[boskid][0.18.32] Desync while mining trees

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
KoblerMan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[boskid][0.18.32] Desync while mining trees

Post by KoblerMan »

Hello,

I just had a desync on a multiplayer headless server and I'm doing my part to report it. I've put a link to the .zip file that generated during the event.

Hardware/Network Config: I am currently running an instance of headless Factorio on a DMZ on my home network. The DMZ is a Windows 10 Pro machine that has an AMD FX 8350 processor and an EVGA GTX 770 graphics card. It's a pretty old machine, it's actually my previous battlestation and I have repurposed it to run various game servers. The client machine is an AMD Ryzen 5 build with an RTX 2080. Regarding my network, I have a NAT rule for Factorio's default port as both internet-facing. The DMZ is on a separate VLAN to my client machine which has a specific firewall rule allowing traffic to the DMZ on the default Factorio port, so that I can play on my own server.

Context for desync: I am playing with two other friends who are connected via the internet. I had just placed a ghost rail (not from blueprint but by holding shift) over some trees. I was mining the trees that were marked for deconstruction by holding down the right mouse button to prevent me from removing ghost rails. Neither of the other two players on my server reported having issues, but they noticed that I had desynced. At this point I desynced and the report was generated.

Unfortunately, the attachments tab was not accepting my file correctly, so here is a link to mediafire where I uploaded the file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z0fqjq5d ... 5.zip/file

Hope this helps!
ImageImage
System Specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X (@~3.8 gHz)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080
RAM: 32GB DDR4 (2400)
DRIVES: 2x 1TB NVMe SSD, 1x 6TB HDD

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][0.18.32] Desync while mining trees

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 0.18.33. It was related to using blueprints with not yet researched recipes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”