Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.7

Post by MrRozdor »

The same story with lithium-processing which requires chemical-processing-1

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

@Trainwreck (and others) - Can we consider adding Angels' Industries to the Seablock mod pack? The major reason for it would be to get the new Nuclear Overhaul recipes that Pez put together that are right up Seablock's alley. I can confirm that it works fine if you install it over the current seablock modpack. I think it provides a really nice enhancement, especially since we had to take the Nuclear Fuel mod out due to conflicts with Bob's.

All the components / science overhaul stuff is optional in Angels' Industries so you don't have to take those changes (unless you want them at any rate). They are controlled by mod settings. They default to off IIRC, so the nuclear overhaul would be the big thing we want.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:50 pm
According to this bug report, it seems like seablock is swapping the thermal extractor to an assembling machine/furnace, which is logical for it's use case. However, with the latest release, a thermal bore was introduced with a slower crafting speed. In seablock both have a crafting speed of 1, while in angels, the bore has an extraction speed of 0.75 and the extractor has an extraction speed of 2.
The thermal bore and thermal extractor use different recipes in sea block. The thermal bore recipe produces 5 thermal water in 10 seconds. The thermal extractor recipe produces 100 thermal water in 5 seconds.
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:07 am
I recently had a bug report on angels forums, saying silicon processing cannot be researched as the prerequisite chemical processing 2 is disabled. It's seablock that is disabling this, hence seablock has to remove the prerequisite on the silicon processing tech.
Can't find any mention of chemical-processing-2 in the sea block code.
evandy wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 pm
@Trainwreck (and others) - Can we consider adding Angels' Industries to the Seablock mod pack? The major reason for it would be to get the new Nuclear Overhaul recipes that Pez put together that are right up Seablock's alley. I can confirm that it works fine if you install it over the current seablock modpack. I think it provides a really nice enhancement, especially since we had to take the Nuclear Fuel mod out due to conflicts with Bob's.

All the components / science overhaul stuff is optional in Angels' Industries so you don't have to take those changes (unless you want them at any rate). They are controlled by mod settings. They default to off IIRC, so the nuclear overhaul would be the big thing we want.
I don't plan on adding any mods to the pack for 0.18. When factorio 1.0 arrives I'll probably add angelsindustries, as long as it's reasonably complete. The tech overhaul means ScienceCostTweaker would be redundant and would be removed.
Does angelsindustries still give those big logistic system chests at green science level? Seemed a bit overpowered last time I checked. Might need to tweak a few tech prerequisites to get things balanced nicely.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.8

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.8 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-7-5, version 0.4.8:
  • Update mods to latest versions.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Trainwreck wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:03 am
evandy wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:22 pm

I don't plan on adding any mods to the pack for 0.18. When factorio 1.0 arrives I'll probably add angelsindustries, as long as it's reasonably complete. The tech overhaul means ScienceCostTweaker would be redundant and would be removed.
Does angelsindustries still give those big logistic system chests at green science level? Seemed a bit overpowered last time I checked. Might need to tweak a few tech prerequisites to get things balanced [nicely.
The tech overhaul is (for now) off by default, so adding industries wouldn't give it to you (unless you turned it on). That said, given that Mexmer has said that he isn't really maintaining SCT, doesn't seem like a bad idea at all to be looking at Angels' Tech overhaul to take over that role at some point. Thanks for at least considering it - once the Tech Overhaul is ready, that makes 2 things that it slots back into seablock for (nuclear & tech).

Industries does have SlowBots and BigChests (which are geographically big, but don't really hold that much). Lovely_Santa mentioned to me that he'd be open to adding an option to turns those off if needed, so you could always chat him up about that. Personally, I think that having logistics completely locked behind purple science is a little far down the tech-tree - unlocking some stuff at least at blue would be something to consider. Having watched Rain9441 and SMTaishan's BNW/Seablock playthroughs kind of reinforces the notion that having bots, especially construction bots, isn't really a cheat early on. Seablock is challenging enough as is. You could always nerf them by making them expensive so they can't be spammed if you want to. You might consider going down the road of storage/passive provider chests early, and requester chests late? Something to think about at any rate.

Will keep my eyes out for how this ends up.

Montie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Montie »

I seem to be having an issue (I've probably missed something)

Wood pellets say 8 MJ and charcoal is 3MJ and when I try to use the charcoal it is used up within seconds. However I expected charcoal to be a superior fuel.

Any ideas?

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

Montie wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:00 am
I seem to be having an issue (I've probably missed something)

Wood pellets say 8 MJ and charcoal is 3MJ and when I try to use the charcoal it is used up within seconds. However I expected charcoal to be a superior fuel.

Any ideas?
It depends on your definition of superior. Turning wood pellets into bricks and burning them gives you more MJ total, but it's split over more items. Once you have charcoal pellets researched, that adds another extra MJ bonus and makes it more dense.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

I recently removed the Angels Industries and Nuclear (something overhaul something) mods and was getting ready to start looking into nuclear, but now I'm confused. Do I have a borked save, or is the Bobingabout process supposed to be locked behind a hidden tech, or is it itself supposed to be hidden?
Reprocessing nuclear fuel is the only way to get plutonium, and there is no way to increase my stocks of U-235 without warehousing tons of 238.

