Nauvis Post Collapse 1.0 (Pre-Alpha)

This is the place to share custom user maps, scenarios, and campaigns.
lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nauvis Post Collapse (16GB ram minimum required)

Post by lilstrip »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w0wvbn3u ... 0.zip/file

made this mod for starsector, you will need shadowyards to make it work
there are other ships included and might add more to it in the future

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

TheCornishman wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm
I thought I'd try the intermediate step, and yes! I can load the save from 0.17.79 in 1.0! I saved it again, upgraded to 1.1 again, and tried to open the save. It fails, though, with the message

Code: Select all

/home/jonathan/.factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:24: attempt to call field 'get_events' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/home/jonathan/.factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:24: in main chunk
I'm getting a similar error when trying to carry my existing pre-1.0 save forward. I can load and save it with 1.0, but can't open that 1.0 save with 1.1 or higher. Any thoughts on a fix? I'm willing to patch the save if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

malventano wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:09 pm
TheCornishman wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:00 pm
I thought I'd try the intermediate step, and yes! I can load the save from 0.17.79 in 1.0! I saved it again, upgraded to 1.1 again, and tried to open the save. It fails, though, with the message

/home/jonathan/.factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:24: attempt to call field 'get_events' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
I'm getting a similar error when trying to carry my existing pre-1.0 save forward. I can load and save it with 1.0, but can't open that 1.0 save with 1.1 or higher. Any thoughts on a fix? I'm willing to patch the save if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Have you tried using the new version which I published on the mod portal?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nauvis-Post-Collapse

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

lilstrip wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:15 am

I installed the new version from the mod portal, but it didn’t seem to have any impact on loading the existing save. This save was started way back as a scenario, so I’m not sure if something has carried forward from that point and is not being overridden by the new version?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

malventano wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 pm
lilstrip wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:15 am

I installed the new version from the mod portal, but it didn’t seem to have any impact on loading the existing save. This save was started way back as a scenario, so I’m not sure if something has carried forward from that point and is not being overridden by the new version?
open up your save file and replace lua with the one from 1.1 scenario version.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:11 pm
open up your save file and replace lua with the one from 1.1 scenario version.
The control.lua in my save file is identical to the one in the 1.0.2 (1.1) scenario version.
Allyn Malventano
---

Radish
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Radish »

stack traceback:
I have similar problem. But i don't use any mods...
failed_to_load_1.0_in_1.1.5.png
failed_to_load_1.0_in_1.1.5.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 8069 times

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

If you try to open the map as a scenario in the scenario editor it might work. Honestly I have no idea how you guys create so many errors with this scenario xD

Its completely vanilla and I ported it multiple times from the old 0.17 and even 0.16 versions with no issues. My best guess is you guys are screwing up the installation part but if you keep encountering issues hit me up on discord and ill try to help out if I have free time

ttp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ttp »

Get the same error here,

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:24: attempt to call field 'get_events' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:24: in main chunk

when trying to start a new game with the scenario.

Factorio version 1.1.6, updated sequentially from 1.1.0 (afair)

So far i havent tried with old savegames, as they are version 0.17

Anyway - Hopefully it will work eventually,. Really like this scenario :D

TheCornishman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Nauvis Post Collapse 1.0 (Pre-Alpha)

Post by TheCornishman »

lilstrip wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:51 pm
Honestly I have no idea how you guys create so many errors with this scenario xD
Oh, we're good at it! :) Let me explain...
Having failed to get the scenario working with 1.1 experimental, see previous posts, I decided to wait until 1.1 was stable. I downloaded the v1.1 scenario from the mod portal again and unpacked it in the scenarios folder:

jonathan@Odin:~/.factorio/scenarios$ md5sum Nauvis-Post-Collapse_1.0.2.zip
19c78bed6c2a6edd6af98b3ceffc8808  Nauvis-Post-Collapse_1.0.2.zip
jonathan@Odin:~/.factorio/scenarios$ ls Nauvis_Post_Collapse_V.1.0_OUTDATED/
blueprint.zip  control.lua  info.json  locale  script.dat  thumbnail.png
Seeing the name of the unpacked folder, I went back and checked that I really had downloaded v1.1.

