Visual problem of interface scaling

Bugs that are actually features.
Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Visual problem of interface scaling

Post by Reygan »

I wanted to write about this problem for a very long time, but there was no time.
My problem is next:
When I set interface scale at normal (100%), half of the game windows are not fits the screen (my resolution is 1280*1024).
When I set interface scale at automatic (75%) - most of windows fits screen, but textual captions becames very hard to read and icons becames ugly and scalariform.
When scale is 125% - text is best for reading, icons are very clean and neat, but ingame winows becomes huge and game becomes unplayable at all :)

Could you fix this problem? For example to use raster (bitmap) font for the game, instead of vector (antialiased). Bitmap fonts are looks very good on LCD displays.
Or to add the option to alter the font size without changing interface size at all.

But anyway, you really have to add bitmat font to the game, antialiased fonts are really ugly ;)

In attachments are examples of interface scales and related to scale game outfit.
Attachments
Mods window, 125% scaling
Mods window, 125% scaling
mod-125.png (229.6 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Mods window, 100% scaling
Mods window, 100% scaling
mod-100.png (337.72 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Mods window, 75% scaling
Mods window, 75% scaling
mod-75.png (870.54 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Visual problem of interface scaling

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however the game requires a minimum resolution of 1920x1080 for everything to fit on screen at 100% scaling (default). If things don't show correctly when you a have lower resolution than that we aren't going to be working on them.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Reygan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Visual problem of interface scaling

Post by Reygan »

Understood. But you have to know - very much people, who likes Factorio have not such big displays ;)

At least, could you change the game font, to make it not antialiased?
Daniel V. Lenskiy

Return to “Not a bug”