[kovarex] [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

Post by AntiElitz »

When putting blueprints next to each other, power poles may add a 6th ghost wire connection between the blueprints. Later they drop a random(?) connection because the maximum to have is 5. This way power poles that have been part of the original blueprint can become isolated.
This may seem like an edge case, but this happened to me 2 times in 2 days now. This is not very intuitive either. It would not have happened in 1.0, because there the "isolated" power pole would just connect to some other pole that has still free connections left.

Video Explanation: https://youtu.be/kWsqPLDDa1Y

Example from video:

afr33sl4ve
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

Post by afr33sl4ve »

I thought I was going crazy. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thanks for the report, this is quite the timing.
There is quite a big change related to how real/ghost electric pole connections are internally handled which fixes several inconsistencies and this is one of them, so it is fixed for the next release.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

Post by AntiElitz »

Glad it was still in time! Great to see this fixed.

farcast
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.6] Power pole connections will be dropped randomly and cause isolated power polesas

Post by farcast »

I'm having this problem in [1.1.30], was it reintroduced at some point?
Efficient inefficient design.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

farcast wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:50 pm
I'm having this problem in [1.1.30], was it reintroduced at some point?
Make a new and complete report following 3638.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”