As of this morning, my Factorio version is 1.1.21 (build 58049, linux64) on Steam. I have disabled all mods (except Base mod!). Selecting Single Player, New Game and then Nauvis_Post_Collapse_V.1.0_OUTDATED from the Scenarios list, I get the following error message, which is subtly different to the one I used to get, which is progress of some sort :)

/home/jonathan/.factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:69: attempt to call field 'add_commands' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/home/jonathan/.factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:69: in main chunk
Line 69 from control.lua in Nauvis-Post-Collapse_1.0.2.zip:

silo_script.add_commands() 
Control.lua is identical in my pre-Factorio-1.0 NPC saves and in the current Nauvis-Post-Collapse-1.0.2.zip downloaded scenario (CRC32 705a7823, md5sum 47a78346483927be3eecbcef264c4fb6)

Because subtlety is not one of my major faults, I tried just commenting out line 69 (pre-pending two dashes)

--silo_script.add_commands() 
As expected, this didn't work, but got further into the startup than before. A window with a lot of information about removed items and obsolete blueprints pops up, then the freeplay window, and then a non-recoverable error (see factorio-current.log attached). :?

First of all, it seems to me that the removal of all the crash-site-* entities is a big deal for this scenario - maybe we'd need a mod to put them back? Also there's the Removed blueprint messages at the end of the Migrated Content dialog (screenshots attached).

TL;DR - I still can't get Nauvis Post-Collapse to work with the final release of Factorio. If I cannot ever go back, I'll have the best memories of exploring all over your fabulous creation, tinged with regret that new players will never have that chance. I know times are hard, and catering for us is not going to be your priority. I've bunged a few quid onto Patreon as a small repayment for many hours of great gameplay.
Jonathan
Attachments
Screenshot_20210207_111319.png
Screenshot_20210207_111319.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 7745 times
Screenshot_20210207_111223.png
Screenshot_20210207_111223.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 7745 times
factorio-current.log
(5.34 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

2.0 is a WIP, the project isn't dead, in fact its never seen better days... We are working in collab with Earendel and the mod Space Exploration will play a big part both story wise and also gameplay wise

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

lilstrip wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 pm
2.0 is a WIP, the project isn't dead, in fact its never seen better days... We are working in collab with Earendel and the mod Space Exploration will play a big part both story wise and also gameplay wise
Even with Earendel now working for Wube? I've noticed updates and his presence have been missing since a little before the announcement that he is now on the Factorio staff. Is the collab with you on NPC going to be a realllly long one? Would sure be interested in seeing that soon!

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

badtouchatr wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 am
lilstrip wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 pm
Even with Earendel now working for Wube? I've noticed updates and his presence have been missing since a little before the announcement that he is now on the Factorio staff. Is the collab with you on NPC going to be a realllly long one? Would sure be interested in seeing that soon!
for his work on Factorio, he's likely a part time artist. I certainly hope he has nothing to do with decisions on the expansion's balance in any way.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

Just learned tonight hes working at Wube now and this changes nothing lmao

In fact another guy in the team might join Wube and we are going to discuss this tomorrow. If anything this recent change actually makes things easier :)

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

I added a little snippet of this beautiful map into the unofficial Factorio Hall of Fame.
I can't wait to see what you and your team comes up with for Version 2. Good luck with the development!

Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

Thanks! I cant wait to get back to work on the project! I have so many things in mind but to really flesh this out properly I want to have enough money to hire artists and a programmer so this can really reach its full potential.

If I had 1 million dollars right now I would be working full time on this project but with 2000$ and that going down fast I have to focus on what is more important for the time being :/

This project will only benefit from this break and the only way it wont go anywhere is if I get cancer or something like that :P

Return to “Maps and Scenarios”