Temporary Stations = Manual train mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Temporary Stations = Manual train mode

Post by ssilk »

Zavian wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:34 am
I want something that I can control on a train by train / situation by situation basis.
Nobody hinders you to change the default by hand after ordering. Already working. This is only about configuration of the default action.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ansible32
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ansible32 »

I would like for all newly created stops to default to "wait forever" until you set a condition. IMO the existing behavior both for temp stops and permanent stops is annoying. It's also annoying that there's no "wait forever" option. Right now I usually use "Passenger present AND Passenger not present" for my passenger trains because I don't want to drive them manually but I also don't want them just continuing on unless I say so.

It would be a breaking change, but honestly I feel like the default behavior where no condition is set causes the train to continue along seems like the wrong behavior anyway - the train should simply stay at the station until a condition is set or the train is tasked to another station.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

gaucho_tche wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 pm
I couldn't find a single person who wouldn't prefer that the temporary train station would put train in manual mode once reached!

Developers please change this!

thanks
I'm one. I don't want it always put in manual mode. What if I hijacked an ore train to get me somewhere cause it was the only one available? I want it to automatically resume.
Zavian wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 am
Maybe the best solution is a compromise. If the train is in manual mode when you control-click to create a temp station, then the train temporarily switches to auto mode, drives to the temp station, then switches back to manual mode. If the train was in auto mode, then it stays in auto mode when it arrives.
Yes. This would be ideal, I think.
Ansible32 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 pm
IMO the existing behavior both for temp stops and permanent stops is annoying.
Not for me. I'm against your proposed change as well.
For a normal stop, I have no issues if it bypasses the stop while I'm still adding it to the schedule. If it was that quick, it'll be back. I don't need it to wait there right now this instant.
For a temp, if I'm using my personal train, which most likely would be in manual mode to start, I'd want it to switch to manual upon reaching the destination. If I snagged another train, though, I'd want it to automatically leave and resume it's normal routines.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Dmytrozern
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dmytrozern »

Ansible32 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:41 pm
It's also annoying that there's no "wait forever" option.
Put it in Fluid condition or wait for circuit signal. Done.

I think it's good as it is. I drive somewhere, drop off, and the train goes where it was heading before. If I need it to stay, I'll set some condition to wait. If it's a build train I'm working on circuit conditions of detecting when the construction is finished and all spare materials are loaded into the train again.
Mostly a vanilla player. Enjoy extreme railworld deathworlds with a 5x+ tech price.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”