[1.1.41] Crash "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Naitmehr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.41] Crash "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by Naitmehr »

Hi,
I keep having crashes. Sometimes it even corrupts my current save file. I attached the logs.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(33.21 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
factorio-previous.log
(55.41 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.41] Crash "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by Loewchen »

Sounds more like system instability causes the save file corruption. Post more logs with crashes and your latest save file, see 3638.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Crash "Trying to save item stack with non zero itemID and zero count"

Post by boskid »

Those 2 logs point to 2 different crashes. I am not willing to investigate those since there is a high risk of memory corruption or system being unstable. If you can reproduce a crash reliably i would like to know a reproduction steps which i will look carefully but right now i am moving this to "1/0 magic".

Naitmehr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Naitmehr »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! It seems that my memory is the problem. I raised my DRAM voltage slightly and now Factorio does not crash anymore. I did not notice any crashes in other games or applications. That's why I didn't know where to begin to look.

Thank you Loewchen & boskid

Return to “1 / 0 magic”