Version 1.1.31

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.31

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed various issues related to how chat tags are open. (97141)
  • Fixed that replays would break after winning the game. (96774)
  • Fixed that listbox would loose focus when clicking on other widgets that can't be focused anyway.
  • Fixed GUI crash when furnaces would select recipes that have more products than it's output inventory size. (97314)
  • Fixed that fluids could be purged from the whole fluid system in certain cases. (97338)
  • Fixed a crash when loading save files in some cases. (97363)
  • Fixed locale related to deconstruction planner tile selection mode. (97653)
  • Fixed advanced rail signal tutorial losing items held in the cursor. (97662)
  • Fixed Alt+F4 would close the game on Windows even when other modifier keys were pressed. (97710)
  • Fixed that NAT-punching didn't work correctly. (97688)
  • Fixed that some infinite crafting recipes didn't work as intermediates. (96775)
  • Fixed crash when an entity marked for an upgrade is selected for another upgrade in multiplayer in some cases. (97586)
Modding
  • Added defines.prototypes which contains all prototype type names (eg: defines.prototypes.entity = { container, furnace, assembling-machine, ... })
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.31

Post by disentius »

Exellent!
I do not see the update on the steam portal yet. Anything wrong or is it steam?
[EDIT] there it is, had to restart steam client twice....:)

Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dominn »

Hi, would it be possible to push strings for translation to crowdin sooner before new releases? Since game is finished and releases are not so often, it's possible some strings stay untranslated in game for weeks. For example 1.1.31 was released in 9:30 and strings ware pushed into crowdin in 8:50 (according to email notification). I would appreciate a bigger window (say 12 - 24 hours), since I translate (as many others) in my free time after work hours. I think, it would contribute to user experience. There are some minor changes in strings right now (typo corrections mostly), but these left whole strings untranslated when not finished in that small-time window for weeks. Thanks a lot for consideration!

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Dominn wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 pm
Hi, would it be possible to push strings for translation to crowdin sooner before new releases? Since game is finished and releases are not so often, it's possible some strings stay untranslated in game for weeks. For example 1.1.31 was released in 9:30 and strings ware pushed into crowdin in 8:50 (according to email notification). I would appreciate a bigger window (say 12 - 24 hours), since I translate (as many others) in my free time after work hours. I think, it would contribute to user experience. There are some minor changes in strings right now (typo corrections mostly), but these left whole strings untranslated when not finished in that small-time window for weeks. Thanks a lot for consideration!
If that would mean, that experimental updates are pushed later, i'm against it. I'd rather have a new experimental fast without recent translations but one with translations later.
But, maybe, another additional release for incorporating the translations is possible, which is triggered 1 day later?

Dominn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dominn »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:10 pm
But, maybe, another additional release for incorporating the translations is possible, which is triggered 1 day later?
That is what comes to my mind too. Or maybe standart experimental releases, but when marked as stable make new stable release with translations?

For example 97394 was marked as fixed yesterday (typo fix), but showed up in crowdin 30 minutes before release. Now it is translated in crowdin, but in game it is unstranslated till next release.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hi, would it be possible to push strings for translation to crowdin sooner before new releases?
If that would mean, that experimental updates are pushed later, i'm against it.
I highly doubt anyone would even notice if they were released 1-3 days "later". There's no schedule, no regularity and no announcements anyway. A release happens when it happens, and thus by definition is never "late". And in the grand scheme of things - if every release was delayed by the same amount, then then waiting period between releases would be exactly the same as it is now. It saddens me greatly that the non-English and translation communities have to deal with several weeks of completely unnessecary delay regularly.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Daeruun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Daeruun »

Since the 1.0.0 release this is bugging me as well...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm
Hi, would it be possible to push strings for translation to crowdin sooner before new releases?
If that would mean, that experimental updates are pushed later, i'm against it.
I highly doubt anyone would even notice if they were released 1-3 days "later". There's no schedule, no regularity and no announcements anyway. A release happens when it happens, and thus by definition is never "late". And in the grand scheme of things - if every release was delayed by the same amount, then then waiting period between releases would be exactly the same as it is now. It saddens me greatly that the non-English and translation communities have to deal with several weeks of completely unnessecary delay regularly.
I don't know, if the whole process can't be faster/more responsive, but I think it's not a good idea to let those long running processes dictate how fast it gets deployed, esp. if they are not crucial. More delay always means later feedback.
But it also bad, if the translations have to wait weeks for the next release...
Idk, Maybe its easy to delay the release some hours and have the translations included

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

If it's only a few hours the translators are asking for, and it's not critical bugs which cause hundreds of crash reports and need a hotfix, I don't see a reason why we couldn't wait another day.

It's been said above, there is no schedule for releases, so a patch can never be "late".

Translations are also part of quality and we should hold the standards high.

Return to β€œReleases”