I tried extracting the Post#1 zip into an empty mods directory and rename config.ini, and the tech is the same. Thorium that has no use, plutonium from reprocessing is still the only way, and bobingabout is unresearchable.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Jemsterr wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:12 am
I recently removed the Angels Industries and Nuclear (something overhaul something) mods and was getting ready to start looking into nuclear, but now I'm confused. Do I have a borked save, or is the Bobingabout process supposed to be locked behind a hidden tech, or is it itself supposed to be hidden?
Reprocessing nuclear fuel is the only way to get plutonium, and there is no way to increase my stocks of U-235 without warehousing tons of 238.

I tried extracting the Post#1 zip into an empty mods directory and rename config.ini, and the tech is the same. Thorium that has no use, plutonium from reprocessing is still the only way, and bobingabout is unresearchable.
If you uninstalled Industries, then I have no idea what might have not ported over correctly. Based on (many) lengthy discussions with Santa and Pez, the bobbing-about process /is/ supposed to be available, both with and without the Angels' nuclear overhaul. But it could be your tech tree got weirded out - you could file a bug report over on Angels' and see if they can help unstick you. They'll likely want a copy of your save game.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

I wanted to be sure that it wasn't seablock disabling something, and this is how it was supposed to be before I reported it to bob/angel. (I was more likely to report to bob than angel, tbh)
Bobingabout.png
Bobingabout.png (95 KiB) Viewed 6496 times
(Edit: typo)

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

Found the culprit. It was NuclearFuel by GotLag. I had to run /c game.player.force.technologies["kovarex-enrichment-process"].enabled = true to re-enable kovarex.

It seem I also needed to re-enable thorium-processing, thorium-plutonium-fuel-cell, plutonium-fuel-cell, thorium-fuel-reprocessing and deuterium-fuel-reprocessing - wondering what else I might have broken. Really don't feel like starting my seablock all over again to fix this, lol.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Jemsterr wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 am
Found the culprit. It was NuclearFuel by GotLag. I had to run /c game.player.force.technologies["kovarex-enrichment-process"].enabled = true to re-enable kovarex.

It seem I also needed to re-enable thorium-processing, thorium-plutonium-fuel-cell, plutonium-fuel-cell, thorium-fuel-reprocessing and deuterium-fuel-reprocessing - wondering what else I might have broken. Really don't feel like starting my seablock all over again to fix this, lol.
That issue will probably affect anyone who has upgraded a 0.17 or earlier save to 0.18. I'll add a migration script to the next release to handle it.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Trainwreck wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 am
Jemsterr wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 am

That issue will probably affect anyone who has upgraded a 0.17 or earlier save to 0.18. I'll add a migration script to the next release to handle it.
I think it depends how deep in the tech tree you are when you disable the nuclear overhaul; I don’t recall that one, but I got the removal of nuclear overhaul before I had researched any of the predecessor techs. It’s also possible that one of angels reset all techs migration scripts fixed this on the side and I didn’t notice.

Glad you figured it out!

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

So spaceX completed. What next? Is there compatible mods what give more goals?

LuxSublima
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LuxSublima »

Thank you for making Sea Block Pack, I am absolutely loving this ultra-complicated long haul. :-D And the fact that it's almost all coming from sea water is really cool.

I don't mind how hard it is to find effective crafting patterns or how long it takes to progress - that was part of what attracted me to this mod.

One suggestion though: Get rid of drills and pumpjacks, since you can't use them.

Thanks again!

Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lowest0ne »

Hi all, this is my first post in this thread, so please forgive my general ignorance.

As my character has been doing research, I've noticed some things about the tech tree that are unintuitive to me. Particularly about tech requirements. For example, Tree Arboretum can be researched without having researched steel, electronic circuits, or farming (for the soil). This may result in a loopy research progression. Another situation is technologies that are directly connected to science packs that they have no business being connected to. One example is Advanced Cobalt Smelting 2, which is a direct descendant of red science packs, even though it is a blue science tech.

I count 157 technologies that are direct descendants of red science packs, while there are only 14 that can be researched without green science. Of those 14, there are 3 that are descendants even though they are useless without materials that are found later in progression (Metallurgy, Farming, and Arboretums.)

Is there any effort to make teching-up more streamlined in this regard, if no, why not?

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Lowest0ne wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:47 pm
I count 157 technologies that are direct descendants of red science packs, while there are only 14 that can be researched without green science. Of those 14, there are 3 that are descendants even though they are useless without materials that are found later in progression (Metallurgy, Farming, and Arboretums.)
There's a mod setting to make that go away. I never really saw the point of it, since you already can't research a tech that requires certain packs if you can't make those packs. It's under settings -> mod settings -> startup -> sciencecosttweaker -> connect science packs.

Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lowest0ne »

That's helpful, thanks. The point is that I don't really know what I want to research, so the easier it is for the tech screen to help me figure it out, the better.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Crixomix wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:41 am
Crixomix wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 pm
Cause to your point about angels industries, I've done seablock angelbobs (including angels industries) runs before (back before AI components/technology were a thing), and they worked great!
I do wanna note that only adding industries into the mix will work as expected, it's only when you enable the component and tech overhaul that you might run into some issues as I described before. I'm not saying you can't do it...
Gotcha. Well thank you for the input! I think I'll go without components/technology for now. Maybe wait for another few patches and maybe for when it's more happily compatible with bobs. :)
[/quote]

I can confirm that industries (without components/technology) works just fine with Seablock. I have been running with it since I started my game and no problems. The nuclear overhaul changes work very nicely with seablock; highly recommended!

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Looks that there is no recipe for lithia salt. So all lithium producst are broken

Return to “Mods”