Health/Shield/Battery bars above quick bars or character/vehicle quick inventory

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Health/Shield/Battery bars above quick bars or character/vehicle quick inventory

Post by Hexicube »

Some of the sneak peeks at 1.1 show more graphically pleasing UI for the battery indicators, but there isn't any sign of changed health/shield bars. In 1.0 they're pretty ugly, not stylised to match the rest of the UI.

Mockup of proposal:

Ideally the bars would also have little icons to state what they represent (plus symbol for health, for instance).

Not sure how it should look in various situations that would not result in bars, but I would assume:

- No armour that takes modules (only HP bar for character)
- Not in a vehicle (character bars take up full width?)
- Vehicle doesn't take modules (same as player)
- Player/Vehicle takes modules, but no armour/battery (always empty?)
- Player cannot die (HP bar always full?)

These bars could also instead be above the appropriate UI block that 1.1 adds for the character and their current vehicle (if any), which in 1.0 is either the character or vehicle sitting bottom-right.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Health/Shield/Battery bars above quick bars or character/vehicle quick inventory

Post by ssilk »

I like the base of this idea, which is, that you can put some kind of information into the hot bar. I’m not sure if it should be the shields in that form. We need to play around with this idea a bit more. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TheoMarque
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Health/Shield/Battery bars above quick bars or character/vehicle quick inventory

Post by TheoMarque »

Maybe on left not above? On left we have empty space and more of us have wide screens.

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sad_Brother »

Hexicube wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 am
Ideally the bars would also have little icons to state what they represent (plus symbol for health, for instance).
Different colors to not misread it.

For now health/shield hidden if full iirc. What would be now?

Also. Would player's shield cover vehicle? Wasted resource?

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hexicube »

ssilk wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:02 am
I like the base of this idea, which is, that you can put some kind of information into the hot bar. I’m not sure if it should be the shields in that form. We need to play around with this idea a bit more. :)
The idea was to have anything combat-relevant there, which would be those three things.
TheoMarque wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 pm
Maybe on left not above? On left we have empty space and more of us have wide screens.
Vertical space would be an issue, hence the alternative of putting the bars above the character UI area (where you put your 3 guns and ammo) and the vehicle equivalent.
Sad_Brother wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 pm
Hexicube wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:13 am
Different colors to not misread it.

For now health/shield hidden if full iirc. What would be now?

Also. Would player's shield cover vehicle? Wasted resource?
Forgot to mention that health is red/white (vehicles use white for it), shields are purple, and batteries are green.
It would remain visible if full, but I guess it could be an option?
The spidertron can also have shields separate to your own in 1.0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”