Blueprints in "my blueprints" and the inventory linked

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bulkje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Blueprints in "my blueprints" and the inventory linked

Post by Bulkje »

Why are ''My blueprints" and the blueprints in my inventory linked? When I delete a blueprint from my inventory it deletes that one from "My blueprints". Is that intended? The blueprint library was good before, whyyyy

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints in "my blueprints" and the inventory linked

Post by Qon »

It doesn't happen as you describe it.

The quickbar is not an inventory. It is just a link to things. Those things can be in your inventory or in your library.

Try to avoid putting blueprints in you character inventory, always put them in you library instead. Don't copy blueprints, it will confuse you if you have multiple identical copies. Don't press the DELETE button on blueprints you want to keep.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

The blueprint library and inventory are not linked - the difference is that now the blueprint library acts like any other inventory. If you move something out of the library, it actually moves out of the library. It's a lot more intuitive and easy to use than the old system (in my opinion).

The only linking that ever happens is with the quickbar - and that has been a thing since March 2019, with v0.17.0.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Yoyobuae
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Yoyobuae »

TL;DR;
Don't use the Delete button unless you really, really, really want to loose what's on the blueprint.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”