Version 0.18.33

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.33

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Full English text proofreading and corrections.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed Trains gui listbox labels not being readable when hovered. (68302)
  • Fixed a crash when using LuaChunkIterator. (86089)
  • Fixed a desync related to placing blueprint with assembling machine with not yet researched recipe. (86134)
Gui
  • Windows with item and count to be selected are now merged into single window and double click on the item auto-confirms the window with the default count. Windows affected are logistic request, signal selection and (debug tool)infinity count selections.
Modding
  • All mining results of resources are forced to be unlocked in the selection lists, even when recipe to create them exists as well. (86021)
  • Added ItemPrototypeFlags::always_show, which forces the prototype to be always visible in the selection lists regardless of related recipes.
  • Added RecipePrototype::unlock_results bool (true by default). When set to false, the recipe doesn't unlock the item to be shown in selection lists.
  • Added RotatedSprite::counterclockwise bool (false by default). Set to true to indicate sprites in the spritesheet are in counterclockwise order.
  • Added CharacterPrototype::has_belt_immunity bool (false by default).
  • Entities no longer require the order string be set when there's no item-to-place them.
  • Added EntityPrototype::remove_decoratives. "true", "false", or "automatic". Defaults to "automatic".
  • Added TurretPrototype::attack_target_mask and ignore_target_mask. (86164)
  • Changed roboport tooltip to not show robot recharge rate when the roboport has no charging slots. (86202)
Scripting
  • Added LuaRecipePrototype::unlock_results read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.18.33

Post by posila »

Are you guys planning to release it on Steam? reeeee

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Windsinger »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:22 pm
[*]Windows with item and count to be selected are now merged into single window and double click on the item auto-confirms the window with the default count. Windows affected are logistic request, signal selection and (debug tool)infinity count selections.
Nice, thank you!

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Changes
Could we have a setting to reverse to preivous wordings ? :)

More seriously : indeed, nice improvement on the item+count selection UI, thank you for that.

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

Whoah! I just had that splitter filter bug yesterday while I was playing Krastorio and guy guys just fixed that. Great job!

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

posila wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Be grateful for that the early access users prepare you for what is coming to you with each update after release, when you got 2 ot 10 times the users. ;)

Btw, are you afraid of that yet?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Impatient wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:24 pm
Be grateful for that the early access users prepare you for what is coming to you with each update after release, when you got 2 ot 10 times the users. ;)

yeah has anyone even gone so far as to do to be more like?

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Sounds rather optimistic to be honest.

Even though I would be happy to be proven wrong I kinda doubt that there will be a 2-10 fold increase in users after the official release.

I think that while there might be a steady stream of new players coming in every month... that many people who are into the genre probably already own the game because of the magnificent reputation it already holds even though still officially being Early Access.

The reason for why I think that way is mostly because I noticed that instead of becoming louder towards the official release in what I would call "anticipation" it actually seems to become quieter here on the forum the recent years. Less (new) stuff being posted on the various boards. Back in the day in some of the boards there were so many new threads every day you had to scroll some pages to find where you left off the other day. Nowadays the last post on a thread at the bottom of the 1st page of some sub boards is already half a year back or even longer. Even in general board you often find stuff nowadays that is over a month old.

Maybe it is different on other platforms like reddit, but I don't use that one so I don't know.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I am :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Koub wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Oh boy, you've said that the forum is kind of a beast to manage after normal major releases, haven't you?

Now I feel kind of bad for you with 1.0 coming up...
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:59 am
Oh boy, you've said that the forum is kind of a beast to manage after normal major releases, haven't you?

It will go super smoothly. Not much will change anymore and not many will have waited to buy a game that has been available for over four years just because it leaves Early Access.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Loewchen wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 am
Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:59 am

It will go super smoothly. Not much will change anymore and not many will have waited to buy a game that has been available for over four years just because it leaves Early Access.
I am not sure about the last one. The player base could increase by a factor of two to ten. Getting the publicity of a 1.0 release, and speficically not being early access anymore will have an impact. I expect to see some numbers on that in n FFF after release.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Koub wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm
:lol:

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

MeduSalem wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:53 pm
Sounds rather optimistic to be honest.

Even though I would be happy to be proven wrong I kinda doubt that there will be a 2-10 fold increase in users after the official release.

I think that while there might be a steady stream of new players coming in every month... that many people who are into the genre probably already own the game because of the magnificent reputation it already holds even though still officially being Early Access.
Well it sure was a wild guess and part of a joke to posila. My basis for an informed guess is almost nonexistent.

The only thing I observe, when reading the forum in the games section of an austrian newspaper, is, that there seems to be a general reluctance when it comes to early access titles. Users often put early access in some group of shabby business practices. They argue from "developer lets users pay for being their testers", they don't want to play an unfinished and buggy game, to citing cases where development stopped during early access and the title and the fanbase was abandoned. They don't distinguish or make the effort to distinguish between a thrustworthy developer who bothers and others who are not and do not. I have the feeling, there are a lot of users who want to be served something that is labeled "ready". (There is no need to argue, that only caring about what a title is labeled is very short sighted.)

And don't forget we, who are with factorio and wube's dev process for years now, are the hard core of the fans. I think that is a valid and objective thing to write. We like the game for the logistic challenge, the math, the modding or whatever it is. Maybe we even sought for a game like this (I did). And I expect there will be a lot of "passing by" or "tourist" users, who buy the game because it is labeled "ready", "finished" or "released". A ton will like it, I am sure, and others won't. I expect a disproportional higher number will not like it (that number will still be low, after all factorio is a fantastic game), because of the reasons they buy it.

That is my reasoning for a noticeable increase in users after release. But at the same time, I have to say, your reason is also a plausible one.

As a side note on the matter of "tourists" or users who don't like the game: I expect a lot more griefing to happen in multiplayer and a lot more harsh postings on the forum (eg read this: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=85715 ).

That is kind of the reason why I made this counter joke to posila's joke. Although I think, posila's joke was very to the point :lol:

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

Changes
This begs the question: when is the hand off of the proofreading planned?
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Dev-iL wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 am
Changes
This begs the question: when is the hand off of the proofreading planned?
There will be more detail in the FFF, but basically, starting next week Altagram will take the Crowdin contents and start the target language translations, during which time we will ask people on crowdin not to touch it, as we don't want to deal with changing versions or merge conflicts

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Small Issue: Texts on load screen

Post by ixu »

Seems that the texts on load screen are not translated anymore.
(Tested for German and Russian)
Mods: ingteb, ixuClock, ixuAutoSave, NoCheating, hardCrafting (Maintainer) and more
Desperately tried to implement redo :)

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Small Issue: Texts on load screen

Post by Dev-iL »

ixu wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 am
Seems that the texts on load screen are not translated anymore.
(Tested for German and Russian)
This is to be expected in Experimental builds, especially ones that update >500 strings, such as this update. As a matter of fact, the diligent translators of RU and DE already updated all the strings for the next version.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Return to β€œReleases”