Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

PASS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by PASS »

"I just had the same issue, the github link was helpful, I believe the shortcuts that mod is trying to unlock are unlocked by default in v1.1.
In my case removing the code from mod helped. You can try to do the same by removing/commenting lines 162-177 from angelsindustries/control.lua file.

https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/bl ... l.lua#L162"

This mentioned before helped me to fix the error. And i could finish the reasearch without problem

Apache1222
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Apache1222 »

Good Morning,

I am currently using the Angel's Addons - Mass Transit mod in a modded game with Space Exploration and Krastorio 2. First off I want to say I love the look of the trains added in by the Mass Transit mod and that it is wonderful that you combined the 3 of them into 1 mod. However after doing some testing I found that the Smelting Locomotive Tender does not want to accept the extra chemical fuel types added in by AAI Industries and Krastorio 2 (the processed fuel and the fuels from K2) but the Crawler locomotive tender does accept those extra fuels. The main smelting locomotive and main crawler locomotive both accept the extra fuel types as well.

I checked over on Earendel's Discord and was told the following
AAI is supposed to be adding it to all vehicles that allow normal chemical fuel. If it's not allowed, either it doesn't have that fuel category, or it's being set after AAI does its thing.

Just wanted to make you aware of this.

Thanks again for a wonderful mod.

Apache1222

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Apache1222 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:55 pm
Good Morning,

I am currently using the Angel's Addons - Mass Transit mod in a modded game with Space Exploration and Krastorio 2. First off I want to say I love the look of the trains added in by the Mass Transit mod and that it is wonderful that you combined the 3 of them into 1 mod. However after doing some testing I found that the Smelting Locomotive Tender does not want to accept the extra chemical fuel types added in by AAI Industries and Krastorio 2 (the processed fuel and the fuels from K2) but the Crawler locomotive tender does accept those extra fuels. The main smelting locomotive and main crawler locomotive both accept the extra fuel types as well.

AAI is supposed to be adding it to all vehicles that allow normal chemical fuel. If it's not allowed, either it doesn't have that fuel category, or it's being set after AAI does its thing.

Apache1222
I can confirm that this is indeed an inconsistency – either all new locomotives (and tenders) should accept, or none of them should accept.
Github issue to track the progress:
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/520

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

valneq wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 pm
Apache1222 wrote:
Good Morning,

Apache1222
I can confirm that this is indeed an inconsistency – either all new locomotives (and tenders) should accept, or none of them should accept.
Firstly, thankyou for saying the combined mod is wonderful, that took quite a bit of work, but it came out better than expected in terms of code efficiency :D

I can confirm that the trains in the mod all have identical fuel_categories as set in the mod and are created in the data stage, so unless something funky is happening with AAII (AAII making the change in the data stage {before AngelsAddons is loaded} for example) or K2 not picking up the extra trains when it adds the fuel categories to trains... I will be testing this in the next few days to confirm what exactly is happening...

robertsonj
Inserter
Inserter

Post by robertsonj »

Had an issue when using Petrochem with editor extensions.
Occurs when trying to start a new single player game, scenario 'Editor Extensions/Testing'

Code: Select all

Error while applying migration: Angel's Petrochemical Processing: angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua

__angelspetrochem__/migrations/angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua:13: attempt to index field 'chemical-plant-2' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__angelspetrochem__/migrations/angelspetrochem_0.4.0.lua:13: in main chunk
Mods in use:
  • Angel's Petrochemical Processing - 0.9.17
    Angel's Refining- 0.11.19
    Editor Extensions - 1.9.5
    Factorio Library - 0.6.1
Bug also reported to Editor Extensions: https://github.com/raiguard/Factorio-Ed ... /issues/52
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(50.04 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Apache1222
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Apache1222 »

pezzawinkle wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:03 am
valneq wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 pm
Apache1222 wrote:
Good Morning,

Apache1222
Firstly, thankyou for saying the combined mod is wonderful, that took quite a bit of work, but it came out better than expected in terms of code efficiency :D

