Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
Trainwreck wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote: Given that (at least for now) I have enough sulfur to build The Yellow Sulfur Pyramids of Canada Seablock ( http://www.businessinsider.com/there-ar ... 012-4?IR=T ) it would not be the best solution.

Given that I would process it to sodium sulfate, then to sulfur then to sulfur dioxide just to vent it I would prefer to just burn/dump brown liquor.

Especially as in reality it is typically burned (at least according to Wikipedia) and that any other fluid/gas that I encountered may be destroyed.
That reminds me, here's another recipe that gives too much sodium sulfate for the amount of sulfuric acid consumed:
sulfate.png
Funny, I build this recipe yesterday to get rid of sulfur, because sodium sulfate can be used for glass production. I really don't need more sulfur. If I use up any source of sulfur (sulfur dioxide, sulfuric waste water and so on) its more than enough. Seablock has also another use for sulfuric waste water for oil-production, but still its too much.
You need to research advance smelting methods. All the anode/cathode methods use up sulfur but you gain another 33% extra output on top of the 50% for processed metal. Combined you get twice the output.
I'm' running out of sulfur here.

shirutan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shirutan »

Arch666Angel wrote:
shirutan wrote:crop-farming.lua fix

Code: Select all

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon = "angelsbioprocessing/graphics/icons/token-bio.png",
icon_size = 32,
flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
subgroup = "farming-gardens",
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount"
},

{
type = "tool",
name = "token-bio",
icon = "angelsbioprocessing/graphics/icons/token-bio.png",
icon_size = 32,
flags = {"goes-to-main-inventory"},
subgroup = "farming-gardens",
order = "g",
stack_size = 200,
durability = 1,
durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-key",
durability_description_value = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-value"
},
Is already in.

durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount",

durability_description_key = "description.science-pack-remaining-amount-key",
Frequently sorry.

shirutan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by shirutan »

angelssmelting
locale/en/smelting.cfg

[tile-name]
clay-bricks=Clay Brick
The tile-name is missing.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
Funny, I build this recipe yesterday to get rid of sulfur, because sodium sulfate can be used for glass production. I really don't need more sulfur. If I use up any source of sulfur (sulfur dioxide, sulfuric waste water and so on) its more than enough. Seablock has also another use for sulfuric waste water for oil-production, but still its too much.
You need to research advance smelting methods. All the anode/cathode methods use up sulfur but you gain another 33% extra output on top of the 50% for processed metal. Combined you get twice the output.
I'm' running out of sulfur here.
Yes, that maybe possible. But I don't have high tech science yet :)
I have set up an additional stiratite (could be also bobmonium or saphirite) chunk 1:N sorting (which gives sulfuric waste water from floatation), which i switch could turn on, if I run out. And I stop sodium sulfate in that case and start creating glass mixture from silicon & lime, instead of sand, sodium carbonate, sodium sulfate and lime. For now, i save a lot of silicon ore. Thats the plan, will see if it works out.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Theres the recipe for cleaning coal into coke and getting sulfur waste water if you desperate and have no oil / etc going yet. But the recipes Angel balanced were just buggy, atleast the one giving 10 times extra sulfur lol.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Termak wrote:Theres the recipe for cleaning coal into coke and getting sulfur waste water if you desperate and have no oil / etc going yet. But the recipes Angel balanced were just buggy, atleast the one giving 10 times extra sulfur lol.
Yes, for regular Angels, this is possible, but Seablock (i forgot to mention) doesn't have this option (-> no coal and no cleaning coal recipe). There you can get additional hydrogen sulfide from first washing step. And also mineral sludge from slag uses reduced sulfuric acid, to be a closed loop with a very minimal net postive of sulfur.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

jodokus31 wrote:
Termak wrote:Theres the recipe for cleaning coal into coke and getting sulfur waste water if you desperate and have no oil / etc going yet. But the recipes Angel balanced were just buggy, atleast the one giving 10 times extra sulfur lol.
Yes, for regular Angels, this is possible, but Seablock (i forgot to mention) doesn't have this option (-> no coal and no cleaning coal recipe). There you can get additional hydrogen sulfide from first washing step. And also mineral sludge from slag uses reduced sulfuric acid, to be a closed loop with a very minimal net postive of sulfur.
you sure about tech not available in seablock? i remember using it in 0.15, i have not started full game in 0.16 yet, converted old save, and done few test in sandbox with SCT ... so don't remember tech tree.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

mexmer wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:
you sure about tech not available in seablock? i remember using it in 0.15, i have not started full game in 0.16 yet, converted old save, and done few test in sandbox with SCT ... so don't remember tech tree.
Yes, it got removed in .16 version. It was in .15.

