Topics and discussion about specific mods
valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10 BUG

Post by valneq »

dan1216dan wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:12 pm
There is a bug at the minute that does not let this pack work as when the game loads it detects a loop in the tech tree and the game wont load
This was reported a handful of posts above yours already.
viewtopic.php?p=518313#p518313

lightdark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Post by lightdark »

I'm running into a different error in the sea block mod itself. I tried disabling all mods then enabling just sea block, and it appears that the mod itself is trying to index a nil field when it loads. :(

The dependency loop issue doesn't seem to be there at least.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

The new angels release is out which should fix some bugs on angels side
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

One of the changes in Angel's Petrochemical Processing has broken Sea Block again. (Missing icon liquid-multi-phase-oil.png)
I've made a small helper mod to patch this and another minor Sea Block bug. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/kiwihawksseablockpatch
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:38 am
One of the changes in Angel's Petrochemical Processing has broken Sea Block again. (Missing icon liquid-multi-phase-oil.png)
I've made a small helper mod to patch this and another minor Sea Block bug. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/kiwihawksseablockpatch
In angel we removed a lot of obsolete 'old' icons. This is one of them, it must be seablock that is trying to reuse it. Trainwreck should use the newer functions to generate the icons instead. (@Trainwreck: you can always msg in discord if you need help figuring it out)
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

So the fix would be (This is just copy pasting from the mod posted above):
```
icons = angelsmods.functions.create_liquid_recipe_icon(
{
"crude-oil",
"gas-raw-1"
},
{{100, 100, 100}, {171, 161, 055}, {127, 163, 109}}
)
```
and remove the icon field

Warderbrad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Warderbrad »

I went to download the pack but it said that the Angelsassons-Warehouses did not have a compatible version. It lets me install but with no underlying mods. Is there a way to tell it to install what can be installed?

If not what other work around do I have to get it to work?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Warderbrad wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm
I went to download the pack but it said that the Angelsassons-Warehouses did not have a compatible version. It lets me install but with no underlying mods. Is there a way to tell it to install what can be installed?

If not what other work around do I have to get it to work?
The dedicated warehouses mod was merged with the other storage addons from Angel's into one:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsaddons-storage
The individual mods were marked as deprecated. Trainwreck's Seablock Pack does not reflect that change yet.

[edit]
there is a fork of the seablock meatapackage that does reflect this change:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockMetaPackUpdated
you might have to also take a look at KiwiHawk's patch for Seablock:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/kiwihawksseablockpatch
[/edit]

Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lowest0ne »

remarkablysilly wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am
just started a new game and early game is now a lot slower with the new update not sure this was intended.
before you could research green algae processing for 40 red science now it takes 300, because water treatment has electronics as prerequisite.
without access to the green algae II recipe power is a big problem.
for me it feels a little slow now.
I also updated and am noticing this, glad I installed it correctly. It's a bummer for sure, though it makes sense. Green algae processing unlocks the Mk2 algae machine, and that machine requires green circuits. I don't know why it requires water treatment, but I figure it has to do with a non-seablock player, who might be dealing with mineralized water for the first time after doing slag slurry.
kenlon wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:06 pm
. . aaaand after spending a bit of time with Helmod in both 0.17.19 (the last pre-18 version) and 1.0, I can tell you that starting out in Seablock is drastically easier than it used to be, fuel-wise.
The problem isn't making electricity, the problem is the electricity output per landfill/iron/stone brick.

An algae farm running Algae I makes enough spare electricity to run an electrolizer. Without pipes/assemblers/etc, this costs 75 landfill. It will take the electrolizer 25 minutes to pay this cost back. After 12 farms and electrolizers, the player runs out of starting iron/bricks, and the break-even time for making an electrolizer reaches over an hour. However, an algae farm running Algae II can supply 5 electrolizers (one of which it needs for itself). The break-even for landfill for this is 15 minutes, and that is four electrolizers now in the green.

Researching Algae 2 requires 300 pieces of science. The player can already afford this in iron, so it's a matter of making 300 pieces of copper. This requires 6100 pieces of slag. Assuming a player who has just started built 4 electrolizers, it will take 100 minutes. The player could make 8 more electrolizers, getting the total time down to 50-60 minutes or so. But, at that point, the starting resources are completely gone (and there probably isn't enough pipes to even do it, 4 more electrolizers is probably safe). It's basically a question of 100 minutes of being afk, or 20 minutes of building something followed by 40 minutes of afk followed by tearing down everything that was done in those 20 minutes.

I think the play is to make slurry. Slurry is unlocked after 100 copper, and 200 pieces of copper from slurry only takes 750 pieces of slag. And, now you have free mineralized water from waste treatment.

Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lowest0ne »

So, having done it, I'm quite happy with this base at the moment. As you see, I'm running Braver New World. This is Factorio v1.0. The base is 3 and a half hours in, I just finished green algae research. I got the slurry going around halfway through electronics, though it would have been sooner if I had the idea sooner. Copper is fine, iron is tight, the accumulators charge when there are no bots in the air, I was switching the landfill assembler to stone sometimes, and I have no basic circuits left, no power poles. It's actually the perfect timing for algae 2. I have 2k basic circuits worth of brown algea, so I guess the plan is to expand until I need to make trees. Cool mod, thank you very much.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Lowest0ne wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 am
Nice. You should mention, that bnw has additional start resources and machines, which are quite helful as Starter bonus.
I would propose to setup an algae 1 Farm for wooden boards. 1 or 2 are plenty and yield excess charcoal or wood bricks for power poles.
Also i would focus on green science and get electrodes up asap. Advanced smelting can be setup inbetween also for tin and lead.

Vilkra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vilkra »

Is it possible to use seablock in 1.1. Are mods updating?

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Vilkra wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:05 am
Is it possible to use seablock in 1.1. Are mods updating?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlock/ ... 398100ace4

"Most of the work updating the mod has already been done. Just waiting for SpaceX to be updated before we put out a new version."

Saienai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Saienai »

So having played a bit of seablock during 0.18 and coming back to it now, I was kind of hoping that paper would have been re-balanced enough to make it worth beyond the first 30 minutes of gameplay. Anyone know if there is a plan for it, or is it considered balanced enough (when compared with tree farming) in regular A&B and not really a priority within the seablock mod? I know that in regular A&B its harder to find the special trees, though I would think that with the new ability to create more via bio tokens would cause the only reason for paper (infinite scalability) to be lost.

In any case, I decided to have a go at balancing it myself (which I packaged into the kiwi seablock patch since... i havent really touched mod making until now except for moving recipes around through the shiny icons mod). If anyone wants to give it a try, even just through helmod, I would really appreciate it. Planning on using these changes for my own run, but dont want to discover 50 hours in that I missed something obvious and/or super cheaty.

Overall changes:

1 - removal of wood -> wooden boards (wood to boards now has to go through paper)
2 - removal of wood 3 research (this only had wooden boards recipe in it)
3 - rename of "wooden board" to "fibre board" to more align with process
4 - buffed up paper 1,2,3
-> required time is now 5s (instead of 4s)
-> requires 10x the amount of pulp
-> produces 10x the amount of paper
(overall result: ~8x the speed originally, with 10x less extra input & byproducts; the original recipes were super slow, plus I found no reason to ever use T2 and T3 since the actual production of pulp is the simplest part, so better to just deal with needing more pulp than with the required materials of paper T2/T3)
5 - made wooden board (from paper) now be craftable in bob electronic assembly machines (same as wood -> boards previously)
6 - made wooden board recipe (from paper) now accept productivity modules
7 - wooden board recipe (from paper) is now 4 boards from 10 paper in 1 sec instead of 1 board from 2 paper in 4 sec
-> boosted production speed
-> slight increase in paper required
-> set up such that this part of the process doesnt overshadow absolutely every other part (via huge number of assembly machines doing exactly the same thing)
-> 10 input works nicely with boosted paper recipes, and slight increase in paper usage balances things out.
8 - boosted amount of wood from tree farming (3x increase of wood per tree)
-> was necessary due to algae 2 vs tree farming with tree farming originally only winning out due to the wood to board direct recipe
-> now algae 2 vs tree farming 1 is roughly equal, with tree farming 2 & 3 becoming worth setting up a complete tree farm (as compared to just spamming algae farms)
9 - boosted wood to fibre recipe (2s -> 1s)
-> once again, making tree farming competitive
10 - decrease the number of seeds per sec generated by the seed generators (15s -> 30s production times)
-> since the unique-trees are clonable via bio-tokens, plus with the 3x boost to wood production, need to decrease ease of setting up a massive tree farm

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wntzhribfl19w ... 1.zip?dl=1

3ara3ik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3ara3ik »

version 1.0

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

3ara3ik wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:49 pm
version 1.0
You need this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/kiwihawksseablockpatch

3ara3ik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3ara3ik »

What about 1.1?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

3ara3ik wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:07 am
What about 1.1?
its being worked on

Dimava
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dimava »

3ara3ik wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:07 am
What about 1.1?

I've fixed all mods for 1.1
(mostly just changing required version in info.json)
https://mega.nz/file/4iA3iSCL#05Gl5TFYn ... b79Zy28_Jc

(all other mods have 1.1 version on mod portal)

Dimava
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dimava »

Also Agriculture Modules is OP

(not because rates, but because there are alot of 'agriculture' recipes that probably should not be ones)

Return to “Mods”