I can confirm that the trains in the mod all have identical fuel_categories as set in the mod and are created in the data stage, so unless something funky is happening with AAII (AAII making the change in the data stage {before AngelsAddons is loaded} for example) or K2 not picking up the extra trains when it adds the fuel categories to trains... I will be testing this in the next few days to confirm what exactly is happening...
Sounds good. I am also going to check the Petrochem Train as well. But so far the only one of the "engine's" that does not want to take the processed fuel from AAI and the fuels from K2 is the Smelting locomotive tender. I will try to confirm if the petrochem train is the same or if it accepts all the rest and report findings back here.

Thanks

Edit.

Tested Petrochem locomotive and that does accept the additional fuel types. So it looks like it is only the Smelting Locomotive Tender that is affected.

Thanks
Last edited by Apache1222 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

[FIXED] hello getting this bug that leads to breaking the game when research finished (crawler-construction-robots)
when-researched-crawler-construction-workers.jpg
when-researched-crawler-construction-workers.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
didnt have the latest version will update when bug is gone - bug is gone nvm yo :D

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

Infinite gems is still producing "unsorted gem" when the corresponding recipe is turned off. The result is a big pile of unusable material. Ideally, Angel's would turn on that recipe in Bob's if the infinite gems ore fields are created.

viewtopic.php?p=355785#p355785

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

AngledLuffa wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:02 pm
Infinite gems is still producing "unsorted gem" when the corresponding recipe is turned off. The result is a big pile of unusable material. Ideally, Angel's would turn on that recipe in Bob's if the infinite gems ore fields are created.

Gem ore patches and Infinite gem ore patches should not spawn when Angel's mods are active. Can you provide a configuration/savefile that shows this issue?

LastDragonLord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDragonLord »

Recipe for Thicker MK 01, has Motor 4, which during progression cant be made.
Original: ingredients = {
{"electric-engine-unit", 1},
{"small-lamp", 4},
{"electronic-circuit", 10}, --updated-bob basic-electronic-circuit-board
{"steel-plate", 50},
{"pipe", 15} --updated-bob brass plate
Recipe for Ball Mill MK01, has Simple Circuit board, which cant be made at all with Py and Angels mods actives
{"assembling-machine-1", 1},
{"copper-plate", 30},
{"steel-plate", 40},
{"iron-plate", 50},
Suggestion: change motor 4 to 1, and change the circuit to Electronics Block 1
Attachments
Ball mill modded
Ball mill modded
Screenshot_48.png (81.72 KiB) Viewed 4931 times
Thickener modded
Thickener modded
Screenshot_47.png (88.03 KiB) Viewed 4931 times

LastDragonLord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDragonLord »

almost forgot this one
Stone wall- might Be conflicting with Bio industies, so make a over write on the recipe, as this one has iron stick in it
Attachments
Screenshot_49.png
Screenshot_49.png (83.56 KiB) Viewed 4929 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

LastDragonLord wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:07 am
Recipe for Thicker MK 01, has Motor 4, which during progression cant be made.
{"electric-engine-unit", 1},
{"small-lamp", 4},
{"electronic-circuit", 10}, --updated-bob basic-electronic-circuit-board
{"steel-plate", 50},
{"pipe", 15} --updated-bob brass plate
Recipe for Ball Mill MK01, has Simple Circuit board, which cant be made at all with Py and Angels mods actives
{"assembling-machine-1", 1},
{"copper-plate", 30},
{"steel-plate", 40},
{"iron-plate", 50},
Suggestion: change motor 4 to 1, and change the circuit to Electronics Block 1
industries overhuals arent finished and nothing is anywhere close to getting them to work with pyanodons

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

LastDragonLord wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:13 am
almost forgot this one
Stone wall- might Be conflicting with Bio industies, so make a over write on the recipe, as this one has iron stick in it
Thanks, but this was reported already.
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/484

As Kingarthur said, the overhauls are not finished yet and there is many mod compatibility issues. This just being one of them.

