Information about releases and roadmap.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Version 1.0.0

Post by ssilk »

FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 am
[*]Reverted mining drill sound to the 0.17 version with high pitched part removed.
[*]Reverted inserter, furnace and assembling machine sounds to the 0.17 version.
What is the reason behind that? I mean, in the end I don't mind. But it was such an effort in creating the new sounds. (And I somehow liked them in the end)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zemerson
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zemerson »

Congradulations. Played since 0.10, it's been a fun ride.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

ssilk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:58 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 am
[*]Reverted mining drill sound to the 0.17 version with high pitched part removed.
[*]Reverted inserter, furnace and assembling machine sounds to the 0.17 version.
What is the reason behind that? I mean, in the end I don't mind. But it was such an effort in creating the new sounds. (And I somehow liked them in the end)
This thread might help you get the story behind the revert.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

wohoo spidertron a requested feature for a very long time, and oh boy is it expensive, i some what expected it to use fuel, but with 2 fusion cores in it's recipe yeah i guess it can move on it's own power.

recommendations:
- if a nuke is loaded into it's launcher, it should not auto fire it with in range of any same force objects that are in it's blast radius.
- request that it not just have launchers, perhaps 2 guns, 1 cannon, 1 launcher, or allow the configuration to be able to be set by the player.

congrats again on 1.0 and enjoy your vacation. when you work on your next project the implementation of a blog such as the FFF is a very good idea, if you plan to continue to develop factorio and return to releasing a regularly scheduled blog, i am sure it will be well received.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Philip017 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:06 pm
wohoo spidertron a requested feature for a very long time, and oh boy is it expensive, i some what expected it to use fuel, but with 2 fusion cores in it's recipe yeah i guess it can move on it's own power.

recommendations:
- if a nuke is loaded into it's launcher, it should not auto fire it with in range of any same force objects that are in it's blast radius.
- request that it not just have launchers, perhaps 2 guns, 1 cannon, 1 launcher, or allow the configuration to be able to be set by the player.

congrats again on 1.0 and enjoy your vacation. when you work on your next project the implementation of a blog such as the FFF is a very good idea, if you plan to continue to develop factorio and return to releasing a regularly scheduled blog, i am sure it will be well received.
Why two guns but only one launcher? What about the railgun, shotgun, or flamethrower?
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Congrats on 1.0! This game has become absolutely amazing since the pre-alpha version! It's probably one of the most stable games I have ever seen and it devours my life when I play it :lol:

Keep on making quality games and putting that extra effort into them!

Florian
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Florian »

Congratulations and many thanks for your great work.

acidcrash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by acidcrash »

posila wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm
asdff45 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 pm
One simple question: Are mods automatically compatible, if they where marked for 0.18?
I wanted to adjust my mods, so they are compatible with v1.0, but it seems like they will be loaded automatically...
Yes, 1.0 can load 0.18 mods, so unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 brokes something for you, you don't need to adjust your mods.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a backup before patching and the update has some 25+ mods I was using. So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

acidcrash wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 am
posila wrote:
asdff45 wrote:
One simple question: Are mods automatically compatible, if they where marked for 0.18?
I wanted to adjust my mods, so they are compatible with v1.0, but it seems like they will be loaded automatically...
Yes, 1.0 can load 0.18 mods, so unless some of the changes between 0.18.47 and 1.0.0 brokes something for you, you don't need to adjust your mods.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a backup before patching and the update has some 25+ mods I was using. So no, not all mods automatically transfer from 0.18
What do you mean with "transfer"?

KunibertSegensreich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KunibertSegensreich »

Congratulations!

roidal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by roidal »

👍

x123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by x123 »

Congratulations.

Just FYI: The mac download still has alpha in the filename.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

x123 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:38 am
Congratulations.

Just FYI: The mac download still has alpha in the filename.
viewtopic.php?p=506689#p506689
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

Okay some suggestions:

As said before Wube logo stand out too much on loading screen, and spidertron needs some tuning, four rocket launchers is cool and all, but would like to see ability to change weapons on it (Guns, flamethrower?) would like to see remote way to replenish it's inventory, I like the idea of logistics network (request/trash), and thanks for all your hard work! :mrgreen:

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Filter62 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:57 pm
would like to see remote way to replenish it's inventory, I like the idea of logistics network (request/trash), and thanks for all your hard work! :mrgreen:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Equipment ... sticModule
Trashes non-filtered, requests filtered slots. If you insert the module in the grid.
You can't copy filters from one spider to another or anything like that though. And you can't blueprint them. And you need to insert modules manually.

But you can control an army of them with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Spider_Control

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

Qon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:43 pm
Filter62 wrote:
would like to see remote way to replenish it's inventory, I like the idea of logistics network (request/trash), and thanks for all your hard work! :mrgreen:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Equipment ... sticModule
Trashes non-filtered, requests filtered slots. If you insert the module in the grid.
You can't copy filters from one spider to another or anything like that though. And you can't blueprint them. And you need to insert modules manually.

But you can control an army of them with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Spider_Control
Thanks, but I don't use mods. ;)

KnightViper18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KnightViper18 »

It's so damn beautiful, I'm gunna cry!

acidcrash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by acidcrash »

Qon wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am
acidcrash wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:01 am
posila wrote:
asdff45 wrote:
What do you mean with "transfer"?
sorry I'll rephrase, not all mods will work out of the box post-patch that were 0.18 compatible (not copy & pasting or anything)

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Ajick wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:11 pm
This is normal? :shock: :D

Spidertron1.png
Spidertron2.png
Yes - like a real spider trying to clinch as far as possible to dry land as he avoids walking over water.
A very, very clever implementation on basis of real behaviour of spiders in the nature.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Filter62 wrote:
Okay some suggestions:

As said before Wube logo stand out too much on loading screen,
I like it as it is

Return to “Releases”