Moderator: pyanodon

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Pridesfall »

donoya wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:47 pm
Hello. I'm trying to play with momo's pyanodon tweak on Factorio version 1 due to msp not being updated to 1.1, but it says there's not a compatible version on the mod portal. Can someone provide a working version for the previous major version of Factorio? Thanks.
You might have better luck posting this as it's own topic since it isn't a Petroleum Handling specific question. Also, do you really want Py to be harder? I'm only making production science at 500 hours in and they are being made at a really slow rate.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

I meant I needed Py petroleum handling for 1.0. Sorry if you thought I meant momo pyanodon's tweak. That one is at least on the mod portal for 1.0.

marck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marck »

Am I doing something wrong? I have attached a screenshot of one of my 3 small oil derricks. I have pressed shift-g multiple times and the recipe appears to change between natural gas and crude oil. All three show the expected resource as natural gas. But when I connect the pipes I only get crude oil.
Attachments
small oil derrick.png
small oil derrick.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 6585 times

cgrain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cgrain »

I encountered an error when I drove into a Tar extractor (while it was still getting drilling fluid), which was, I admit, not the best Idea...
The mod Pyanodons Petroleum Handling (2.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pypetroleumhandling::on_nth_tick(30)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__pypetroleumhandling__/control.lua:216: in function <__pypetroleumhandling__/control.lua:211>

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

cgrain wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:45 pm
I encountered an error when I drove into a Tar extractor (while it was still getting drilling fluid), which was, I admit, not the best Idea...
The mod Pyanodons Petroleum Handling (2.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pypetroleumhandling::on_nth_tick(30)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__pypetroleumhandling__/control.lua:216: in function <__pypetroleumhandling__/control.lua:211>
Did ya kill it?

cgrain
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cgrain »

Yes, I did kill it
I did not see the animation, but I was driving near full speed and it does make the most sense

FoMa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Missing (bitumen|tar)-seep?

Post by FoMa »

Unknown keys for soil recipe (Oil industry machinery - Stage 1):
Image with missing keys
MyMods
I am missing some mods or this is fine and nothing is broken?
Last edited by FoMa on Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Missing (bitumen|tar)-seep?

Post by kingarthur »

FoMa wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pm
Unknown keys for soil recipe (Oil industry machinery - Stage 1):
Image with missing keys
MyMods
I am missing some mods or this is fine and nothing is broken?
its just missing text string for something your not actually supposed to see anyway. nothing is missing an nothing is broken. well besides the lack that being hidden but thats probably just because one of us forgot to hide it after testing.

Zentay
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zentay »

I've been playing with full pymods for a while now and wanted to say that I don't like the petroleum handling much.

Most recipes that use titanium tetrachloride consume too much of it. Titanium tetrachloride is also not easy to produce early in the game. The early pumpjack recipes also seem wasteful. These recipes are unlocked relatively early in the game and it just doesn't make sense to me.

The basic processing splits crude oil into 3 different fluids, plus a waste fluid which is very difficult to deal with efficiently. To ensure continued production, these fluids need to be consumed at the same rates or be discarded. In practice, even consumptions seems nearly impossible. It doesn't seem worth the effort to make this work and so I've decided to use alternative recipes that are easier to work with.

It's also too difficult to discover how to extract crude oil, natural gas, etc. I'm still not sure whether it's possible to extract shale oil or which building would be used for it.

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

Shale oil is a crafted item. FNEI is invaluable for that sort of thing even though it's a bit cumbersome for certain recipes such as ash or biomass. The in game help helps with the biomass and everything that doesn't have a fuel value seems able to be burnable to ash.

The natural gas, crude oil, and tar can be extracted from bitumen seep with their respective derricks or extractor. You just have to feed them drilling fluid for a bit.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

There appears to be a localization error with natural gas derricks. The first tier is fine but subsequent tiers have an error like the above image.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

How much drilling fluid do the various oil/gas/tar extractors consume to convert a bitumen seep into a usable resource?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Not an outrageous amount : IIRC mk1 with drilling fluid 1 took me like a quarter of an hour to drill for natgas with 1 of every building ?

Also : potentially an exploit : natural gas derrick doesn't (directly) pollute, so biters ignore it !
(Though this should be in this thread I guess ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Respectable pyanodon
Can you add new ways to get propene not only from residual gas and from syngas in next update?
Can we get propene from low distillates or from medium distillates or from hig distillates? Or from methanol?
Last edited by Mella on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Oh, by the way, I remembered. Is it possible to do something with the two types of acetone? As I understand it, original and your mod. It stands out as a flaw against the background of a well-coordinated mod.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 am
Oh, by the way, I remembered. Is it possible to do something with the two types of acetone? As I understand it, original and your mod. It stands out as a flaw against the background of a well-coordinated mod.
There is no original acetone.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:27 am
factoriogame1121 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20 am
There is no original acetone.
Understood, it means only FNEI shows it...)

Edited: Oh, I'm sorry. It meant, in principle, in the original game there is no such resource) I have not examined the original for a long time - I am fond of analyzing various mods.
But the essence of what I said remains. I saw two acetones in FNEI) Well, okay. Wrote.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

So i was making a large hot air setup using the 1k recipe and i found it surprisingly hard (tedious) to make it work since it needs a lot of seeding.
The main problem is that bricks and goal gas move in opposite directions so effectively you need to seed with gas all stages and with brick first stage
OR seed with orange prick and yellow brick and only feed in 1k coal gas

Yes it is more or less a working design BUT due to its nature it is very hard to scale up and make operational ( not to mention how slow heat ex changers are)

acnologia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by acnologia »

Is there a way to revert back to fluid resources on the map being unlimited? Personally I dislike the finite oil and tar over the %nodes. I remeber there being an option in the past. What happened?

Zyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zyz »

acnologia wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:28 am
Is there a way to revert back to fluid resources on the map being unlimited? Personally I dislike the finite oil and tar over the %nodes. I remeber there being an option in the past. What happened?
The option became useless with bitumen seeps, since the amount of each ressources by seep has become dependent on the drilling fluid used and if I remember correctly the level of the building. Since the amount of liquids by seep is dependent on factorio-voodoo (config phase) it can't be set to infinite anymore unless you were to modify the values yourself by editing the mod.

Return to “PyMods”