[1.1.30] No Audio

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Archemide
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.30] No Audio

Post by Archemide »

Since 1.1.30, I have no audio in game. I've tried maxing out all my audio sliders. Attached is a log file where I have the issue with all mods disabled. I have tried verify the game files. This is (as far as I can tell) not a windows issue, since the volume mixer doesn't show factorio trying to play audio. Audio from other sources works fine.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(16.93 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.30] No Audio

Post by ptx0 »

So, I posted this on the official Factorio forums and supplied them with the log file, and initially, they didn't know what was causing the issue. But, one of the moderators had me check a few things, one of which was the default sound device, and in the course of following his instructions, I discovered that the Windows "Sound Enhancements" had been turned on. Once I disabled that, the game sound worked perfectly!

I've seen Sound Enhancements cause problems before, but usually it stops ALL sound on the system from working. (At least in every case I had seen in my IT job.) But, I was thrown off the trail on this one because I still had sound from other games, from Windows, from desktop apps, basically everything except Factorio.
(from the Steam community forums)

Archemide
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.30] No Audio

Post by Archemide »

Yes, I found his post on the forums (viewtopic.php?t=39115). However, in his case the volume sliders were moving. My factorio volume sliders is showing no attempt to even output audio. I've confirmed that windows sound enhancements are off (and aren't even an option with my sound device).

Return to “Technical Help”