VexMex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VexMex »

So i have installed Pycoal, PyTbaA and bobs togeher with a huge laod of other mods, i have seen that the glass fibre board uses palstic and then 2 times glass, and so i cant automate it, has someone else the problem or is it caused by a different mod? maybe from Py? i really dont know it exactly but thought it might be angel

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

VexMex wrote:So i have installed Pycoal, PyTbaA and bobs togeher with a huge laod of other mods, i have seen that the glass fibre board uses palstic and then 2 times glass, and so i cant automate it, has someone else the problem or is it caused by a different mod? maybe from Py? i really dont know it exactly but thought it might be angel
what recipe is it that your seeing double glass on. its most likely a mod conflict. if you pop over the pytbaa forum page and give me details on the recipe and all mods that affect that one i can fix it. this happened before with aii and pycoal duplicating creosote on power poles.

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

So is raw rubber (from desert tree cultivation) supposed to produce liquid plastic? I would think it should make liquid rubber...

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

arbarbonif wrote:So is raw rubber (from desert tree cultivation) supposed to produce liquid plastic? I would think it should make liquid rubber...
It does seem a bit strange. At the very least, it should give liquid resin instaed of plastic, since that can actually be turned into rubber. Maybe the recipe could be something like
16 Bio Rubber + 40 Bisphenol = 1 rubber.

wrendering
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wrendering »

I don't know if actual rubber is useful enough at the moment to be a product of desert tree cultivation -- I mean it's used for, what, some top-tier Bob's Electronics and what else? And requiring bisphenol seems way too complicated -- the other two recipes need ethanol, which is only made from fermentation and biomass refining, and acetone, which can be a byproduct of the Cumene process but early-game will probbaly be more easily sourced as an unwanted byproduct of biomass refining. I would suggest glycerol, but I don't know that that makes any sense chemically-speaking. I think keeping it as it is is maybe better anyway -- the more acetone sinks, the better.

Bugs to report: is tree farming 2 and 3 supposed to have the same recipe besides yield? Also, swamp and temperate tree cultivation both have stages 1 and 2, which trade a fertilizer for 2 extra raw bio-resins/plastics; for desert cultivation, though, both options only give 2 bioplastics total, with no difference in output between the more and less expensive recipes.

I love the new recipes -- I'm super happy to finally have a better use for extra acetone especially. Is the plan to have these recipes eventually replace Bob's greenhouses?

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

I know that rubber is vulcanized by heating it with sulfur, so that could potentially be the recipe. Sulfur is also another high volume product so that could work.

sirgitano
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sirgitano »

I can't seem to find the loaders anywhere. They show up in blueprints that I've imported but no where in the craft menu or tech tree that I can find. Am I missing something or could another mod be messing with it?

Mods
Angel's Ore Silos
Angel's Warehouses
Angel's bio Processing (alpha update)
Angel's Industries
Angel's Infinite ores
Angel's petro chem processing
Angel's refining
Angel's smelting
belt sorter
better bots tech
big bags
bob's adjustable inserters
bob's assembling machines
bob's electronics
bob's enemies
bob's functions library
bob's logistics
bob's metals, chems and intermediates
bob's mining
bob's modules
bob's power
bob's tech
bob's warfare
bob's multiple characters and classes
bobangels pipe fix
bulk rail loader
charcoal burner
cursix tech
FNEI
Factorissimo2
inventory quickbar
LTN
logistic tech beacon
more armors
nuclear fuel
orbital ion cannon
personal roboport Mk3
RPG system
recycling machines
robot mining site
science cost tweaker
single spliter
space extension
time buttons
tinystart
upgrade builder and planner

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

sirgitano wrote:I can't seem to find the loaders anywhere. They show up in blueprints that I've imported but no where in the craft menu or tech tree that I can find. Am I missing something or could another mod be messing with it?
modlist
you need to install Loader Redux, either trough game mod manager, or download it from mod portal
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux

sirgitano
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sirgitano »

[/quote]
you need to install Loader Redux, either trough game mod manager, or download it from mod portal
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRedux[/quote]

awesome thanks

usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by usafphoenix »

Angels' Ores + Bob's Ores gem ore has result: "Unsorted Gem Ore" even if config for unsorted gem ore is disabled (Result: bob's ores doesn't register a recipe for sorting and his gem fields don't give the unsorted result, but Angel's infinite ores still will). So Infinite patches then yield an item that is unusable.

Animade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Animade »

Angel's Smelting Version 0.4.3 - Seablock - Blast Furnace lime production stops after 2 or 3 processes.
I'll check to see if there are any mod updates.
I've been playing this mod config for two weeks and i've produced several thousand lime without issue...
Currently lime production stops after 2 or 3 passes and i have to clear the blast furnace recipe and restart it but only kicking over a couple more before stopping.
Screenshot below....

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

Does it still remain stopped after you've cleared out the CO2?

Return to “Angels Mods”