Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
ZET
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #360 - 1.0 is here!

Post by ZET »

It was a wonderful experience to share this path with you, I´m gonna miss the FFF though.
Congratulations in this epic milestone!

ZET

herrkocur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by herrkocur »

I second (or whichever person I am) for monthly updates, I got sad when reading about about end of FFF.
Anyway proud of 1.0, quality, joy it brings and everything around it.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

that WUBE logo on the Factorio splash screen is farkin ugly.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Omarflyjoemacky wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:40 pm

2 million copies, times say... 100 hours each average game play (a very conservative number considering I'm closing in on 3000).

200 million hours of fun, and still counting. Or time wasted. Or therapy time. Or time with friends. Or without. :)

That estimates approximately 22,831 years of time. THAT is an incredible number.
a conservative value would be 1 hour per player. i really doubt most of the 2 million copies sold have even been installed/launched let alone play 100 hours of it.. just extrapolating from my shitload of "good games" in my library that i've never opened.

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

Congratulations on the launch!

I'm sure the dev team might still be in a bit of a stressed state, waiting to see how 1.0 works out, if there any any crazy bugs, etc.
Fingers crossed that it's a smooth one.

That being said, when we do get past the post-launch anxiety, I think now is a good time to do a flashback to 2013, where the devs promised on the indigogo: "personal thank you haiku from developers".

I don't recall ever getting one, and frankly I don't care, this isn't about being a dick to the devs about promises made a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

But can we get a launch haiku? I think it'd be super cool of the Wube team came up with one together.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Hanse00 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:59 pm
I don't recall ever getting one
is it not in the EULA?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

CrushedIce wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm
I noticed that the 1.0 update on steam is marked as "small update". Maybe you should mark it as big because big updates are featured on the main page.
In general I think a bit of advertisement on steam could help but I don't know how thats working
Well, they're on the header in the Steam store (which I'm guessing is probably paid):
img.png
img.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 4871 times
They're also on the front page of Hacker News (not paid).

I haven't seen anyone out of the ordinary covering it on Youtube yet, so I'm not sure about all of their plans there.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Mday
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mday »

Hi guys from Wube,
With this last post, a long time of checking every friday comes to an end for me. I've sunk hundreds of hours into Factorio, and saw it grow since... .15, Earlier, I think. One sec while I get to my cliché closet... Ah yes. Time flies when you're having fun. And fun, it was. Seeing new version numbers almost every week. quicker belts. High resolution textures. New technologies. QoL upgrades. Trying them all out; liking them, disliking them. I feel like I developed along side of you through playing. But that'd be painfully remiss of me to compare my challenges to yours. It's absolutely incredible. Based on all the other players, I probably just scratched the surface of what Factorio can do. But I played to have fun and well, I already mentioned I have.

I would like to thank you all for your hard work, your updates, your very specific developer troubles but also personal considerations. It's been a ride, and I truly hope you look back and feel a sense of fulfillment. I know that's particularly hard when you're building a game that forc...encourages optimization. But still. Be proud. You guys are what I see as the best Indie developers in the world, with structure, follow-up and open to dialogue while very clear in your course.
It's weird to see it come to 'an end'. But also it's great to see it did. Be proud. Thank you.

PS: Wait is that godd*mn spidertron

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

ptx0 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Hanse00 wrote:
is it not in the EULA?
Either you just successfully trolled me into reading the terms again, or I'm blind and I don't see it.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

Congrats on 1.0!

For me it's been a 5 year addiction that I take an occasional break from then jump back in and love it to bits over and over again. 3000+ hours later and I am still looking forward to continue my PyLife game tonight (but only at 18.47 so the Spidertron has to wait)

_CJ_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by _CJ_ »

No way! SPIDERTRON is real! :o :o :o this is huge! Thanks guys and grats on this 1.0.0 achievement! :)

A bit sad that FFF comes to an end and I hope it will become something like FMF (monthly facts) and also we get some new friday fact with you next game (I hope there will be another)! :) But for now enjoy well deserved rest and probably hard thinking about future :)

Well excuse me my spider sense is tingling... :ugeek:

CrushedIce
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CrushedIce »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm
CrushedIce wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:21 pm
I noticed that the 1.0 update on steam is marked as "small update". Maybe you should mark it as big because big updates are featured on the main page.
In general I think a bit of advertisement on steam could help but I don't know how thats working
Well, they're on the header in the Steam store (which I'm guessing is probably paid):

img.png

They're also on the front page of Hacker News (not paid).

I haven't seen anyone out of the ordinary covering it on Youtube yet, so I'm not sure about all of their plans there.
Oh great! When I checked it earlier there was nothing about Factorio on the main page :D

We are now also in the topseller list :)

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Congratulations to the team to bring us such an amazing game! Thanks for all the hours I have and will enjoy on your game. <3
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Congratulations to the whole team at this fantastic achievement. This has been my “forever” game since I bought it in the 0.10 timeframe. So many amazing milestones (rocket silo, multiplayer, Steam release, and so many more!) and experiences, and many more yet to come now that it’s officially out in the world.

This is the game that finally got me to make a mod, and it’s been an experience of personal growth alongside the game. Take a rest lads, you’ve earned it, and we’ll see you back here for v1.1!
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _Attila_ »

Congrats to all! Very nice job and you can all be very proud of yourselves.
Attila's QuickBar Mod - Auto-links hand crafted item to first free quickbar slot if not already linked.
Attila's Signals Mod - Alternate signals to use in same circuit as standard signals.
Attila's Zoom Mod - Modifies zoom functionality.

Kinson25
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kinson25 »

SPIDERTRON! =D It is looking awesome. I am sad to see my FFF going away, I have read it every week, but I look forward to your newsletters. Congrats on the release, and thank you for all of the work you have done to create such an amazing game!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hanse00 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:51 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:02 pm
Hanse00 wrote:
is it not in the EULA?
Either you just successfully trolled me into reading the terms again, or I'm blind and I don't see it.
A least 2 people read the EULA XD.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

jamezhall wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am
2020 keeps on giving.. No more FFF.... RIP.
This seems an odd choice to me. Why shift to an email newsletter and not just continue posting whatever/whenever to the same existing channel that the FFF's used? Just turn it into 'Updates' or something, maybe even still only post them on Friday (just not every Friday)?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

CrushedIce
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CrushedIce »

malventano wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:49 pm
jamezhall wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am
2020 keeps on giving.. No more FFF.... RIP.
This seems an odd choice to me. Why shift to an email newsletter and not just continue posting whatever/whenever to the same existing channel that the FFF's used? Just turn it into 'Updates' or something, maybe even still only post them on Friday (just not every Friday)?
The way I understood it is that you get an email notification for new blog posts (because you don't know when the next one will be, such that you dont have to check regularly)

JonGalt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JonGalt »

I don't post much but I have to echo the sentiments of everyone here. Amazing game from an amazing team. Your high standards, dedication and great communication are all appreciated and show up in your quality product. Take a deep breath and enjoy this milestone.

I'd also like to give a shout out to whoever animated the spidertron. This person/team spent a while watching videos of actual spiders and worked hard to animate this. Well done!

Return to “News”