Bug? - Deconstruction Flag Removed

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bug? - Deconstruction Flag Removed

Post by adam_bise »

I placed a large blueprint in a sea of tree, set the trees on fire, built a power station, built roboports and they started building the ghosts.

Then I notice that a great deal of trees are no longer marked for deconstruction.

Is there some sort of time limit for this?
0.png
0.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2213 times

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bug? - Deconstruction Flag Removed

Post by adam_bise »

Funny thing is, the ones that were unmarked are the ones that were automatically marked by the blueprint.

Assuming this is time related. The other trees I later marked for decon explicitly. Are they going to be unmarked soon as well?

How can I increase or disable this limit?

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

The only blueprint related timer is for replacing destroyed entities (purple health bar).

As for the trees unmarking themselves, a wild guess: Did you place the blueprint while the trees were still unburned? Maybe transitioning to the charred variant made them loose the decon marking and removed colliding blueprints.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Yes, first thing I did was place the BP. It is very large, I placed on the map, right over trees, cliff, biter nests. Then I kill all of the biter nest. I did notice ghost were not placed under biter nests, so I replaced it again. Then I set fire to the trees, laid some track, power and roboports. When the roboports were finally working I saw trees had been unflagged for deconstruction and the ghosts underneath then were just gone.. I'm positive they were flagged, because I also drug a trees / rocks only decon planner across the whole area to clear off the trees that werent auto flagged by the BP.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

If you can reproduce it, I think it might be worth to make a bug report about it.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Apparently, there is a timeout. 3 hours from what I can tell.

viewtopic.php?t=49459

Don't suppose anyone knows how to adjust this?

Can be reproduced by going to map editor new scenario, uncheck instant decon and BP building, place a blueprint over trees, increase time to 32x (disable autosave) then wait. The trees will be unmarked, and the ghosts under them will disappear.

What isn't clear is the timeout only appears to apply to deconstruction. The ghosts that aren't colliding with trees remain.

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by atomizer »

Weird to find out about this mechanic from a random thread. Doesn't seem to be documented anywhere else.

Return to “Gameplay Help”