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "aromatics", amount = 50}):remove_ingredient("syngas"):add_ingredient({type = "fluid", name = "syngas", amount = 100})

RECIPE('mukmoux-fat'):remove_unlock('coal-processing-2')

I noticed that the mods' development versions on Github do more changes to this recipe, which seems to lead to the issue not manifest in PyBlock mods combination, but still might in PyCoal+PyRawOres+PyPetro (without PyAlienLife).

Thanks.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Guys, what about oil?
pumping units extract resources everywhere, as if there is a whole ocean of oil under the planet.
and drilling platforms that are adequately located on the corresponding fields are disabled by the script.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

And yet, how to use drilling platforms and bitumen seepage? The Py instructions say that you need to fill them with drilling fluid. But drilling fluid does not go there, drilling platforms do not react to it.

Necronium
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Necronium »

You need to place building coresponding to fluid that you want to get from seep then add drilling fluid after it finishes you can start getting out desired fluid. If you want more help can you post pic with your set up?

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Necronium wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:56 pm
You need to place building coresponding to fluid that you want to get from seep then add drilling fluid after it finishes you can start getting out desired fluid. If you want more help can you post pic with your set up?
Experimental design with an oil drilling rig and the supply of drilling mud to it 1. The drilling rig does not respond to the mud.

P.S. Very strange. It's not very obvious. Everything worked as soon as I turned the installation and experimented with supplying pipes to different places where the input arrows were not indicated.
Attachments
test.png
test.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 254 times

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Yes. All. I'm convinced. Hydrocarbon production from any location is incomparably more expensive than from special fields. Thank you.

Return to “PyMods”