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

valneq wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:02 pm
AngledLuffa wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Gem ore patches and Infinite gem ore patches should not spawn when Angel's mods are active. Can you provide a configuration/savefile that shows this issue?
Sorry, missed this reply from not having logged in for a while. Here is a save with the mod suite I had played with my previous game. I found that Angel's Ores has the infinite gems on by default, and unless the corresponding Bob's gem setting is set, it produces the unsorted gems without any way to sort them.

Hopefully by matching the mods & settings in this save you can see the issue. If it's not clear, please let me know.
Attachments
gems.zip
(6.31 MiB) Downloaded 70 times

ninti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ninti »

I am using all the Angel's, including Industrial, as well as Bob's mods, and I ran into a problem with making stack inserters. The recipe requires "titanium gear wheels", but Angel's Industrial apparently removes those, so I can't make the inserters. Removing this mod fixes the issue, but at the cost of ruining this entire game.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

AngledLuffa wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:12 pm
[…]
Sorry, missed this reply from not having logged in for a while. Here is a save with the mod suite I had played with my previous game. I found that Angel's Ores has the infinite gems on by default, and unless the corresponding Bob's gem setting is set, it produces the unsorted gems without any way to sort them.

Hopefully by matching the mods & settings in this save you can see the issue. If it's not clear, please let me know.
Thanks for the savefile. I was able to reproduce your observation.
Github issue for tracking the progress
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/525

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

ninti wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:37 am
I am using all the Angel's, including Industrial, as well as Bob's mods, and I ran into a problem with making stack inserters. The recipe requires "titanium gear wheels", but Angel's Industrial apparently removes those, so I can't make the inserters. Removing this mod fixes the issue, but at the cost of ruining this entire game.
I cannot reproduce your observation.
I tried on Factorio 1.1 with all of Angel's mods + all of Bob's mods & all mod settings default.
No problem with titanium gear wheel.

Are you using non-default settings or only a subset of the modpack, or additional mods?
A new (basically empty) savefile to sync mods&settings and thus reproduce the issue would be helpful.

ninti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ninti »

Here is a savefile for 1.1.14. I could also give you a file using 1.0 (using those earlier versions of the mods), with exhibits the same problem for me. The savefile just has Bob's, Angel's and FNEI enabled, and I am not able to create titanium gear wheels. If I remove Angel's Industries and load the save, the ability to make them come back.
Attachments
TestAngelBob1.1.14.zip
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by ninti on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Techtony96
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Techtony96 »

Hi,

I am trying to host a headless server (1.1.15) for my friends and on the "intro cutscene" finishes the server crashes with the following error:

Code: Select all

Error while running event level::on_cutscene_waypoint_reached (ID 33)
The mod Angel's Refining (0.11.19) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event angelsrefining::on_cutscene_cancelled (ID 164)
__angelsrefining__/control.lua:109: attempt to index field 'angels-biter-slider' (a nil value)
Full server log: https://gist.github.com/Techtony96/1364 ... 96a791d664

I have the follows mods/versions installed (All Bobs/Angels):

I thought maybe the experimental factorio version was the issue so I downgraded the server to 1.0 but I still saw the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

ninti wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:38 pm
Here is a savefile for 1.1.14. I could also give you a file using 1.0 (using those earlier versions of the mods), with exhibits the same problem for me. The savefile just has Bob's, Angel's and FNEI enabled, and I am not able to create titanium gear wheels. If I remove Angel's Industries and load the save, the ability to make them come back.
Your savefile uses 14 non-default settings. That was not clear from your previous bug report. Among those non-default settings:
Angel's Industry: Component overhaul (beta) [activated], which is still in development beta phase and not optimized for mod compatibility
Bob's Logistic: Inserter overhaul [deactivated], which changes the types of inserters, as well as their recipes

Apparently, the above settings are not entirely compatible, although the Angel's Industry overhauls should work with Bob's mods.
Thanks for the report. Here is now a github issue to track the progress of this bug
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/526

Return to “Angels Mods”